• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6073 Players Online
  • 3183 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Plz Stop Hunter Bow Spam

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by TLH_Danny, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Ok where do i start? HUNTER BOW SPAM IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING INSIDE BLOCK HUNT! You don't know how many times i get -snip- because of Hunter bow spam. MinePlex plz add a cool down to hunters bow for an example they can shoot 1 shot every 3 seconds. Now with Hiders bow spam is reasonable because once i get that hyper axe i am good and i try to get it early game. Also Hiders have no Armor while Hunters do so at least do something like 4 shots for Hider than like 5 to 10 second cool down. You don't know how many people abuse this power and I believe both parties should have fun EQUALLY not just for one party which is the hunters side. I Also believe that Hiders should be able to get away with being bow spammed to death. Now you may say " well the whole point of the game is for the hunters to kill all the hiders" which i agree on, but 1. We are given the option to kill them and 2. yes the hunters have to find the hiders but also they have to tag them which is death. Hiders can't do anything when hunters are right in front of the hider's faces bow spamming. Please consider adding a cool down on the hunter's bows so both parties can have an equal amount of fun

Posted Jul 28, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jul 30, 2020
    allegient. likes this.
  2. Hi TLH_Danny!

As a Block Hunt player, I understand what you mean by this. One second, you're doing great in the game, and the next, you're dead because a bow spammer shot and killed you. As frustrating as this is as times, I do feel like it's an essential part of the game. As a hider, one of the goals is to upgrade your ax to hyper as quickly as possible. With a cool down in place, it'll make it a lot more frustrating to hiders when trying to upgrade their ax. Because hiders have no armor compared to hunters, using arrows to hit hunters can help them get away faster. You can also try using the instant hider kit. Instant hider kit allows you to have three smoke bombs which, when activated, blind nearby hunters and give you the ability of invisibly for a few seconds. You can easily escape the bow spam of hunters if you use it. (You get one extra smoke bomb for every hunter kill you get ).

As a hunter, I feel like it's also important not to have an arrow cool down because there are 5x the amount of hiders than hunters at the start of the game. With that many more hiders than hunters, it makes it hard to kill them all. Using arrows to kill hiders makes it a lot easier to do so. Hunters (and hiders) can have the advantage of shooting their target from across the map. With a cool down, this can be very frustrating to hunters trying to get that hider kill. For example, if a hunter sees a hider running away, and their only option is to use their bow and arrow, they need to be able to shoot as many arrows as possible, so they're more than likely to hit the hider. If there were a cool down, the hunter shooting would not be able to shoot for a few seconds, allowing the hider to get away unharmed.

Overall, I like this idea, but I don't think it'll be a good fit for Block Hunt at this moment. I know of many people who also have this same problem with the game, but unfortunately don't think it's necessary. I'll give this idea -0.5. Again, I do like the creativity in this idea, and I know some people will probably agree with you on this one. Thanks for sharing!

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  3. Yeah. also hunters shouldn't respawn and should have no armor. their hitbox should be the size of an enderdragon too. then it will be fair.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  4. I practically only play BH as Hunter, and I see the opposite happen a lot. The only time I resort to bow spamming is when a bunch of chickens start bow spamming me from the high ground. In my experiences, hider bow spam is more common than Hunter bow spam. If you're going to bow spam a hunter, you better expect them to bow spam right back. You're just asking for it at that point. I don't believe there should be a nerf to hunters' bows because the point of the game is to hide. If you're going to camp in an obvious tree or on top of a building, you're not really hiding, so you can't get mad if someone starts to bow spam you. Bow spamming is way less common when the hider is on ground level. Also, a lot of bow spamming occurs because it's easier to shoot someone in a tree than to waste time getting up there to kill them. Remember, in the end, the snake ALWAYS gets the mouse. You can't complain about bow spamming because that means you were found, and are no longer hiding. It shouldn't easy for a hider to kill a hunter.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  5. If this is Implemented, the game will end up unbalanced. I understand Hiders don’t have any armor, but removing the freedom of bow spamming from Hunters, and only leaving the Hunters with their main weapon, and their ability, at the ready at all times, while the bow is on a cooldown. On the other side, Hiders have the ability to bowspam the Hunters, and they can acquire Hyper Axe by doing so, and therefore countering the Hunters, even more. Block Hunt is already a bit unbalanced, and Hiders still have a bit of the upper-hand left. I am currently against this proposal until further notice.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    Defactorial likes this.
  6. Just learn how to dodge. I also killed you melee easily, might not be the bowspam that’s the issue o_o

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  7. Not funny didn't laugh.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  8. I did say that hiders can have a cool down aswell but many of hunters take advantage of the bow spam, and some may say "the point of the game is to hide" you are give the option to attack and thats how hiders mainly get daily wins is by getting kills as a hider and winning the game

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2020
  9. I never specifically said you bow spammed if that is what you are referring to

OP OP
  10. Hey, I'm sorry to hear you had this experience, however I disagree with the points made above. Adding cooldowns to both bows would just make games longer than they need to be, and delay the inevitable.. Doing this for hiders is particularly impractical as the whole narrative of the Hider kit is that for every shot you land on a hunter, you move a step closer to upgrading your axe to Hyper Axe - which as a Hider is essential if you want to "hunt" the Hunters. Whilst I haven't counted how many shots it takes to reach Hyper Axe, if I had to guess it'd be something between 12-20 shots, which means bow spam is necessary on a Hider's end, meaning a bow usage cooldown would be completely impractical. The second a Hider lands a shot on a Hunter, their attention will be drawn to that Hider, which means that with a wooden axe there's probably not much the Hider can do.

