• 739 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4384 Players Online
  • 3645 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Please make me admin so i can ban hackers

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Hexprime07, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes literally 1 in 10 players is hacking. Im not kidding if you make me a moderator i’ll clean out the server of cheaters and hackers. How many more videos do i need to post before you do something? Are you guys even watching what im posting? Staff are absent, never watch games, deny ban reports for stupid trivial reasons, and dont care that hacking is ruining pvp on the server.

Posted Nov 25, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 25, 2020
    Grant138 likes this.
  2. First, do not ask for any form of authority over forums. You must apply or be recruited. Second, mods and admins do their best to punish hackers. If you need to report someone go to mineplex.com/report . When you are in-game and see a hacker, I recommend using /report (username) (reason). Staff are trying their best, and it isn't an easy job from what I see. Lastly, please don't make multiple forums addressing the exact same topic, eventually a staff member will see it and give you feedback.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    anna ♪ and Trimorph like this.
  3. ok best admin tbh
    mineplex.com/reports put name, type of hack, evidence
    u can apply for admin at apply.mineplex.com (while staff at least)

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  4. Hi,
    Sorry you are having such problems with hackers in game. Like said above, you should read the reporting guide as you fill out your reports so that you can be sure you did it correctly. A report that was filled out incorrectly is one reason for denying it, as well as insufficient evidence. Also keep in mind that there are so many more players than moderators, so you cannot expect a moderator to be present in every game. Admin is a long way to go, but when it comes to punishing players, moderators can also kick/ban players. You can find the application here. If you decide to apply, good luck!
    -Bob

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  5. Its not that they arent in every game its that they are hardly ever in games at all. Ive personally never seen an admin in a mini game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 25, 2020
  6. Hi, I saw that you are primarily bedrock (you only have a bedrock account linked). I’m pretty sure all of the current admins are primarily java, while some of them may have bedrock accounts linked, they all play on java edition. Also, since there are only 7 of them the chance you will encounter them in a normal minigame(not event server or something similar), even on java, is pretty low.
    -Bob

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  7. GWEN update for crying out loud Alex.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  8. Hi there, I'm a Bedrock staff member and seeing as you are talking about the Bedrock side of things, I thought I would respond.

We appreciate all the reports sent to us, whether that be in DMs, the forums, or through the Discord bot and we do investigate each and every single one of them. We aren't just sitting around and doing nothing, we care about the community and want to see it thrive.

Yes, we don't process Bedrock reports without viewing the videos. If you're questioning a Bedrock report that was denied, you need to contact the person who processed your report as stated in the denial message. This way, they can clear up any questions or concerns you have, or sometimes even rectify the report. Mistakes happen sometimes, and while we definitely strive to not commit as many, it happens. We're all capable of human error.

I can tell you right now, there are probably more than 150 game servers (probably way more to be honest, I'm just talking about regular cake wars right now) that players can teleport to, and with a playerbase of usually over 10,000 concurrent players and our limited Bedrock staff team, often players will not see us. However, we do moderate the server. I'm definitely sorry to hear about your experience and we don't like those cheaters either. But in a server with that large of a playerbase, and our current staff team size. You often will not see a staff member, but make no mistake. We are active and do moderate the server. It's just that given a large pool of players, it's rare to find one. However, as mentioned above and mentioned in-game, we actively are recruiting staff members to join our staff team weekly. In fact, I believe we had a few new staff members recruited last week. If you'd like to apply and help out, you should try and submit a application.

The role of administrators are not to play games and moderate the server. It's to manage their respective teams who then help create the server you play on. Things like Quality Assurance, Staff Management, Community Management, Recruitment, etc etc. these are things administrators are responsible for managing. Unless you have internal data from Staff Management, I don't think it's a valid argument to say that we aren't in any games at all. Especially with over 10,000 current players. It might seem that way, but I can guarentee you, that is not the case.

I'm definitely sorry to hear about your experience, it's something that no staff member likes either. But, we aren't able to moderate everyone 24/7 as ideal as that would be. Although, I can tell you that our staff team has been steadily growing. If I were to compare the staff team size of when I had just got Trainee to now. It has significantly increased in size, but so has our playerbase. Especially with the addition of PS4 players with the most update. Unfortunately, while we do not have a /report command on Bedrock, I can tell you that it has been approved and will likely be seen in a future update. Hopefully, this will help you out in regards to seeing more staff activity from your viewpoint.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    Tomeroo and WowCaleb like this.
  9. Admins usually work behind the scenes in Mineplex. You aren't going to see too many in-game since they are usually busy helping the server in other ways

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  10. Thread moved to MCO/Bedrock Discussion.

@DaPBillk has helped you out a great deal in responding to your concern. To sum up what he said, it wouldn't make sense realistically to come across a staff member in every lobby when Bedrock often has player counts of over 10,000 with hundreds of game servers running at one time. You might not see the moderation team everywhere you go, but they're there - whether it's in another CakeWars game or working behind the scenes. Admins will be found doing the latter and they mainly operate over on the Java server. I believe you just used the word Admin interchangeably for Mod though so don't worry about that, just bear in mind we're always on hand to help.

You can report a hacker with evidence through mineplex.com/reports; I find that would be a better alternative to posting the video here. I'd recommend reading over the Reporting Guide while you're at it. Like Dap said, a /report feature has not yet been added on Bedrock, but it has been approved so that's another efficient method of reporting that will be released eventually. You can also report players by joining the Mineplex Discord (discord.mineplex.com) and typing !report Bedrock <player> <reason> in the #report-players channel, which will ping a Bedrock staff member for you.

Additionally remember to directly PM the RP member who denied your report if you're curious as to the reasoning behind a report denial, as they'll be more than happy to let you know. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences, but I'll now be locking this thread as you've been provided with the best course of action going forward when you encounter a hacker. Hacking is not a problem that just goes away; we all have to do our part in reducing it by reporting when we can and helping to reduce the number. We care a lot about you having a satisfactory gameplay experience on our server which is why we deal with any reports we receive quickly and swiftly.

Thread Locked | Concern Addressed

Posted Nov 25, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.