• 801 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8436 Players Online
  • 7635 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Predictions on the Update (Survey)?

Discussion in 'Champions' started by ISleptOnMyKeyboard, Sep 3, 2020.

?

When is the update coming out in your opinion (State why you think that)

1. <3 months

3.8%
  2. 3-6 months

11.5%
  3. 6-12 months

19.2%
  4. 1-2 years

26.9%
  5. 2+ years

23.1%
  6. Never, champs will get deleted before (Or smth else)

15.4%
  1. So some time ago there was a document having a list of changes to Champions. So when does everyone think the update is coming out?

For the survey, I believe it'll around a year or 2 to bring it out. I think so because Champs is a dead game (Sorry if it sounded insulting but compared to other games it kinda is), and for any other between popular and dead game, I haven't seen it get updated in 9+ months except for a few games. and champs is a dead one so no wonder if it takes forever for the update, basically MP seems to update the most alive games to an unnecessary amount compared to other games, and they leave any game that's not very popular with a severe lack of updates. Brian said somewhere iicr he would focus on the games that had more players (But he resigned so idk if that's still valid). So yeah, that's my opinion on when the updates coming out.

Posted Sep 3, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 3, 2020
  2. I've actually had this conversation in a CTF waiting lobby this morning with a few other players. One player brought up the point that Champions will hopefully be updated when Clans is reset. With the reasoning that if Clans was only going to get a map reset, it would have been months / weeks ago. The GI Champions Update Proposal doc brought up a fair number of alterations and other suggestions. Not to mention the amount of bugs QA has probably forwarded to the Development team also. Regarding the fact that there is a lot to be updated, I'm guessing that it will take a considerable time to be pushed. However, I hope that it will probably come within the next few months especially since other critical updates that the development team have been working on have already been released like the Immortal Shop, a skywars update, and UHC (which is only going to receive 1 more update before the BETA tag is removed). The fact is that Champions is in a place where it isn't gaining any more players due to pub stomping, and I'm going to just leave it at that. Without this update I forsee that Champions will still be stuck in its current state, neither losing nor gaining players. Of course there are easier more controversial ways to increase Champions playerbase, but that is another story.

Posted Sep 3, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 3, 2020
    Starx280, Susie, GAM and 2 others like this.
  3. Tbh i feel like champs being very unique and not among the games that a bunch of servers use and make reskins of. People usually keep games like SW, CW, and Bridges (Though not too sure about Bridges), and those games are updated properly, and usually those games have pub stompers/hackers but yet aren't dead (Also lets be honest those games give an insane amount of xp while champs gives almost no xp). If champs at least gives some xp and gets some attention towards it people may start to join and then the pub stomp problem would be reduced. Also, don't know how many times this has to be said but champs has an insane introduction to it. Other games usually don't require too much skill to understand, but knowing what to put as your build is really hard to understand as people won't know what to put in their build, and which skills are good or not.

Tldr: What actually killed Champs

1. One of the most unique games in the server (Though I'm p sure -snip- has a similar vers to this), I at least know that it isn't in a lot of servers.
    2. Lack of updates.
    3. Extremely hard intro to the game, yes pub stomping made it harder but not by a lot and compared to other stuff it did nothing
    4. Game balancing is like yikes (Veterans benefit more from this as they know what's broken and what's underpowered).

Also immortal was for money, which is why MP exists, SW is extremely popular in meta and its popular in MP so ofc it'd get updated. UHC coming back seemed like a move that may prove the update may come sooner as it's a whole new game and was suggested a few times.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 3, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 7, 2020
    Starx280, GAM and aiirr like this.
  4. I definitely agree with you here. I think as much as the community wants this update to come as quickly as possible, I have a feeling it's going to take a lot longer than we think, probably around a year in my opinion. I only say this because it's an absolutely MASSIVE change to the game especially if you consider how little it has been updated over the years with there really only being map updates. That has left a lot of game balances issues that need to be fixed that have finally been recognized. There's also the consideration of other updates that there may be that are more prioritized over this, so I feel like it's really hard to say when we think this will be implemented. I do hope these changes help the game gain some more players, but I think there are still some issues that will leave it at a stand still like Paladise said. Though, it is definitely a much needed update and I really look forward to seeing how it all plays out once it is implemented.

Posted Sep 3, 2020
    GAM and Paladise like this.
  5. Unless things have radically changed in the past 1-2 years, which I doubt btw, it's pretty hard telling. Could be with the next clans reset, could be for the next few months after that... could be 1-2 more years down the line. Until the month the update comes, I doubt anyone- even someone in GI, QA, Ideas, etc. will know

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    GAM and SpitefulNick like this.
  6. I can confirm that I have no idea when any of the games I'm involved in get updated.

Posted Sep 6, 2020
    GAM, Crash and Jaek like this.