• 1173 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7377 Players Online
  • 6204 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Possible nerfs/buffs (My personal thoughts)

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by KingHallow, Nov 16, 2019.

1. I find myself dying to certain characters. A lot. And let's face it, some characters are just better than others. Here are some ideas I had, but I'm no pro so any possible edits to these would be nice.

Blaze - Blaze is a really brainless kit. There is little skill involved in playing blaze. I propose one SIMPLE fix to this problem. The blaze should not be able to have complete air control during firefly.

Squid
    - Squid is good. Squid can be countered. Squid is fun to play and not boring to fight. I just have one nerf to make squid much more balanced - Damage will cancel super squid. Not all damage, but melee damage only.

Cow - Cow's cooldowns need to be reduced, milk spiral's hitbox needs to be a little larger, and survivability needs to be buffed a small amount. Cow is fine otherwise, and is actually still quite viable.

Snowman - I propose a new ability that can change the tides of battle completely: Ice dome. Ice dome will be an ability that will create a small sphere around the snowman, this dome will destroy it's self after 1.5 seconds, and can be destroyed with damage (Good for pesky chicken missiles). This should have a reasonably long cooldown, but nothing over 15 seconds. Alternatively, just add an ice wall. Yeah, that's it. Also why does snowman's smash crystal suck? Like it has so much potential but due to line of sight, it sucks. I propose a new smash crystal - Snowglobe. Snowman creates a HUGE ice dome that can cover an entire island. Enemies trapped in this dome will take damage as snowballs rain from the sky. This can kill any player quite quickly, but snowman is very vulnerable to attacks when stuck in the globe.

Wolf - I don't have any problems with wolf to be honest. Just what does wolf do besides cub tackle? Like i'v never seen anything but cub tackle from wolves. I don't know.

Enderman - Longer blink range, more block damage, and maybe another ability? I don't know, thoughts in replies.

[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]Guardian[/FONT] - I don't know what to say about guardian, no one uses it. It just needs an overall buff to damage and defense. It's smash crystal is a little op but that's fine.

Chicken - ........... no?

Zombie - Just a buff to spawn rates with his smash crystal. The zombies also burn for some reason. They should not do this. They need to spawn with random tools and armor, and have speed 1. Might be a little op. Thoughts?

Iron golem - I don't know what to say. Iron golem is just the "noob" character. Although being rather good, most people ditch IG for the chad squid. Maybe just more rewarding effects to make you feel like you're doing something? IG is boring to play.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  2. Buffing Enderman would be a big mistake. Endy has great base stats and BT as it is now is pretty strong and Blink is already one of the best recoveries. This is coming from an endermain.

Wolf needs a ravage nerf.

We shouldn't be remaking or buffing Smash crystals because they should be removed.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  3. Blaze's only super powerful ability is Firefly; making it only launch the blaze in the direction it's facing when it's used would make it exponentially harder to use and more unbalanced than it already is (considering Inferno does a good bit of damage, but not anything as significant as an actual ability, it's pretty underpowered). Increasing the recharge time for Firefly would definitely help the spam of it, just keep in mind that a Blaze is able to be knocked out of its Firefly charge extremely easily if you have the right aim at the right time.

Enderman also already deals the most melee damage iirc, and it can spam blocks that do mad levels of damage and knockback already, so I don't think buffing it any more should be what happens.

Guardian is able to move where it looks like it is completely off its actual hitbox, thus making it extreeemely difficult to fight a good Guardian player since they know how to utilize it to your disadvantage. I agree though that it's very underused, but considering it has that hitbox bug is vanilla Minecraft and not something with Mineplex's code makes buffing it extremely dangerous considering it would still have its current capabilities. What could be done is make the Guardian disguise not change at all when the player using it changes where they're looking vertically, but this could also probably be very problematic since it'd be much, much harder to guess what the player is actually looking at (similar to Squid), and I'm not entirely sure which would be better to avoid.

Iron Golem is also an extremely good kit, and I'm not sure why exactly players avoid it. The fact that its hitbox is so large is probably the largest reason, but that ends up having very minimal effect when used effectively on other kits, especially if the Golem user has good prediction and knows how to use the abilities in succession with one-another. The kit itself is, I feel, pretty well-balanced, and risking that balance by swapping one of its abilities with one that would make its gameplay more "interesting" isn't necessarily worth taking imo.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  4. H-How dare y-you! IG is best kit! >:(

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Bossitiveplays likes this.
  5. All wrong my balance ideas are much more realistic

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  6. Ok what are they?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019
  7. Check mine

Posted Nov 17, 2019

8. Blaze- yeah, a pretty brainless kit but how firefly functions isn't really what makes it problematic, it's the short cooldown (and the fact the cd starts after the move is used) that makes it extremely spammable. Hopefully either the cd is increased or it starts after the move ends when the update that never comes will arrive.

Squid- squid is an alright kit, it got its strengths but compared to the other kits that exist in the game it's fairly weak even. Yes super squid is really good and one of the best recoveries in the game, but it's squid's only good ability, shotgun is inconsistent and flurry is unreliable. So overall, I don't see a use in nerfing it.

Cow- cow already has one of the highest armor stats in the game so I wouldn't buff its survivability. As for cooldowns, yeah they're long but the moves have a very high damage potential so I wouldn't buff them by a lot.

Snow golem- I actually quite like the idea of a dome that spawns around a kit to block projectiles for a short amount of time (though I'd probably make the time it's active shorter) it could fit snowman as it struggles to deal with projectiles a lot of times (depending on the kit) as it lacks a proper approach option. Another popular suggestion was giving it a solid approach option which seems to work, so while I like the concept for the ability I'm not sure it's the best option to fix the kit; maybe could work for a different kit though.
    I'm probably not going to comment on smash crystal change ideas as I'm not too interested in their balance and would rather they'd be removed.

Enderman- An extremely strong kit already, blink is a very good recovery and goes quite far, block toss is one of (if not the) best projectiles in the game, and couple that with good stats in almost every category- no buff plz.

Guardian- pretty strong kit, target laser allows it to gain good melee stats and thorns help it become decently bulky already.

IG- pretty good kit scoring the best melee stats in the game, yeah it has a huge hitbox but hook helps it deal with that. I feel its abilities are rewarding enough already, dealing high amounts of damage if you pull off hook combos. I disagree with the fact it's boring but that's purely subjective, I guess it's just not the kit for you.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  9. I used to be a fan of changing snowman but I honestly think it's fine now.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  10. Is there any reason you don’t want to nerf Chicken? I’m just curious because Chicken is often see as one of the really bad characters.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  11. If it's really bad why would you want to nerf it?

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  12. My bad, I meant buff haha.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
  13. So wait you want to keep Wolf OP?

You don't mind Blaze keeping Firefly the way it is? Have you even fought against Firefly spammers?

Wolf needs a hard nerf. It's like fighting a illu sb combo attack Assassin in Champions. As for blazes, 90% of the time they spam firefly to attack you; and just to really annoy you they only attack you during their firefly, run away or jump off the map till their firefly recharges which is SUPER annoying.

Posted Dec 1, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  14. We need buff snowman, but we shouldn't add globes.
    Snowman have no damage ability, blizzard has very small damage.

Posted Dec 8, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 8, 2019
  15. If a wolf who has any idea what they're doing hits you with a cub tackle your life is over, more or less exclusively thanks to ravage.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    Bossitiveplays and Mitchy like this.
  16. Uh what about creeper kit... that may need a nerf xD

Posted Dec 8, 2019