• 1293 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3377 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned PPC Perk Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by xLengoBug5, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi.
    I have a suggestion for the Power Play Club. It is to make it so if you are in the hub you can enable a force field feature and disable velocity like I've seen Youtubers using in videos.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  2. It’s a nice suggestion that would give something new to PPC, but personally, I don’t think it’s needed.
    The reason our content creators have access to this is to prevent people from approaching them while they’re recording. That way, they can record their video without being bothered. It isn’t really a “for fun” cosmetic.
    Usually, at max, you’d only see one or two content creators in a lobby. For PPC, there’s a lot of people with the subscription. It would probably get annoying for other players since they’d repeatedly be knocked back by PPC members’ forcefields.

It’s a nice idea, and I definitely support more cosmetics for PPC, but I don’t think this is needed.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  3. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I'll have to disagree with adding a force field feature to for Power Play Club members because they'll start abusing the feature in the lobby. It's only available for Content Creators who need to record or stream live on Mineplex. How does the player feel when they cannot get close to them? Players wouldn't enjoy someone who has a force field around with them. Of course, I love the idea you have, but I don't think the Developers would be pleased to have a unique feature in the lobby. Another thing I want to add is that the lobby is going to be more chaotic too. -1

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  4. Whilst this feature would be cool to have, I'll have to disagree with it as well; the sole purpose of adding this feature to specific groups of the network is to avoid them being targetted across the lobby. You would notice that SR.MOD+ also have this feature. This is again to avoid them being chased around the lobby and nothing else. Another thing to add is the fact that the lobby would become laggier if we have lots of players using this feature at once; usually, there would be 1-3 content creators or generally players that have access to this feature in a single lobby. If this feature was to get added for all PPC members, not only would it cause mass chaos because of everyone flying around all the time, but it would be really laggy. There also might be some trolls that, for instance, would stand next to the Lobby Gladiators NPC at the Lobby, preventing players from clicking the NPC and queuing up. Overall, I'd have to give this idea a -1 as whilst it can be fun for PPC members, it could make servers more laggy and would make lobbies chaotic.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  5. This is a nice idea, but not one I would like to see implemented. The main force field for Developers+ and Content Creators are trusted with it because there is a need and if they abuse it they’re permissions can be revoked. I’ll just point out a few reasons why I disagree, some of which have already been said:

• This would be annoying and even frustrating for regular players
    • Can be abused by people with PPC
    • Lobbies like Lobby-1 would essentially be ping-pong and very chaotic
    • There are more user-friendly ideas for PPC that developers would most likely choose over this

Overall, -1

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  6. What's poppin!
    I would I have to agree with what they've said above me. I won't repeat the reason as I'm sure you understand but it would create a lot of abuse with this. Having the ability to push other people away from you seems kinda overpowered for the community to have. It also doesn't make sense why the community should have this ability. It's not really needed and is considered a want other than a need feature.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  7. Ok, I get how the force field would get annoying, but what about the ignore velocity?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 15, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 15, 2019
  8. Hello,
    As others have already said, I do not think it would be a good idea to implement a force field and velocity feature for PPC. Although PPC is the highest tier of exclusive cosmetics, having these a force field would come with far too much abuse and backlash. Players would be relentlessly thrown off the hub island constantly if this were added and it would be very annoying. In addition, the only reason content creators and such get this feature is to stop players from crowding them constantly; it is not meant as a cosmetic feature. Overall, these features would not fit well in PPC and would come with several issues. Thank you for suggesting this, but it is going to be a -1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  9. Hello,

While I understand that this might be a cool feature to add, it really does not make sense, in my opinion, for us to add it in. I'll try and avoid saying thats simply because of the fact that our developers could be working on other things at this time, thought that is part of the reason why.

Currently, Event Squad, Admin+. and YT/Stream/YouTube have /radius in lobbies in order to be able to walk around and have fun without getting bombarded with people all coming up to them. Giving it to PPC members simply does not make sense because they do not need the command in order to be able to either produce content or host an event. If given, places like Lobby-1 would essentially because a place where people are never able to stand still, especially places near the hill.

I also do not agree with this suggestion, sadly. The knock-back in lobbies is part of the cosmetics that basically everyone has. It's hard to find people with zero flesh-hooks, as they are just something that is super common and has become part of the game. Staff members have this option since there are times when we need to investigate something going on in the lobby, and we do not wanted to be moved around by peoples cosmetics while we are trying to deal with a situation. Staff members and content creators are also much more likely to be targeting in lobbies to annoy them, so we have it in to prevent that from happening. Making sure that each player takes knock back also gives us some security that players are not hacking in lobbies, since it can help us determine that.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  10. hi i'm new to being a member. what do i do?

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  11. Hey, so this isn’t the right place to ask a question here. Since you’re new, make sure you follow the forum rules at https://www.mineplex.com/rules. For future reference, please refrain from asking here on this thread.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  12. Heyo!
    This would not be fair to other players because about one quarter if the Mineplex community has the power player club. If would be annoying to people who just want to jump around in the lobby . Also players could use this for bad things too. They could knock players back and even bully them with this and we don’t want players being kicked for this. Also you might be asking “then why wouldn’t sr.mods+ and you tubers not do this? They are mature and already 14 years old and they’re is no age limit to ppc so they’re might be immature people or bully’s that could be mean to players with the forcefield.
    Overall I’ll be giving this idea a -1

Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  13. Hi!

I would have to agree with the people above me. Having this, this can easily be abused. All Content Creators have this, and it would just cause chaos in the lobby. Overall, I don't think this would be good to be implemented for a PPC Cosmetic, because of all the chaos it would bring.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  14. Heyo!

In my opinion, I really don't see why this needs to be added. I could see these features being exploited explicitly. The main reason Content Creators use these features is when they are recording and need room to do their thing. I just don't see this being implemented due to it being abused. I'll give this a -1 but thanks for suggesting!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  15. A forcefield for PPC would be pretty overpowered. That kind of feature is limited to people like admin+, YTs/YouTubers, etc. I think having all players who purchase the PPC subscription having this perk would be really annoying since you'd be bounced around the hub a lot if a bunch of people happens to have it turned on. It's better limited to a few people who might need it to create content etc. Anyone with this currently knows not to "abuse it", per se, and use it sparingly to avoid annoying players.
    Going to deny this idea for the reasons above, as I don't believe this is a necessary perk. Thank you for your suggestion, though! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
    Thread locked - not planned.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.