• 3298 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11736 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Please nerf Blaze and Creeper

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Glitchy, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Seriously, when are we gonna nerf them? I mean I've already got a few fixes/nerfs that would make them more balanced.

for Blaze, reduce particles on final smash, you practically need a super computer to process all those particles, like what the hell is that? and maybe do something about the fire, cause being able to ignore opponent armor and having good melee damage and speed and a gap closer (firefly) is all pretty overloaded

for Creeper, reduce the knockback on sulphur bomb for higher health opponents.

as you notice Blaze is a bigger balance problem

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  2. No, don't nerf either of them. Blaze is easily counterable by turning particles to minimal and stopping their firefly. Creeper's armour is low as hell so stop spamming abilities on it and melee it's health down and then use your abilities. They haven't fixed sheeps recharged double jump, they are not going to nerf these kits. The knockback is wild but creeper's health is easily whittled down, if you spend to much time not fighting the creeper it will get full health again.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  3. Inferno sucks I'll give you that but the blaze can't melee while using it, it's better to dodge the inferno and melee them, knock the blaze off and cancel its firefly. Creeper is harder to beat, it's one of the meta, but using your weapon to fight it, not abilities, will work better then spamming it and activating its shield. I'm surprised nobody complains about Chicken or Wolf or even Magma Cube or Slime, their hitboxes are hard to hit man, I've been at this game a long time but it gets harder and harder for me to hit them, especially when melee sweat wolves are spamming ravage, or a chicken is spamming missile then running, the game gets boring.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    Worpp likes this.
  4. It is extremely hard to stop firefly if they know how to use it correctly and there is no question that firefly needs a longer cooldown.

Same thing for creeper: sulpher bomb needs a kb reduction or a longer cooldown because the kit is practically unapproachable.

Both kits, along with the busted damage with wolf are completely dominating the meta and that needs to change. It's true that a lot is determined by the player rather than the kit, but the way it is now, players using those three kits can absolutely destroy players who are as good, if not better than them using alternative classes.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    Jango_55 and Omegza like this.
  5. I have particles at minimum I still lag like hell, because it generates SO MANY

and yes I have a strong computer, I run COD, Skyrim and Doom on it (from steam)
    --- Post updated ---
    I didn't mention wolf cause people cry about me wanting it nerfed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 11, 2019
  6. I never lag due to particles there is an issue on your end or due to your latency, nerfing blaze and creeper would only make more issues than solve. More kits need to be added imo

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  7. Regarding the Blaze, I really do think Firefly needs a nerf. The wind up time is too fast, and the duration is very long and far. The only thing I could think would be to either increase the wind up time so players have a chance to react and stop it, or just increase the cooldown of the ability.

I would also agree that sulphur bomb needs a nerf. It deals too much knock-back and is easily spammable. I'd propose either a knock-back nerf, or an increase in the cool-down of the ability. I feel like a little buff in armor combined with the nerf on sulphur bomb would put the Creeper in a good place.

It's hard to focus on a small number of mobs as all of them and their smash crystals (and smash crystals in general) need to be balanced all at the same time, so that one mob isn't too strong than the other. Disregarding that though, I agree with your opinions on these mobs needing nerfs.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    crazygeek516 likes this.
  8. what about in regards to the particles on blaze smash being reduced? or at least give us the option to disable ALL particles on the server, cause minimal in minecraft's settings still shows too many with the blaze's smash

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 11, 2019
  9. i think they're balanced, i also believe it's the player who is good at the game using the kit. any kit could be very good depending on the player.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  10. no, bad player, don't defend blaze or creeper, that is heresy

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 12, 2019
  11. As I am reading over your suggestion I find a few areas that are very understandable. First, I want to talk about the Blaze Firefly ability. As this ability can be very strong (if used correctly) I don't believe it needs a nerf but maybe a longer cool-down. If this ability is used correctly then the damage can be detrimental but, then again it is something that many can counter an avoid as Firefly doesn't last for too long.

As for the Creeper, I am 100% with the idea that this kit needs a nerf. The kit itself is probably one of the best in the game and a giant factor that causes that is the idea of the "Sulphur Bomb" doing incredible knock-back with a very low cooldown.

Overall, when it comes to Blaze I do not think there should be a cool-down but, Creeper can be a different story due to many aspects that lead into the Creeper kit.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  12. Thread Moved to Game Alterations.

