• 1454 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9892 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Prevent Cheaters (kinda) - NANO, Hardcore Parkour

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by FredModulars, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Hi! So recently when I play NANO, cheaters invade Hardcore Parkour like bees in a jar. However, I have an idea to semi-prevent cheaters like those we've all seen at one point.

Make Checkpoints necessary. That's the flat out idea. What I mean by that is if you get to end and you missed checkpoints (for Hackers, it's most likely flying around/above/somewhere about them) the game would say "You've missed checkpoints" and would restart the player to the beginning. This would be beneficial to prevent hackers since most hackers skip checkpoints in Hardcore Parkour.

Thoughts?

(I might be wrong on this idea since checkpoints might already have this, but hopefully this is all new and I always see hackers flying above them in game)

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Meemsouprice likes this.
  2. Hackers can just fly to each check point

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    hazeae24 likes this.
  3. Yeah, I mean why not? It does not harm any legit player because they most likely are going to play through the checkpoints, meanwhile cheaters not. What if cheaters would fly through checkpoints? What about adding a timer that doesn't let anyone win or get to the goal under the certain amount of time, which basically would be the shortest time that the parkour can be done for (we need someone to WR it :p)

Also I am not sure how anti-cheat prevents flying for long amount of time since I actually haven't seen one flying to the goal, so would they get kicked or dropped to the void or something otherwise? Anyways, +1 from me.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  4. I can see why this would be useful, but I believe that it is best that we spend our resources developing methods to counter hackers instead of changing gameplay for it. With ToonBasic, the new anticheat developer, we can expect some new changes to GWEN that will decrease the amount of hackers on the server and give all players a better experience.

However, I do agree with Xion; rule breakers could easily fly to each checkpoint and win the game. Since there are loopholes around this proposition, implementing this isn't going to 100% stop hackers from winning in Hardcore Parkour. It's best that you report the player to a staff member via /a, /report, the StaffRequest Community or report the rulebreaker at mineplex.com/reports

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    ATruePitato and Glamourized like this.
  5. I think it would help a decent amount. At the very least, it would slow hackers down and hopefully prevent them from winning. Also, if they aren’t aware you have to go to each checkpoint, they might just fly to the end which would really waste their time and hopefully prevent hem from winning. The idea definitely wouldn’t do any harm since people pass over the checkpoints regardless.

But, like said above, I’m sure they’d still end up winning if they knew they had to fly to each checkpoint. Flying would still save them a ton of time and would probably result in them winning regardless if they can or can’t fly all the way to the end. Nice idea, but I don’t think it’s completely necessary to take the time to implement.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  6. Herrro!

As a person who loves to play NANO, I understand how frustrating it can be when people are hacking! With the changes that would be implemented if this were to be added, I still see many people flying around, but going to each checkpoint instead of going directly to the end. While it would take some extra time for these people, they would still be much faster than other players due to the fact that they can just fly directly from checkpoint to checkpoint, where as us players must jump from block to block.

However, I completely agree with what hazeae24 stated:
    The key to this is that we would be changing the gameplay to deal with these people. With this change, we can see many people not knowing that they need to go from checkpoint to checkpoint at first, but it would just be a matter of time until word has spread around that they need to go to each in order to still win. Since ToonBasic has been hired to work on GWEN, changes to the anti-cheat will be coming soon, and I personally believe that it is a better use of time, as then it would be working server-wide, not just for one game in NANO.

Overall, I would not mind the change to be implemented, but I do believe that it would only a temporary solution.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
  7. A simple solution aside from my update that is in the works would be to see how fast you completed the parkour. If it was too quick, just remove them from the game or restart them. A player shouldn't be able to finish a parkour in less than 5 seconds lets say.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  8. Problem is most Hackers do a small "fly" jump between each "island" or stand. It usually takes them the average time with a little less.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 20, 2019
  9. I don't see this happening in the near future. As others have pointed out, this idea does have some flaws since hackers can simply land at each checkpoint. I'd rather wait for a GWEN update rather than implementing this feature. This idea wouldn't hurt, but I would rather see our development resources allotted to projects with a higher priority. Because of this, I do not think this idea will be added any time soon.

Posted Jul 20, 2019