• 3825 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11273 Players Online
  • 7448 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Please separate players.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jailbroken Tesla, Jan 25, 2020.

1. You see it in a lot of games, one example being rocket league: Separate modes for different kinds of players; casual and competitive. Being a fairly new player, I'm quiet frustrated being stuck in games with tryharding level 100's that never PvP without spamming frosting. I'm a chill player, I come to have fun. But when I'm just spammed with snowballs and can't even hit back, it makes me upset. (frosting kit is way unfair to those that don't have it, but that's another thread I should make, like yeah, it's an achievement kit, but come on, it's stupid OP). Anyways, why does mineplex not have a casual and competitive separation? I'm requesting this for mainly Cake Wars, but hopefully it might be added for other games like Survival Games and The Bridges. Again, I'm just a new, casual player, so it really sucks to be forced to go against these experienced players that spend all their time on the game and never go outside. It's just so frustrating and makes me mad, which is probably why I have so many mutes. So please, mineplex, separate the players. Add a casual mode for Cake Wars, and let the higher level tryhards go to a competitive mode.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    PhoenixSky likes this.
  2. Hey, I'm pretty sure this suggestion was posted before somewhere but I cant find the thread. Personally, I'll have to disagree with this, and I don't see this ever being added any time soon.

1: Separating Players
    I get your frustrations on this. Frosting can be quite annoying to deal with. I'm pretty sure Frosting is going to get a nerf soon! I would have to disagree with this though. Cake Wars has I'd say about 150+ players playing the game after school. Separating the players from Casual Players to "Tryhard" players would obviously split the playerbase. This is a huge problem, and is the reason why a lot of ideas get denied. Mineplex isn't a really big server. Due to Mineplex being not a huge server it is limited on how many gamemodes it can have. A suggestion was made awhile back where Cake Wars should add a Solo Mode. This was unfortunately denied because it would split the playerbase. Splitting the playerbase would cause a possibility of some lobbies not filling up at certain times. Splitting the playerbase by making a Casual Mode and "Tryhard Mode" would split the playerbase 4x as there is duos and standards. The outcome that I see by doing this is having empty lobbies in some of the gamemodes. I'd also mention that Cake Wars is the biggest gamemode that Mineplex has and this idea probably wouldn't work. Imagine adding this to games that don't have as many players like Skywars, SurvivalGames, or Bridges. This would just cause no games to fill up at all and leave a lot of empty lobbies.

2: The Casual and Competitive Modes
    My main question for this suggestion is: Do the "tryhards/higher levels" have to play the competitive gamemode? Are lower levels being forced to play casual? Can lower levels play competitive and higher levels play casual?
    All of these would have problems and I'll try and state them all. The main problem determining who is good and who's bad. You'd first assume high levels are really good and that means they're tryhards and should be placed in competitive. This is definitely not the case in my time of playing. Players can play on alts, or just have started playing Mineplex, but are good at PvP. There are so many factors that come to play when you're determining who's good or not. Levels are a small factor and should not be the determinator. I'd also like to mention that if "tryhards" aren't forced to play competitive, they won't. They'll play casual for easier wins and not have to try as much. I've seen parties leave when they see another party as they don't want to go against another party. If tryhards would just join casual and try and get easy wins. If tryhards are forced to play with other "tryhards" that'll just be annoying and unfair in my opinion.

If casual players have to play casual the biggest problem I see with this is... hackers. Hackers that are blatant are bound to be low levels. If you're determining who's a Tryhard and who's not as good by levels, I'd assume casual would just be overflowed by hackers, and ruin the experience for lower levels. If casual players can join competitive it's not really that big of a deal in my opinion.

3: Stats
    You didnt give a proposal how the stats would work, but I think you have to take in account of stats too. Lots of people care about stats and leaderboards. Adding this suggestion, how would stats work? Would they be the same and for every win you get (either casual or competitive). Will it get separated in /stats and have Competitive Stats on one side and Casual Stats on the other? All these questions are important. If stats were separated for wins in cake wars what category would your wins that you already have go? Would this separate the leaderboard? Would there be 2 leaderboards? This suggestion would honestly just make stats confusing. If this were added to other games as well, it'd just make everything confusing. I'd also like to mention that I assume this casual and competitive gamemode is for PvP games only, or is this for every game. Like I said before, a lot of games barely fill up at times and this suggestion would just lead to no games being filled up.

Overall, this suggestion isn't the best for mineplex or the community for the reasons I stated above. If you're getting muted for getting mad at "tryhards" that's your own fault. The best way to deal with players that beat you or play annoying is just accept it, and not get toxic about it. Getting toxic about you losing will just make you look immature and the outcome as you have stated, getting muted. I don't mean to be rude when I say that, just trying to give some tips :)

I'll have to give this idea a -1 for the reasons I stated above.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  3. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I can understand how annoying it can be to experience this as a new player. However, the main issue that I see arising from this is the fact that it's going to split the community in half. Currently, as of the time in writing this thread, there are 6 ongoing games of Cakewars. Imagine if we split this in half where it'll be 3 games full of experienced players and the other 3 filled with newer players. It'll take even longer to find a game of Cake Wars. At this moment of time, I don't think this idea would be useful at all. In the future, if we get a higher amount of players that are online, then I'm not opposed to the idea, but right now, it'll be a -1 from me due to this issue.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    CZArkolan and Jailbroken Tesla like this.
  4. Hey,

I have to agree with what @THELichCA said, the player base, unfortunately, is limited. Which is why this would have a bad knock-on effect on the search times for games. I think this concept can be seen on other servers and I agree, it is a good idea, but we would require a higher player count for it to be utilised. I know other servers refer to the two-game modes as 'Ranked' and 'Casual' which can also be seen on games such as Rainbow6! So it definitely is loved by players on various games (having a fun/casual and a competitive option) so I love the idea.
    Sadly, due to the player count issue, it is a -1 for now.

