• 419 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5316 Players Online
  • 4897 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Please Don't Separate Parties

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by ScotchTxpe, Jun 11, 2020.

?

Should parties be split up, ever?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  1. Whenever a standard CakeWars lobby is 12/16 and the game begins, your party will be split apart to balance the teams. This ruins so many games for me and my friends, and I do not see the point of this when cross teaming is allowed. I think that parties in team games should never be split up no matter how small the lobby is.

Posted Jun 11, 2020
    H2d5 likes this.
  2. Well uson the bedrock face going to green team to join a team.

Posted Jun 11, 2020
  3. It's already difficult to win a game in CW4 if you're not in a party. If you look at it from the perspective of the players outside the party, this should make a bit more sense. We could imagine what this would look like if it were implemented -

If you're queuing solo and hoping to be placed on a team, only for the game to start with 11 players - one party of 4, then a team of 3, a team of 2 and another team of 2. If you were on one of those teams of 2 placed with a random teammate, going against a party of four that is likely in a voice call, your chances of winning are going to be super low.

The reason teams are separated is to maintain some aspect of team balancing, so the teams are as even as possible. I understand wanting to play with your friends, but forcing parties to stick together is much more unfair to the players that are not in a party of four. I'm going to give this a -1 unfortunately

Posted Jun 11, 2020
  4. This is a bad idea. People are going to leave if they can’t play with their friends. If Mineplex indeed goes through with this, we are going to see a spike in cross-teaming, team trolling, and stat boosting. I don’t like this at all. I can already tell people are going to leave if this happens. The fact this is even being considered is concerning.

+1 To this thread and If Mineplex does something to parties. I really don’t see why this would be a positive.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
    Emuky, H2d5, Young_Inventor and 2 others like this.
  5. I think there should be a better solution to this than to just separate friends from playing with each other. Also, whenever my party is split up, we just leave the game, which messes up the teams either way. There should be a system for this in my opinion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2020
    H2d5, AbleToStrafe and Red_Naxela like this.
  6. It is already pretty hard to win against a full party of people with the same skill as you or better 4x. Maybe you don't see how that's bad because you never played alone against parties but it's an issue. People getting lvl 100 op parties and just winning games in 2m is already bad itself. I understand the frustration of not being able to play with your friends but again please acknowledge the problem. It is impossible to beat those parties solo and you basically cannot play the game. So yes, balance needs to be there.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  7. I don't see people thinking about why this was added in the first place. Im pretty sure a game shouldn't be based of one party each game destroying the other people. That makes people quit anyway.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  8. A solution I thought of was to only start the game when it is full. Sure this may take longer, but it will ensure that it is always a 4v4v4v4 and that friends can play together.

OP OP
  9. People usually leave if they are going to leave after the game starts so this probably wouldn't work either..

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  10. I'm seeing the argument of "think of the solo queue," but to me it's kind of insane to be joining a squads game solo and expecting to get a fair game in the first place when it's significantly more difficult to communicate, especially when some people might not know how to team chat or just don't read chat.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
    H2d5 and ScotchTxpe like this.
  11. You can never control whether people leave or not, it's their decision. However, my solution would control the balance of players as best as possible. (and let friends play together)

OP OP
    H2d5 likes this.
  12. Some people can't find parties either because of their level or because the tryhardy parties are just not accepting at all. The CW population would drop down a lot if people didn't enter solo games with the hope of at least not queing against a full squad (party).

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  13. You said it yourself. You can never control whether people leave or not, it's their decision which is why this would no work.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  14. If people did not want to queue against a full 4 player party, they can just play duos. People don't just play solo queue hoping to not play in a full game, that doesn't make any sense.

OP OP
    H2d5 likes this.
  15. Duos is hard to queue most of the time though easier.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  16. So you're telling me the entire CW population is riding on people who try to queue solo squads in a 4 player competitive game where there is nearly always going to be a cooperating party in the lobby? I want to think of the solo queue but cw is still inherently a team game and it's hard to think of it as a game where you play with other solos, mainly due to that communication issue I mentioned in my post.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  17. Unfortunately, because people can't find parties they often have to go solo. There are several cases where this happens. One game is going to have one party and the rest non parties who queued to play with others but their teammates leave.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  18. I have an idea to fix this. So since teams already can be made with one less person if not enough people join, make it so that if there's one party of 4, the game starts at 13 players and ensures it's a 4v3v3v3. Now I know what someone is gonna say. "Oh that makes it unbalanced, everyone else is at a disadvantage". Well if there are 2 parties of 4 then raise it to 14, 3 parties of 4 gets raised to 15 and 4 parties of 4 gets raised to the already maximum 16. This makes it so that the parties will always have their team and that the rest of the teams have the most amount of players possible. To put it in to perspective (assuming each party has 4 in them):
    - 0 parties > 3v3v3v3
    - 1 party > 4v3v3v3
    - 2 parties > 4v4v3v3
    - 3 parties > 4v4v4v3
    - 4 parties > 4v4v4v4

As for duos, the game starts at 8 minimum players to allow each island to be filled. For parties:
    - 0 parties > 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1
    - 1 party > 2v1v1v1v1v1v1v1
    - 2 parties > 2v2v1v1v1v1v1v1
    - 3 parties > 2v2v2v1v1v1v1v1
    - 4 parties > 2v2v2v2v1v1v1v1
    - 5 parties > 2v2v2v2v2v1v1v1
    - 6 parties > 2v2v2v2v2v2v1v1
    - 7 parties > 2v2v2v2v2v2v2v1
    - 8 parties > 2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2

I think this could be an acceptable change that may allow parties to be together but also allows the teams to be as equal as possible. Not only that but it's also the minimum for lobbies. The likelihood of some other people joining is still pretty high and the chance for the game to become more balanced for those who wouldn't have a team normally is pretty high. I don't know, this is just something I quickly came up with.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
    ScotchTxpe, Sanae and Red_Naxela like this.
  19. Hiii

I am going to have to disagree with this, when there is a game of 13, if it is a 4v3v3v3, the party is unstoppable, this paired with the fact that so many people leave games just after they start, the party basically gets a free win. I know it is frustrating and I experience this myself but it is usually for just one game since cake wars fills up quite quick.

Parties ruin the game as it is and I am guilty of playing in parties but it puts you at such an advantage since you have better communications within a party, you can designate roles and have an efficient game but you have to look at it from the perspective of other players, if a team of 4 is guaranteed even without a full game, it just will ruin the game for them.

Due to the latter reasons, I -1 this idea.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  20. You know what’s funny right? Mineplex has always said and probably will keep saying it. “Cakewars is a TEAM game” if your solo queing in 4v4v4v4 mode it isn’t going to go well for you. Im sorry but it just isn’t fair to punish good teamwork. Thats the whole point of cakewars. Mineplex wants you to play with your friends, and taking that away from people is going to ruin the good teamwork and good communication. Now I will admit that games are harder when you play against good players. That’s why you need to get better yourself and improve your game. Once again my opinion stands against punishing players and their friends because they have good teamwork and communication skills in a “TEAM GAME”. If you really can’t see the problem here, Im sorry but if Mineplex does this I can guarantee people will be mad.

Posted Jun 12, 2020