• 470 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8908 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Poll Notifications

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by _Prof_, Oct 5, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. In the ideas hub, polls are often used as a more convenient method to see if people are for or against the idea. There should be notification system that tells user when someone voted for the poll in a watched thread. It will work exactly the same as replies to watched threads but the username will be anonymous. There will also be an option in alert preferences for users to toggle it on or off.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    Xukuri and Animalll like this.
  2. Heyo!

Personally, I don't see an issue with this idea. It seems like a nice small little update, so I'd be fine if this were to be added. It would be nice to see notifications for polls, as this wouldn't be much harm. I know that some players vote on the polls but don't respond, so it'd be nice to see their actual vote.

It could be toggled at the bottom of a posting where all the extra settings are and polls. This would make it so you could toggle it, as some polls get a lot of unnecessary votes.

Overall, this is a good idea to me. I'll leave it at a +1. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. Hey there!
    The idea hub is definitely a very popular destination for many players hoping to indulge in forum activity. I think that it is probably one of the most active section on the forums as well! Adding some sort of poll notification for members who do decide to watch the thread may be helpful to some people. I think, however, it should be limited to only the OP of the thread just so that there isn't too much spam from one particular thread.

This will definitely come in handy for OPs, as opposed to repliers, because the information overall will help the OP understand where their thread is going. The toggle option may be a good feature and I think it would help resolve the overload of notifications but otherwise, this seems pretty reasonable.

I think this is a very minor QoL change that would help create a more interactive scene between an OP and their thread. This is a pretty creative idea and I think it would work well with the current layout of thread polls. Good idea, keep it up! [​IMG]

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_, Animalll and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  4. Hey!

I do like this idea, because when I first saw this thread I was going to say "If it's not toggleable then that could cause an issue" or something like that but being that it would be toggleable removes the only con I could see to this idea, I also do think it will be nice as then the OP will be able to see the results than having to go back to the thread to view the poll. I don't see too many issues or any at all, for me, I'm going to give this a +1

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. Hey!

I like this idea a lot, I myself don’t really use polls when suggesting ideas, but I know they are extremely popular among the community. I’d definitely like to see this implemented, and considering there are no real cons to the implementation of this, it’s a +1 from me. Thanks for being the one to suggest this idea! :)

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Hey!

Personally, I don't mind if this were to be implemented. I rarely make polls, but if I do it would be cool to keep up to date with it without going into the thread and checking every now and then. As this would hopefully be implemented in Alert Preferences, I don't see a problem with implementing this. +1

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. I think it’s a good idea. +1

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. Heyo!
    I think this is a great idea and I don't really see a problem with this idea either! Implementing this would make the fourms possibly easier to navigate with poll notifications. This would make it so members could find polls easily and get notified when players are actually voting on their specific polls. This would work well, in my opinion! Hopefully, one day this will be implemented into Mineplex to help people who do fourms a lot out!

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. Hey there,

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to something like this. I like getting notifications for when someone posts in a group, likes one of my posts, or comments on my profile, so I don't see the harm in getting notifications for when someone votes on a poll on a watched thread. I also agree that users should be able to toggle it on and off so (should it get implemented) that it doesn't get too spammy for their liking and keeping usernames anonymous. All in all, it's an interesting idea and I wouldn't be surprised if it were added at some point.

Regards,
    Harry

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.