• 3287 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11725 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Poll: Do you use the vanilla client or do you use a modded client? (if you do use modded, specify)

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Epicsaurus, Aug 11, 2019.

?

Yey or ney

1. Yey

55.6%
  2. Ney

44.4%
  1. Hey!
    Over the years, I've mainly played on Minecraft using the Optifine Mod. My current favorite layout is 1.8.9 using Optfine. In the past I've also used the Laby Mod client, however I'm still pretty new at this - and it does make my game lag some, so I don't use this as often. Overall, interesting poll, I can't wait to see the results!

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  2. Modded, two words, LabyMod 1.8.9

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  3. I use either badlion client or labymod. I just love having the 1.7 animations, toggle sprint, having coords on screen without pressing f3 which blocks half the screen, potion effects, etc.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  4. In the past I used to play with Optifine but now I use only vanilla 1.8.9

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  5. I use badlion, imo it's the best all around

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  6. Yep, always have and always will

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  7. I’ve tried a lot of different clients over the years, ranging from large scale projects like BLC and Hyperium to old clients like the Pixel Client (shoutout if you remember THAT oldie), but nothing has ever beaten good old Forge for me. I can customize it using whatever mods I want to, so here are the ones I currently use!

Optifine (obviously LOL)
    PlexMod
    Orange’s SimpleMods
    Oranges 1.7 Animations
    Orange’s Vanilla Enhancements

As you can probably tell, I’m quite the Orange Marshall fan...

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    bestjoedavena likes this.
  8. I like to use Badlion 1.8.9 cause you get 1.7 hit blocking!

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    bestjoedavena likes this.
  9. I don't use a client because normal 1.8.9 is pretty good.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  10. Hey Epicsaurus,

Back in the day, I used to use the vanilla Minecraft client since I was not very knowledgeable on modded clients such as OptiFine. Nowadays, and since I have come back to Minecraft, I decided even with a 1060 GTX I wanted more FPS than I already have. With optifine I now get around 900-1100 FPS, and I also use LabyMod for convenience purposes.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  11. I use Liquidbounce :sigils:

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  12. Very interesting...

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  13. Hey!

So I've been using Badlion Client for quite some time now. It really does improve my fps and has all of the mods I need in one place. It has plenty of awesome unique features, and just overall improves my gaming experience. I honestly don't think I could go back to using vanilla or even Labymod after trying Badlion Client. So if you haven't already, I definitely suggest checking it out!

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  14. I've been using vanilla for the first two or so years playing Minecraft as my old computer could not handle anything else. I've been playing a total of four years now and after finally being able to use something else, I used forge for a full year. After that, I switched over to Mineplex the next year starting to use LabyMod and after that, I've been rotating between LabyMod and Badlion as it is an allowed mod now. I sort of feel bad for the old me for not being able to use Badlion, Laby, or forge and I'm definitely thankful for that.

-Enigma

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  15. ToonBasic EXPOSED

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  16. I use 1.8.9 forge labymod with extra mods/addons. It's quite nice but I'm thinking of just making my own mod pack for 1.8, basing it off of the addons that come with laby.
    I've also tried BLC but Laby feels much smoother. When I play 1.9+ I use 5zig, though.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  17. I use 1.8.9 Badlion client. It's quite nice and It's great to be able to play around with the mods that the includes and make your Interface to your liking. There are so many great features, Improved FPS is a big one. I went from 100 on laby mod to around 170-180 average. It feels a lot smoother and faster than labymod or 5zig.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  18. LabyMod 1.8.9 is by far my favorite. I love all of the extras it has and being able to put StaffRequest /a and other communities in a second chat reducing spam is an absolute must have for me since I started using it.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  19. I use optifine for 1.8 because it reduces lag and in turn, makes my experience better. On the other hand, I think modded clients would cause more lag then vanilla with optifine. Tell me if that is wrong or not, but that is just a guess I would make.

Posted Aug 17, 2019