- Tripsy

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    CZArkolan and Jailbroken Tesla like this.
  5. Hi there!

Like Tripsy and Lich said, this idea simply won't work because of the player count this would make the games start way slower, this might also encourage people to stop playing as they would just go against the lowering people, if this was added like a system where it would be like ''Casual CW4'' and ''Comp CW4'' I can see the more experienced players just joining the Casual mode and abusing it to boost there stats which wouldn't make the game any better, simply because of the issue they stated and the issue I stated I'm giving this idea a -1. Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Jailbroken Tesla likes this.
  6. I have to disagree with this. It's true that it can be annoying to encounter a lot of level 100 in a row but splitting the playerbase is something that works in games with thousands of players in a single gamemode. Since mineplex has a lot of different gamemodes and a playerbase of around 1500 it would make it difficult to find enough players for a game. -1

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  7. If Mineplex had more players then I would be down to have this implemented in the server. I could see how a newer player might be discouraged to play on Mineplex when most of the lobbies are filled up with sweats that have been playing for years.

Of course, there are going to be some sweats who are going to play Casual for getting wins, but I don't think that's in any way abusing it. There are a great many people who play Cake Wars competitively, and many would most likely use this system if it was implemented to get better since a lot of them have reached their peak in normal lobbies.

The only problem I see with this idea is that Mineplex simply doesn't have the player base to back it up.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  8. I understand your frustration and get where you're coming, it can be slightly irritating to be matched with high skilled players when you prefer to take a more casual approach to a game, and I'm a big fan of having a ranked and casual playlist. Unfortunately, as many other people have mentioned, I don't believe Mineplex possesses the player base to implement this at the current time. Due to the divide in players that this would cause, games would take a considerably longer time to begin, and, depending on the time of day, may not start at all.

That's the only downside I can personally see with implementing this, and if we received a big enough rise in players to make this practical, I would be in support of it. For now, I'll give this idea a -1 due to the aforementioned points.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  9. Stats / level don't always mean the player is a good or a tryhard. I have met people with a high level/stats but are not even good for their level. Even if this idea gets accepted, it will be avoided easily. There are many high-rank players who use alts or different accounts. People will be able to join on alts or other accounts to play with more "bad" players and dominate there. I know other online gamemodes or other games where people do the same concept, where they create new accounts to dominate more bad players for fun.

-1(000)

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  10. We do not have enogh players on Mineplex for this

All I can suggest for new players is to create theiy own inner circle and influence them

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  11. Thank you for the feed back, I didn't realize the player count was so small. I will just continue with trying to enjoy the games casually, hopefully I don't run into too many tryhard players. I'm just getting discouraged to continue playing because of these sweats that take the game way too seriously.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2020
  12. The problem is that tihs server is already more dead than my grandmother, so this would be a very bad idea. Games would never start, and most games on Mineplex are casual.

Bad idea.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Blahh_ and Jailbroken Tesla like this.
  13. i would suggest playing minigames when they have a lot of players (60+). more players = less tryhard encounters

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  14. Games would never start, and stats don't determine if someone is a better player.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  15. As others have said Mineplex doesn't have the satisfying amount of people to just split players bases. Im sure frosting needs a nerf though it's pretty annoying and op

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  16. Hello!
    I understand your concern, and it can be frustrating trying to learn a games as a casual player while playing with very experienced players. Your idea to make casual and competitive modes sounds promising on paper, however, as others have brought up, this sort of division would not work well with the way Mineplex's games/stats are setup and the current player base. The main concern is the efficiency of queuing for games. At slower times, it can take a decent amount of time to get sent to a game, even for Cake Wars. Having this separation would only increase this issue, even if it was an even split from casual and competitive. Another problem with implementing this is how the stats would be logged and how one would select which intensity to play. It would be very hard to establish a fair system to count the stats accordingly for casual/competitive, and I can already envision one of the two modes becoming obsolete. Overall, implementing this idea would require a significant change in the fundamental way Cake Wars and the other games on Mineplex are run, and balancing between two different "difficulties" of play would be very controversial to implement, especially with the current state of Mineplex. For these reasons, I am giving this idea a -1. Thank you for bringing forth your suggestion, and have a nice day!

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  17. The current player count wouldn't support it sadly. I had a really good suggestion in mind, but then I look at the player count and keep the idea to myself. It's a good idea in my opinion but yet again, not to sound like a broken record but the player count right now just can't support the separation of competitive vs casual.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  18. If we had a bigger playerbase, this could work but it would split everyone up way too much. Think about it this way though, practice against the good pvpers will make you improve your skill over time.

Will be marking this as not planned since we won't be able to implement this at this time. Thank you for sharing your idea with us <3

Posted Feb 1, 2020
  19. correction: practice against players worse than you

Posted Feb 1, 2020