• 384 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8822 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Prestige levels

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jun 8, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex add prestige levels?

1. Yes

65.5%
  2. No

34.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. +1

Good idea, hopefully, it'll become a reality.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  2. I agree, I think it would encourage people to stay on the server once they reach level 100.
    --- Post updated ---
    Need more responses

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 27, 2019
  3. Hello there!
    I can't say I agree with this idea, unfortunately. Players grind and grind for a long time in order to achieve their goal of reaching the highest level possible, level 100. It's a sign of hard work and dedication, and I would assume it makes them feel proud/good about themselves. If we added even more leveling ability, even if there was an option to choose whether or not you wanted to go higher, it would still degrade a lot of what's special about level 100 to the players. The players that aren't yet level 100 and are going for it are going to feel greatly discouraged because once they reach level 100, it wouldn't even be the end. There wouldn't be any end to the leveling if we added this system you have suggested, and so players would gradually burn out from trying to get higher, because they don't have an end-goal level to go for. Secondly, if this was implemented, the players who are level 100 that don't want to continue won't feel as special anymore about their level, as they wouldn't be considered at the highest place anymore, even after all that work they put in to achieve it. For these reasons, it's a -1 from me.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    TheMooseBean likes this.
  4. If it's all about it being special, it really isn't as special as it once was. Back in 2016 when there was only a few, it was special, but as players keep getting level 100, it becomes less and less special. When was the last time you've seen someone say "omg level 100?" People don't really say that anymore because level 100s are in a lot of games now. There are 500 or so level 100s on the server in total. Most people just quit after they reach that because there is nothing else to achieve. I don't think Mineplex wants people to just play until they reach a level then quit. I'm sure it would benefit them more if people kept playing so they could have more players. I'm not saying there needs to be infinite prestiges, however I think they should add 1-2 more prestiges. Eventually, there will be more and more level 100s. That will lead to more and more of the active player base quitting. Some level 100s will keep playing, but some quit after they reach it because there is nothing else to achieve.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 28, 2019
    4G0 likes this.
  5. As a level 100 myself, I struggle to find a reason to keep me playing, as I've already maxed out all the levels and have every single mineplex achievement. Therefore, I'd have to strongly agree with this, it's a +1 from me.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  6. Hello,

I can’t agree with this as well. Like @Tilgorn said, players grind for level 100 and adding more levels would make the players that put in hard work frustrated. Players already see level 100 as the end goal. -1 for me.

Best Regards,
    TheMooseBean

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  7. Heyo!

This idea has already been discussed in a few other threads. But lets cut to my opinion.

I really like this idea, as this can keep players here. This is so it isn't boring when you get to Level 100. Right now, when you get to level 100, it is boring. You have no use to play games, as you won't get any levels that you would be excited for.
    I have a suggestion. My suggestion, is that for the first prestige, the levels are easier to obtain. Each prestige gets harder and harder to level up, so players would have to work hard to get through the prestige's.
    Overall, a +1.
    Have a good day!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  8. Hey!
    I believe this idea, done properly, could be an excellent addition to the current level system. As EmmaLie said, it would require some extra work to allow it to function properly, and the PPC symbol may look strange with additional symbols, but you have touched on these observations already. It would be awesome for the people who worked very hard and put a lot of effort and time into reaching level 100 to have the ability to prestige for providing a new goal to reach. Therefore, it is a +1, when adjusted, from me. Thanks!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  9. Do you believe there should be a certain amount until you reach prestige master?

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  10. I definitely do believe there should be a limit to how many times you can prestige, or reach "Prestige Master". However, if this were to be implemented a long with the prestiging in general, it would take a very long time to get to this prestige level, and I do not really see a point in extending it past 3. The overall time it would take and little incentive you receive with lack of rewards for that many and high levels. Otherwise, it would not be such a bad idea, as long as it is realistic.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  11. Ok, interesting! Originally I was against this but it doesn’t really seem like a bad idea. The only thing I would hope is if they added rewards everytime you prestiged and have a really good reward reaching “prestige master”. I changed my vote!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  12. It's pretty weird that most people commenting about how boring it is once you reach level 100 aren't even level 100.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  13. Personally, I think that it is not worth creating prestige levels since it will make the time spent grinding for XP, almost pointless. I would prefer to see a level 101 concept, where the player has to earn 10million XP to level up to it. This is a lot of XP, which will give people a target which will not only take a lot of work and effort to get to, but also not ruin the experience for those that worked so hard to get to level 100.

