• 1553 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10319 Players Online
  • 8766 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Preferred IDE

Discussion in 'Technology' started by beanowonotanuwu, Jul 27, 2020.

1. What's your preferred ide for any language?

I like the default IDLE Python code editor but I think Visual Studio Code is good too.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  2. I like Visual Studio Code.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    beanowonotanuwu likes this.
  3. I personally am learning both Swift and Java, so I would have to say that my IDE of choice would be XCode for Swift and IntelliJ Idea for Java. XCode is kinda the only option for Swift and IntelliJ is something I have used for years and grown used to.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  4. Personally, I've used four different IDEs. While learning python, I used pycharm and while learning Java I used Intellij. (If you couldn't tell I like JetBrains products, haha). I've also used VS Code for writing in JavaScript as well. I think I like IntelliJ the best, however VS Code is also a very clean and easy to understand. Oh, and how can I forget, DrJava. 100% sure that it is the worst IDE i've ever used, would never recommend it.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    UCYT5040 and beanowonotanuwu like this.
  5. PyCharm is nice for Python, Visual Studio for C#, and (please don't kill me for saying this) Eclipse for Java.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  6. I actually prefer Eclipse for Java instead of IntelliJ or anything else.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Gardening_Tool likes this.
  7. God bless you

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  8. Hellooo!

I have personally always used IntelliJ at home, when I am just practicing my coding or working on a project. For school, we used BlueJ, which is targeted more towards beginners. I enjoy the slightly more advanced mechanics of IntelliJ and it's user-friendly corrections. It's the IDE I started using when I first learned Java, and it hasn't failed me since, so I continue using it. I do hope to branch out to some more sophisticated or complex IDEs to further improve my knowledge and skills. It's great to see all the responses, I might have to check some of these out! Thanks for asking!

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  9. Depends on the language. If I'm using Java, IntelliJ all the way. For Python, PyCharm and for any other languages, Visual Studio Code (Java & Python are the only 2 I am currently looking into.) All 3 of the IDEs are very easy to use, clean UI and it's overall really easy to start coding in all of these.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  10. Python-Pycharm
    Java-Intellij

Posted Aug 21, 2020
  11. Hey! Like a bunch of others have said, for Java, I prefer IntelliJ. If I'm working with Python, I prefer PyCharm.

Posted Aug 23, 2020
  12. JetBrains I see.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2020
  13. Yep! Definitely a fan of JetBrains.

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  14. Oh boy, here we go, I have 2 preferred IDES, lets get into it shall we? The first one is, visual studio 2019 as I like to make 2d games in unity, simply because It is just my thing :) and second one is eclipse, because I am getting into and learning java and hoping to one day become Mineplex's anticheat coder!

Posted Sep 6, 2020
  15. Personally, I prefer InteliJ; specifically for coding in Java, however I prefer Jetbrains IDE’s in general.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  16. Imagine using IDEs smh. Notepad++

Posted Sep 23, 2020
  17. IDEs? How dare you accuse me of such degeneracy! All my homies use VIM.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  18. PyCharm for Python, IntelliJ for Java. Can't be beat!

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  19. Havent used python in a while but when i used to, i remember that i just used python.org 's IDE, i mean it works :P

Posted Oct 15, 2020