• 2845 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13071 Players Online
  • 10226 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Poll: Does Blaze kit need a buff or a nerf?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Gage13H, Oct 24, 2018.

?

Buff, nerf, or neither

1. Blaze needs a buff

15.4%
  2. Blaze needs a nerf

69.2%
  3. Blaze is balanced as is

15.4%
  1. Buff, nerf, or neither?

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  2. I would say as of right now, Firefly would definitely need a nerf. It's one of the best recoveries as it has a very short start-up time, invincibility, and a 5 second cooldown (cooldown starts when firefly is setting up, not when firefly is over.) Although I do think it needs a buff in another area. Blaze really isn't that good right now, it's just annoying to fight.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
    Cabob likes this.
  3. Cooldown between Firefly needs to be increased so people don't camp in the void.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  4. Hello there!
    Why do you think Blaze kit needs a buff? If you could give me some points I would be pleased!
    Also, I'll be marking @Vocaloiid because, she is the best, and could see if this would be a great idea!

Have a nice day,
    Killer_2020

Posted Oct 24, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  5. I agree that Firefly needs a longer cool down, but I also think blaze needs a buff due to its lack of inferno damage, which is its main offensive weapon. firefly is also very vulnerable when charging as well.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 24, 2018
  6. @Cabob what were the changes for blaze SSMGI decided on?

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  7. We haven't decided on the exact changes yet but we plan on adding a new passive or a third move that will make blaze more viable. Firefly will receive a nerf to make it less obnoxious. As previously stated, blaze isn't actually that good right now, it's just annoying. If you want to see some blaze suggestions or make some yourself I suggest you join the SSM GI discord.
    :happyt3:

Posted Oct 24, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  8. I’m a huge fan of the blaze kit, certainly my most used kit. I may have a biased opinion, but I think the kit is fine how it is. I don’t find it to be overpowered or too weak.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  9. As said above, blaze is currently in need of a few changes, though not necessarily a buff or a nerf. The current proposed change is a new passive, which would essentially buff blaze when it is below half health, whilst also allowing for it to deal a bit more damage with projectiles when above half health. However, I believe firefly needs a longer cooldown, and possibly a longer startup time - with the introduction of the passive, it should become more balanced and less of an annoyance.

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  10. I'd say, longer cooldown, startup time and remove the invincibility. Horse has Bone Rush, which doesn't have invincibility, and Squid with Super Squid does. The difference between the two is that Bone Rush deals damage and Super Squid doesn't. Blaze's Firefly also deals damage, and even more than Bone Rush. Therefore I think the invincibility should be removed. Together with the shorter end cooldown, good damage and knockback, you've got yourself a way too solid move. Nerfs are required.
    --- Post updated ---
    aaaand how do I get in there?

Posted Oct 27, 2018
  11. The fire move is lethal to low armor kits although there aren't many skilled blazes so its typically easy to handle.

Posted Oct 27, 2018
  12. I just want a longer cooldown to Firefly as it literally is so easy to camp with if you want to, fortunately it's been a while since I saw someone do that.

Posted Nov 11, 2018
  13. All i think blaze needs, is to fix it's retarted hitbox on firefly. While i agree firefly needs to have more cool down time, i think its hotbox is the WORST. You can literally get fireflies in the face and not let it actually hit you. Just a tone of particles floating in your face. But let's say that blaze is attacking the dude who's standing in the middle of the blaze's firefly and you're standing about 4 feet away from the dude being attacked. FUNNY THING IS, you're gonna get hit instead of the dude the blaze actually wants to hit. it's a lose lose for everyone.

Posted Nov 11, 2018
  14. as a blaze user who sucks at ssm .... it needs a buff :D

Posted Nov 12, 2018
  15. what really needs to change is the amount of particles generated by the smash, as it lags you like crazy (even with minimal particles setting it lags the hell outta me and my friends, even when we use alienware)

Posted Nov 13, 2018