• 840 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2924 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion PracticePVP

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by TehZealot, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Hello, my suggestion is about adding this new gamemode named PracticePVP, this gamemode is about practicing your pvp skills, there are also certain gamemodes like:

BuildUHC
    Sumo
    NoDebuff
    Debuff
    And more!

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  2. There are many games on Mineplex that require players to put their PvP skills into action, even including Lobby Gladiators. Therefore, I'm not sure how this gamemode would stand out from others, as it would essentially turn into a plain PvP game where players are placed in an arena, as far as I am able to tell from this post. It would be helpful if you can provide more details about your idea.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  3. Hey.

I have been playing PratisePvP before, and it is a little fun game to play. However, Mineplex has many games that already require PvP skills to play, and I don't think that it is necessary to add something like this when we have tons of PvP Games. But, it can be made into something unique that can be a nice game here on Mineplex, so I would suggest adding some of your ideas in this game, so it could be something more original that you've already suggested.

The concept of PraticePvP is a nice concept, but many server have this as a game mode.

For now, I'll wait until you've come with some new ideas before I'm rating this idea :)

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  4. Heyo!

I don't think this game would work mainly because there are loads of games where PvP is the main focus. I could see this working as a lobby game, kind of like Lobby Gladiators and I think people would play it and it might work. As an avid PracticePVP player I would love to see this on the server however I just don't see it working mainly because Mineplex is a mini-game server. I'll give this a 0.5 because maybe it could be a lobby gamemode but I doubt Mineplex would add it. Neat idea but I don't think it will work.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  5. if mineplex would add this, I guarantee half the server's players will only play this gamemode (because there's a ton of "no-life pvp tryhards" on mineplex) and all the other games would just die, so this would be a -1 from me.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  6. Hi

First off, you should elaborate on your idea more so that it could have a higher chance of getting accepted as a game, but even so, I'm not a fan of this idea. There are already several games that include PVP in many forms, especially gladiators in the lobby. Adding a PVP game into the server ultimately wouldn't be beneficial and I don't think many people would play it.

Another thing is that games like sumo have been suggested before and I don't think they are going to be made as games even though I would like them to be. UHC has also been suggested a variety of times and members of the ideas team have already said that this idea would most likely not be featured, so there's that much. I can't give too much else since you didn't elaborate but it's going to be a -1 for me. Thanks.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  7. Hey there!

As many other lovely people have said above, there are many other gamemodes that make use of and strengthen players' PvP skills. Lobby gladiators is probably the closes to the game you are thinking of, which to me sounds like some form of a duel. Seeing as how lobby glads basically is duels, I see no reason to include an entirely separate game as I'm not sure that would attract much of a playerbase. If you do not know, gladiators was a game for a while but was ultimately removed so I do not see why this is necessary.

Thanks for the idea, but this is a -1 from me.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  8. Hello,

I believe you should expand on the idea by adding how this would work and give information on how each type works like "BuildUHC" what kit you'd get and how it'd work. I also believe you should put a lot more information in the thread to get a higher chance of getting it accepted as a game mode. Meanwhile, you can join Gladiators in the lobby where you can pvp to practice your skills but their is just one basic kit where instead you queue for Debuff & NoDebuff in this new gamemode you have suggested here. Also, not many people will play Gladiators in the lobbies except for Lobby-1 and there's only one map so it takes time to get into a game so adding this game mode could be beneficial to be able to practice pvp at a faster rate.

Personally, I will give this suggestion a 0.75 because it could take time for developers to create like faster pearls and pots in a java or spigot file. This has been suggested before I believe so this will be my final rating, I may change if you update the thread with new ideas and suggestions in the post.

Kind Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  9. Lobby Gladiators is a poor substitute for actual Practice queues. Given that everyone and their mother plays practice, I don't see why not, although I don't see much point in having a Debuff queue given that even on actual practice servers they rarely get players.

Posted Oct 27, 2019