• 995 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3424 Players Online
  • 2429 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Power Play Club!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Unfavorited, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

POWER PLAY CLUB

As many of you already know, power play club is a monthly subscription where you can pay $6.99 every month and receive some exclusive perks in return. The current subscription includes the following...

“- Custom Exclusive Cosmetic Monthly (Morph, Mount, Pet, Particles)

- 2 Game Amplifiers per month

- 1 Omega Chest per month

- Power Play Forum Tag

- Uniquely Colored Forum Posts

- Access to Surprise VIP Events and Information

- Mineplex Newsletter Straight to your inbox monthly”

Currently, 5 of those are true. You don’t get Newsletter sent straight to your inbox monthly, and there aren’t any Surprise VIP events anymore. But the other items, you still get. As of now, Power Play club is $6.99 every month which isn’t too much, but with PPC’s current standpoint, is it worth paying $6.99 every month? If you don’t use the forums, or care for it, the unique colored forums post and power play forum tag won’t matter much to you. You’re left with 1 omega chest a month, which is rare but can be underwhelming. 2 game amplifiers which are great but aren’t used as much, especially with thank rewards being pretty low now. And a unique cosmetic just for power play club members. Now all of this seems cool, but after a few months, it doesn’t seem worth it anymore.

So I am making this thread to ask the community, what would you like to see added to Power Play Club? What kind of cosmetics are you interested in? Do you have any suggestions for the cosmetics themselves? What perks would you love to add? Power Play Club is one of Mineplex’s unique approaches to the server and we shouldn’t let it die out. As a community, it’s our job to suggest for more, and bring ideas to the table so that marketing and production can see and decide. I am very excited to see the ideas you guys have!

Posted May 15, 2019
    Hiccuping and Jkaebub like this.
  2. Power Play Club is nothing but capitalist greed to me
    Collectivization of the shards and gems that the proletarians of Mineplex make should really be happening
    Why have some people have 50000k shards leftover when others have 100, the class struggle is killing Mineplex
    Communist Revolution doesn't sound like a bad idea to me

Posted May 15, 2019
    Vocaloiid, Snowwii, Mr_Ant87 and 6 others like this.
  3. Honestly you’re right.

I didn’t get the newsletter in my inbox this month
    And there doesn’t seem to be surprise events anymore. So PPC definitely needs an upgrade for sure.

Maybe one perk could be that the ppc users get access to the newsletter a day before it is published (maybe via a google doc that is only accessible to ppc members) maybe another idea is that ppc has its own server place to hang out (like staff-1, Club-1 where ppc members have a cool lobby and maybe play some games). I’d personally love to see ppc members in this lobby have access to some smaller removed games such as gravity and such, which I think could really increase the value of ppc but I know giving members powers to play certain games in ppc lobbies is not feasible.

Regardless of the ideas, you’re right in saying that it needs a facelift. Especially because I’m paying 10$ CAD for certain services that were promised that are not being given to me.

+1

Posted May 15, 2019,
    Last edited May 16, 2019
    xJon and Unfavorited like this.
  4. I agree with you on this. PPC is almost a scheme as it only gives you five out of the seven perks promised. I'd like to see an extra Omega Chest and maybe even a special lobby like @Sven said.

I'm excited to see what you guys come up with, as I am an investor in PPC.

+1 (sorry for the short post, I'm about to go to bed)

Posted May 15, 2019
    Unfavorited likes this.
  5. Hello Favorited,

So let me start off by saying that Mineplex's Marketing Team is absolutely terrible at putting any notion of value into their ranks! Now that we've got that out of the way, I'll get into some ideas to improving Power Play Club because it, just like everything else on the store, is worthless. The only people paying for it are people like you and me who genuinely care about Mineplex and want to give it a donation. It's far established at this point that no one is buying ranks for the perks, and if they are... well oh boi are they getting a disappointment.

PPC is the only monthly payment rank (besides the weird monthly hero payment that may still be a thing I can't have the energy to check). Therefore, it should be common sense that marketing would pack it with items that, on first sight, make you want to get it no matter what. A great example is the MVP++ rank on -snip-. Whoever makes ranks over there is amazing at putting value into their ranks and it obviously pays off. We could easily do the same if we actually cared about getting money around here.

So here are some ideas:
    Chat Perks: We need to find perks that any player can use, regardless of their existing rank. An easy solution is to make a user's name in a lobby gold instead of yellow. A subtle change, this could easily give a slight highlight to players but not overcomplicate the chat or be one of those rainbow chat servers.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    With PPC:
    [​IMG]

Monthly Item Changes: Another idea would be to buff the number of items you get per month from the subscription. Currently, 2 amplifiers and 1 omega chest, we need something that really makes players have an incentive to buy it. Amplifiers are just so underpowered currently as you only get around 2k shards from them (yet another problem with marketing and putting value into items) so increasing the rewards from 2 to 3 or 4 doesn't seem like a bad idea. For omega chests, I'd highly suggest increasing the chest count to 3.
    This would easily be an effective way to put value into the rank.

PPC Exclusive Cosmetics: Then, PPC exclusive cosmetics that one gains while having their subscription in EVERY cosmetic category.