I'm not very good at Super Smash Mobs, which results in me not playing it very often. However, I can say that most of the times I've died, it's normally been to someone who was playing Blaze or Creeper. While it may just be a coincidence, I do agree that there are ways that we could improve the kits and balance them compared to their counterparts. For Blaze, it is very skill-based, and you'll be either quite bad if you don't know how to use him, or really good if you do know-how. An easy fix to combat this is to nerf the kits cooldown, considering the Blazes firefly ability cools down way too quickly. Not much needs to be said about the Creeper kit, it most definitely needs a nerf. It is quite literally a meta as other people have said and it's extremely difficult to try to fight.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  13. Personally, firefly does need a nerf, it's distance and cooldown time are too high, what I would like to see is increased damage on firefly, I personally think that this would make a new fun element to playing as blaze.

Regarding the creeper, the creeper has low armour, it is easy to kill, it's high damage is how it compensates for it's health. If they would balance it, more armour for either higher cool down or lower damage, then perhaps the nerf would be useful.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  14. I think blaze should have less time on fire. And the inferno charges way too fast. It’s hard enough to see in fire (I once died to water an I didn’t even see it).

For sulphur bomb, kb can be deducted if you double jump I guess.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  15. Hi, Smash Mobs GI member here!

To deal with particles, as mentioned above, you can counter it by turning particles to minimal. Optifine helps further with getting FPS boosts with the right settings. As for inferno, yes it's annoying, but it's a move I feel is overrated, as well as firefly. Inferno means the user cannot do anything but stand there and hold right click. That's a window of opportunity for free hits, and if they use firefly offensively, then they're pretty much asking to get hit off the edge. Although, I do have to agree with one op aspect of it, being the extremely short charge time, leaving almost no time to deactivate it without a crazy good prediction or luck. Other than that, blaze is an overrated kit in general and can be defeated.

As for creeper, it's one of the kits that have strong knockback due to the way Mineplex's custom PVP engine works, so blame that for making sulphur bomb, bone kick, slime rocket, etc. for having strong in. The most we can do is ask for lower base kb on sulphur anyways.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  16. Like what others said, I would reduce the particles to minimal. But if that isn't enough, you can use Optifine. It gives you the ability to completely disable certain or all particles.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  17. I feel blaze is fine the way it is. Blazes inferno is quite annoying when it hits you, but it’s relatively easy to dodge. Firefly can be weird with the timing to cancel it, so my advice is to always try to get away from the blaze when you see it charging up.

Creeper, though, needs a nerf. The short cool down and high kb of sulfur bomb makes creeper hard to melee, and allows the creeper to just run and sulfur spam, preventing people from getting close enough to fight back. Sulfur needs either a kb reduction or a cool down increase so that creepers can’t just run and sulfur spam.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  18. Hey!

To start things off, I do completely agree that Firefly either needs a cool down nerf or a damage nerf. The ability provides great damage while also being a fantastic recovery option. However, I find the inferno ability to be rather weak, but the cool down is fast as well, making up for it in my opinion. The Inferno ability is quite balanced right now as well, as it is easy to dodge like others have said on this post! Furthermore, I also agree that the Creeper kit is a bit too strong as of right now. The Sulpher Bomb ability is quite strong right now, and similar to the Blaze, I wouldn't mind the ability having a longer cooldown! All of this being said, I would love to see a balance change in the near future for the game. I feel like the meta has been pretty stale, as I would see the same kits being used over and over again. Personally, I would love to see a buff to the Snowman, Witch, and Sheep kit, as I find them pretty underwhelming the majority of the time and never used. Overall, I definitely see a valid argument in your forum post, that being said, this is a +1 for me! :)

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  19. uh the main thing is reducing particles on blazes smash, and Optifine isn't out for 1.14, also if I revert to an older version of MC to use it, whenever a smash activates, it crashes
    --- Post updated ---

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2019
  20. You can turn particles off. There have been many posts about creeper being op, but, it really isn't. I don't get why us creeper players get so much hate. Kits like zombie/skeleton can easily outrange it. Or consider the terrible armor, and you can use a good melee kit to destroy it. Just because something forces you to learn to play different does not mean it is op.

Posted Aug 13, 2019