• 308 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5023 Players Online
  • 4715 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Please Bring Back Right Click- First Person Spectating

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by xxiStezzy, Jan 14, 2021.

?

Should they bring it back?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, but in second box

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I'm writing this thread for Mineplex Admins to bring back Right Click - First person spectating. First off, I'm aware it's for Immortal's only, but I feel it should be accessible by everyone. To be real with you, nobody wants to just fly around the person they want to spectate. That's just so boring and overall no one wants to do that. If they brought back the plugin, it'd be more fun, and it'd be more entertaining! One of the reasons why I don't play this server as much as I used to is because when I die, and want to spectate somebody, I just get bored half the time and just leave the server. The fact that it takes effort to spectate somebody is just so obnoxious. If the server that starts with H (have to say that cuz I don't want this to get deleted for advertising) can have this plugin, there's no reason why Mineplex can't.

If any Admins/Mods/Trainees read this, please bring back this plugin :)

Posted Jan 14, 2021
    Fusafez and Mubio like this.
  2. This is suited more toward the General Idea Discussion subforum.

Honestly, I don't see how this is a problem at all. Why do you want to spend the entire game first person spectating somebody instead of...playing the game yourself? That's top tier first person spectating.

Mineplex does have the plugin, but it's an Immortal perk, as you mentioned yourself. So yes, just like Hypixel, Mineplex does have the plugin.

I'd personally say Mineplex has quite some problems that might bore people or discourage them from playing more but the lack of first person spectating is not one of them. Plus, once again, if anybody wants it it's in the Immortal subscription as well as other really cool perks.

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  3. Fr give first person spectating to non-immortals, such a weird thing to do.

Posted Jan 14, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  4. Hey @xxiStezzy.

Although I have an active subscription, I would have to agree with you.

I don't feel that it is fair to hide vanilla mechanic's behind a paywall. If it was something custom then I'd have no issue with it being a premium feature, but first-person spectating is something anyone can do in spectator mode, so I feel that all players should have access.

I do understand the reason things like this happen though, it adds value to a rank with a couple of small features that don't provide an advantage in gameplay. Without them, fewer people would feel inclined to subscribe to Immortal and that isn't what's best for the server when a lot of the dedicated players already have the top rank.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2021
    Fusafez and Aaron. like this.
  5. I personally agree with you.
    Even though I understand that this could get more players to purchase an Immortal subscription, this kind of thing feels like something that everyone on the server should have access to, rather than it being a perk that you get by purchasing a rank.
    I feel like Immortal already has many perks, and that adding first-person spectating to the list is perhaps unnecessary.
    As Mubio has stated above, it is a vanilla feature and it would make more sense if everyone had access to it.
    If Mineplex chooses to keep it an Immortal perk though, I understand. It's their server and they should get to decide whether first-person spectating should be a ranked feature or not.
    +1 for the idea from me though, I'd love to have access to first-person spectating even though I don't currently have an Immortal subscription active, it would make me way more comfortable whilst spectating games and especially when I'm spectating friends, since I don't have to fly around and follow them but rather just click on them and sit back and watch the game.
    Thank you for this awesome suggestion!

Have a great day/night!
    - Petar

Posted Jan 14, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and Fusafez like this.