• 732 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4589 Players Online
  • 3857 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Please remove egg blaster immobilization

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Nov 26, 2020.

1. It’s really unfair especially when it’s smash is just an extended version cause you take MASSIVE damage from it, a slow is fine but immobilization is busted as heck

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  2. I think most players who care about balance would say smash crystals should be removed or reworked. But I dont think removing egg stunlock would be any good. First of all chicken is an already weak kit and relies on its eggs in order to land the slow moving missile. And second the eggs are not too hard to avoid normally, just dont jump too much against chicken since it gives them more opportunities to land eggs and missile.

Nerfing eggs would make chicken rely entirely on missile which isnt optimal since missile can explode at random times and like ive said its quite slow and easy to dodge.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  3. As a former chicken main in SSM, I think that as of right now chicken need's that immobilization in order to be a viable kit. Chicken is weak already compared to other kits, and even though you can't move you can still use abilities to attack the chicken when using Egg Blaster. For example, a zombie arrow would chunk the chicken for over half of it's health in that situation.

I agree with you that chicken needs change though. I feel as though it needs an armor buff, and if it were to get this buff then reduce the immobilization to only a slow. This would make the kit much more balanced overall.

-n2l

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  4. I do find Chicken's Egg Blaster annoying since many SSM players today are very decent and are good with this Kit, i think the same can apply to Snowman as well, all though i do agree its annoying at times they do need this for the time being, (until this game gets updated PLEASE) Chicken and Snowman are kind of weak overall without it.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  5. remove the immobilization from it smash then if nothing else, that thing just locks you in place until death

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 28, 2020
  6. I understand where you're coming from but without the eggs "stunning" the player only one or two eggs would actually come into contact. And 2 eggs will maybe do half a heart, which the player will regain within seconds. I feel like immobilization is a necessary game mechanic that allows almost all of the eggs to come into contact with the player. Without it, the player could easily just jump out of the way making the skill useless.

Even with the immobilization, hitting the eggs while using smash is hard enough. Also, when chicken is using smash it doesn't gain any type of defense increase, which means it just as easy to kill. Just fight back and you might be able to finish it off. If you can, try to get it into close combat so it cant fly away once it gets low.

Posted Nov 28, 2020
  7. endless flight is pretty defensive

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 1, 2020
  8. First of all, It's not endless flight. Sure it's much more than just one double jump, but it's definitely not endless. Secondly, it already gets the "endless flight" at the start of the game. It literally gains NO defensive options when it gets a smash. Thirdly, just get better aim and if you can't do that, chicken has so little armor that any hit that you manage to get on the chicken player will be pretty substantial. You have to know if you if a class is actually op, or you're just being salty because some guy using chicken rekt you

Posted Dec 27, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 27, 2020
  9. Chicken is a glass-cannon kit. That immobilization is essential to chaining hits, eggs, and rocket shots all together. I'd suggest perhaps a velocity decrease rather than full immobilization, but given the chicken's lack of armor it really does need it. The move is also projectile rather than hit scan, meaning it can be outrun and avoided. Most kits are faster than chicken in the first place. I wouldn't say chicken is a high-tier kit, other kits may need tweaks before considering the likes of chicken.

Posted Dec 27, 2020
    Dieble likes this.
  10. Well I can see why you think it's annoying, but I don't see a problem with how egg blaster already is. The attack is not hard to dodge and it doesn't last very long. Despite this, chicken is still a weak kit so I don't think changing it this way would be a good idea.

Posted Jan 6, 2021