Please like this if you think it is a good idea :)

Posted Aug 28, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 28, 2019
  14. Sure I’m not level 100 but I sure know what it feels like from playing other games. I know the feeling it’s very exciting and rewarding.
    --- Post updated ---
    Interesting idea!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  15. I’m not on board with this idea. Here is why:

1. People spend hours heavily grinding (or AFKing) to level 100 and the addition of this would take away the prestige of level 100 (unless you AFKed). Think of it this way: Someone finally hit level 100 and then someone with a star (or whatever the prestige level symbol should represent) is like “oh but I have this star, try harder!”
    Obviously (most) level 100s aren’t going to be toxic in that sense, but the meaning is clear.

2. There are some people who can hit level 100 twice or three times. There are two potential issues that this causes.
    A. They would have 2, 3 (or however many you may have) stars. This could cause a nightmare in the chat as far as aesthetics go. I know the aren’t many people who would have this but it really misalign the chat and wouldn’t look very pleasing in slightest.
    B. This is less of an issue but what would happen with the extra XP that others have earned? I would really hate to see it go to waste and have all players start at the bare-minimum level 100.
    --- Post updated ---
    I don’t like this because:

1. 101 would look really funky in the chat and would throw a lot of people off. “100” is seen as the top, highest, most prestigious, etc.. number. Adding 101 would look really ugly and would just throw things off.

2. This is the same reason as reason that I’ve listed above. One more thing I would like to add: a lot of players who are nearing level 100 (level 81-99) would infuriate a lot of players because it would take away a lot of the personal reward of level 100 (this is coming based of how a level 63 who plans to make level 100 feels).

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  16. I was in the same boat you were in. I wasn't the biggest fan in this idea I just thought it was interesting. However, what's wrong about adding more rewards prestiging? It's not like players who are level 100 are going to loose the rewards they grinded for. The crates they earned aren't gonna disappear neither are the rewards they got out of them. Also they could always just keep the rewards that players get reaching level 100. In my opinion, It would encourage players who are level 100 to prestige for even more rewards. Also, I really don't see 3 stars "causing a nightmare", have you seen the stars in Minecraft chat? They are pretty small.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  17. Hi there!

I don't think this idea is every players cup of tea. Most players find it incredibly rewarding to have finally "completed" Mineplex after reaching level 100. But after having a few nostalgic flashbacks to the Call of Duty days, I thought that this was a great idea. The never ending grind is what I think keeps people at a certain game. I do find a couple flaws in this idea though. Firstly, Mineplex would have to change the way xp is gained and the amount of xp needed per level up. This could cause many problems, seeing that it has stayed the same for so long. Another issue that could occur is one from the players. Some that have already reached level 100 may not want to play anymore knowing that there is more to be done.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on this idea. I think it is great and you should definitely keep going with it. It may turn into something that could really benefit Mineplex!

Cheers,
    Supreme

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  18. I believe harder and more rewarding achievements are better. Prestige creates a strange divide.

Examples:
    Unlocking all the kit in every game - 2x Gems

Unlocking all champions abilities - title: Dominator

Being in the top 10 of a leaderboard - title: Top 10 + 2x daily reward

getting to #1 on a leaderboard - title: #1 + #1 Forum Tag + 4x gems in the game they are #1 of

having a year of in-game time -title: !¡ 365 !¡ - 1.5x Gems

Defeating all Clans bosses - title: !¡ Boss slayer !¡

Being the original owner of one of every Clans legendary - title: </> Clans Legend <\>

Harder achievements with greater rewards may work better.

Maybe add stackable gem multipliers ie.
    1.5x + 2x + 4x maxing out to 7.5x?

This is just a suggestion.

Have a good evening,
    ~yato

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  19. It would be implemented at some point in the future, just not now, presumably until a levels update. It's just not a top priority right now. I know it's been suggested a lot - see this post which has more info and links to different threads about it (Noteworthy is Em's response to this thread as well). Since this is technically already planned, will mark this thread as processed & lock it for the time being. Thanks for your idea and message me with any questions!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.