Pick a Cosmetic: Every two months of being subscribed (every single multiple of two) an option in the Carl GUI appears where you get to pick any cosmetic from a specific category. Exclusive to PPC, this would be a major game changer when it comes to getting your favorite cosmetic. Think about how much people would want this feature. They could complete their suits that they've been trying to get for months. The possibilities are endless.

MPS Modifiers: If Mineplex ever got around to making MPS modifiers or super big MPS perks, restricting the perks to the PPC subscription would be absolutely epic and be a huge way to put value into the subscription (yes I know I've repeated that last line like 100 times now).

Lobby Triple Jump: This would be abolsutely epic if PPC players could triple jump in lobbies. People would love it.

PPC Exclusive Chest Opening Area: Self-explanatory. Especially at the start of the month, everyone is trying to open their chests and people fight over spots to open chests, a PCC-exclusive chest opening area would allow PPC members to chill while opening items while the rest of the non-PPC players have to fight over their chests.

Discord Rank: Okay, I already know everyone's blood pressure went up just looking at that bolded title, but hear me out. I know adding discord ranks is always a huge controversy, but we're talking about trying to make a subscription the best it can be. A subscription that makes you want to buy it the second you read the awesome perks. A great way to make PPC great is to extend it to all platforms, discord being one of them. Having a discord rank would make the rank so coveted that people would really want to buy it. So, again, I know this causes controversy, but please hear me out on this one. Adding a really nice, light-blue, hoisted, discord rank for PPC members would be a great marketing move and would easily make PPC worth the 7 dollars.

Global PPC Chat/Community: This one is not the best idea I've come up with, but it's not bad either. I think adding a global PPC chat or at least a subscribable one (in /prefs) would be a neat idea and something that we could definitely explore (at the very least, make a PPC-exclusive community).

Option to Disable Carl Messages: Carl Messages are so annoying I'm sure people would love the option to disable them.

I made a document containing this all here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SXhGuWuE6ryW1QkN42FkaEyNLUDDEiVebK6-kygwxcU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
    Techno

Posted May 15, 2019
  6. Yeah, the PPC definitely needs to be changed. Wiz has really great points and there's one idea of Sven's I really like. Some sort of seperate lobby or seperate chat for only the PPC players would be great, but with obviously the exception of staff members. I'm thinking that it might work, but there can also be issues. I guess whatever you fit in the monthly subscription and yearly, has to be balanced. Overall, it is really in need of an update, and has to be overhauled.

A +1 from me.

Posted May 15, 2019
    Wiz_Techno and Unfavorited like this.
  7. at least we still have good ol metal man

Posted May 21, 2019
  8. Posted May 21, 2019,
    Last edited May 21, 2019
    xJon and Snowwii like this.
  9. I agree with most of @Wiz_Techno's suggestions. The only idea that I have against is having a global chat for PPC players. I'm not sure what would make it different from community chat, except for the fact that the people in it would be different. Besides that though, I completely agree with the rest of those suggestions and I hope to see them implemented in the near future.

Posted May 25, 2019
  10. I completely agree with a lot of the suggestions on this thread. It's quite disappointing to see PPC get very little attention when it could have so much more potential. Considering that the rank has been around for over 2 years now, an update seems overdue at this point.

Firstly, I don't like the fact that these perks are listed on the shop when two of them don't apply or get fulfilled anymore. These should be replaced with other perks or simply removed. I imagine that players are disappointed and confused when perks they paid for aren't available.

From a personal viewpoint, I had PPC for 2 months when it was first released. The reason why I stopped it was because there was nothing that made me want to continue paying for it anymore. A subscription needs to capture your attention. It needs to be a small thing which you look forward to every month. The cosmetics were cool at first and there are some really nice ones. Right now I'm not even aware of what the cosmetics are or if this still happens. This would be another great marketing opportunity. The marketing towards this was good at first as it made me really want to subscribe. I believe that this is a big reason why as many people aren't subscribed anymore.

A lot of the ideas suggested by @Wiz_Techno are great. In particular I really like the MPS idea. Players are constantly wanting new MPS options and this would be the perfect opportunity to do so. Things like extra commands, additional games and preferences would be loved by many. ]

Additionally, I like the idea of there being a lobby where subscribers can hang out. Considering that it's called Power Play Club, the idea of a hangout spot would work well. I don't know how much players would use it, but I imagine that if it had some exclusive features and was marketed well then it could work.

Posted May 25, 2019
    Vocaloiid and Wiz_Techno like this.
  11. The only point I disagree with you here is this one. It seems like a hub barely anyone would use since people enjoy hanging out in lobbies with their friends, but not many people have PPC in the first place or have money to, so their friends wouldn't be able to join. It seems like it'd be bare and empty.

Posted May 25, 2019
  12. As you may be aware of, the recent PPC update included many perks that enhanced the quality of the subscription, including an official PPC-exclusive community, a diamond sword name, triple jumping in lobbies, and more. Due to this update being released, I will be processing this thread. Thank you for bringing up this topic!

Idea Processed - Thread Locked

Posted Jun 4, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.