Since it's impractical for Hiders, I'd argue the same applies for Hunters as if a change was made to just one kit, then the game would be completely unbalanced (as said above). A bow can often be useful for a Hunter, and adding a cooldown would make it particularly hard for them to kill a Hunter, for instance if a Hunter was on the ground and saw a Hider hiding on a rooftop or tree - where using a bow is the only possible outcome. Of course they could make their way up by using Leaper kit or just from parkour, but it's likely the Hider would have noticed the Hunter making their way towards them and already be gone. Hence limiting the usage of bows is just impractical. My best advice is to just level your axe up to Hyper Axe as quickly as possible from bow spamming a Hunter, use chicken kit (or flower pot, although personally I prefer chicken, I guess that's a personal choice) and just melee any Hunters that come near you. You also have speed if you right click your axe, which combined with a small hitbox, can make it difficult for a Hunter to hit you - taking them by melee is the best way to combat being bow spammed in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Posted Jul 29, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2020
  11. In all respect you can't say you like this idea and give it a negative you can be honest, but i was suggesting to do something about the hunter bow spam from my title doesn't have to exactly be the cool down for 3 seconds. But I am also confused because you are defending against hider and hunter bow spam. But back to an Idea it doesn't exactly have to be a cool down they can probably set a range on where you can shoot and where not to if the hider is to close. Although this may lead to exploiting the game meaning that hunters can just charge their bow and see if they can't shoot it, and if they couldn't they would know a hider would be by them. I just thought of a cool down at the time.

OP OP
  12. I agree that hiders should be able to bow spam but then again if i say that hunters will say thats not fair. But another idea is after you get the hyperaxe the bow can disappear so hunters won't feel like they will be bowspammed the whole time.

OP OP
  13. I see why you're saying that, but bows are an essential part of the game. Don't forget hiders drop in health faster than hunters, and in some situations a hider not having a bow can change the outcome of the game - for example shooting a hunter off a building to stop them from getting to you.. hence the hunter should be able to use a bow regardless of their axe in my opinion. Thanks for suggesting this but I think BH works fine as it is atm - this change would just ruin the game.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  14. True, you are given the ability to attack. However, you're called "Hiders" for a reason. The point of the game is to HIDE, not spend the whole game killing hunters. The risk you take while killing hunters or camping in an obvious spot is the risk of being bowspammed. Once again, it's not supposed to be easy for a hider to kill 10 hunters in a single game without dying once. It's supposed to be hard, and a hunter's bow is designed to make it hard.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  15. To be Honest, people may agree and disagree. But I believe a trial of one of my Ideas can be done.

That being: cool downs, allowed to shoot only a few and more blocks away from the hider or/ and hunter, or/and taking away the bow from hiders once they get the hyperaxe so hunters won't feel like they are getting bow spammed.

Either way people have different arguments. Some say hunter bow spam should stay, some say it should go, some say hider bow spam is unfair if hunters can't do it back, some say its fair because hunters have armor and hiders don't. The point is I say there should be trials on some of my ideas. I would love for admin to consider it.

OP OP
  16. Im still gonna argue that you are able to attack them but the reason why is so you can get daily wins as a hider. And not think of the concept of it being hard for a second lets think about how unbalanced the fun for the hiders side while hunters can bow spam. And i see hiders attacking hunters all the time but sometimes they die by bow spam. Now if they don't die they get put on the pedestal and they got 1 daily win.

OP OP
  17. I do have the range Idea though where you can't shoot them if they are too close but if they are a certain distance to where they can't get spammed then you will be able to shoot this can go for the hunters side or both. My main concern is just bow spam its self not taking it out. And i feel like setting a range i the best option. You can still shoot someone from across the map you just can't shoot them in bow spam range. I would like the hunters to get out and actually use what they have but sometimes they just stick to the bow and spam it

OP OP
  18. Hey, I do appreciate that you do want the staff team to trial your idea.. but they simply don't have the resources or time to trial every idea that pops up. However, in order for your idea to gain more attention from the Ideas Team (who are specifically designed to consider ideas such as yours), I would suggest posting this instead in the Game Alterations section of the forum, which can be found here: https://www.mineplex.com/forums/game-alterations.40/

I would also suggest reading this thread before posting the idea there, to gain some more insight into how you can describe your idea in the best way for the team to understand it: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/idea-discussion-hub-information.2387/

Best of luck with submitting the idea if you choose to do it - and it could be useful to link this thread there too so that the team can see more feedback on the idea.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  19. What do you think of my range idea?

OP OP
  20. Personally I like BH the way it is and don't see any problems with it, but don't let that stop you from submitting it as an idea - it's probably best to post it there to gain some feedback from those more experienced than me though.

Posted Jul 29, 2020