• 1140 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12562 Players Online
  • 11422 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Players's main kit in leaderboards

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Pillowbro, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Hello!

I'm not sure if this is possible or if anyone else is interested in this, but I think it would be cool to add people's main kit being visible in leaderboards. Obviously their main kit would be the kit they've used the most.

For example, if Gamer321 is a SSM player, and he mains Zombie it shoud look like:

Player / Main kit / Wins
    Gamer321 / Zombie / 50

This way we could see who's the best Zombie player. And the same for other gamemodes like Skywars, Champions, SG, etc.

If it's not possible to track the most used kit by a player, maybe you could be choosing your favourite kit in the website(? Not sure if that's harder to implement or not...

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    xWand, Abdoo36 and Fusafez like this.
  2. Hey!

Interesting idea, I'd love to see this added! Of course, we'll need to start tracking the most used kit for players if we don't already, but after that then we are all good to go. Pretty sure choosing your favorite kit, especially it having to connect with the website, wouldn't be a positive solution, instead go with tracking. Besides that, being able to see most used kits would be just a small, fun addition so it's clean in my opinion.

One thing I'd like to mention is that possibly instead of this stat showing up on leaderboards, it can show up in /stats following the specific game. For example, for Cake Wars, with the stats that display the amount of kills you have, games played, etc. it will also show most used kit! Personally, I think this would be smarter than having it show on the leaderboard since most used kit is technically a statistic and it seems more fitting there, also everyone else can see it if they check your stats.

Anyways, thanks for the idea! Hope it gets implemented soon :)

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Pillowbro, Abdoo36 and Skit like this.
  3. I really like the concept of this idea too, and I think it would be a cool addition to leaderboards and /stats as well. I'm not sure if MP has access to stats for each kit but it's definitely worth a shot. I'd love to see this added to both website and in-game leaderboards if possible too. I think it will work for almost all games aside from ones with only 1 kit like Gladiators, since everyone has the same kit every game. In terms of Champions, I'm guessing you would only want the class displayed and not the build itself. All-in-all, I think this is a great idea that could be implemented in the future!

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Jet Starglaze, Pillowbro and Abdoo36 like this.
  4. The idea is great.. Especially for a game like SSM.. It will make much more challenges for the Pro players like me .. ehm ehm I mean for the Pro players who are always in the daily or weekly top 10 list :)

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Pillowbro likes this.
  5. I think this is a good idea, just a few fine-tuning issues I want to put forward. Apart from them, some may see this as unnecessary or only there for a QoL feature, which it is. Like I've always tried to preach, just because something isn't needed, doesn't mean it's a bad idea, every 'un-needed' feature can be a QoL feature in itself.

From what I know, Mineplex doesn't record the kit used in a game win, just the amount of wins a player has achieved (I may be totally wrong in this) so it wouldn't be possible to immediately predict what kit a player plays the most, so it'd probably be stuck as 'Gamer321 / Unknown / 50' until the player plays a game, but that depends on whether the game has been won by the player or not. Does the kit statistic get applied to the players average regardless of if they won or not?

My second fine-tuning issue is how the players primary kit is selected. From what you've said, the primary kit should be selected from the kit the player has played the most. I can't tell if this is the best way to work it out though, for example, if someone played hundreds of games on skeleton but then went to main spider and has ever since, the many many plays of skeleton will make it appear like they've skeleton is their primary kit when it isn't. I propose to work it out by working out the most played kit of the player from the last 25 games they played, and if they haven't played 25 games, pick the first kit in an alphabetical list or something out of the number of plays per kit they have (like if they had 12 wins with creeper and 12 wins with enderman, creeper comes first in the alphabet so it'd pick that as the primary kit instead of clashing between 2), do the same if, within the 25 plays, there are more than one kit with the same amount of wins.

Other than that, I think this is a good QoL feature, I give it a vouch. +1

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Pillowbro and Abdoo36 like this.
  6. Hey,

I really like this idea. I think it would be a little QoL feature that I personally (and I'm sure a lot of others) would enjoy seeing. I think it's good because I like to see how the best players play their games. I think that knowing what kit they use and other statistics is useful, so something like this in the leaderboard would be perfect. Great idea! +1

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Abdoo36 likes this.
  7. Hello there! I think that this would be a great addition to Mineplex leaderboards, for both Java and Bedrock! It would be nice to see what kits the advanced players use, so you can try that kit too. It would also be nice to see how many leaderboard players use one kit versus another. For example, I used to think that all Cake Wars leaderboard players, at least for Bedrock, used the Archer kit, but after seeing some more, I've seen some use the Builder kit, so it would be nice to see how many players in total on the leaderboards use which kit. Great idea, +1 :)

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Pillowbro and Abdoo36 like this.
  8. I think it's a great idea to make it so your main kit is your most played in the last 25 games.

Not sure about your bolded question. At the start I was thinking of your most used kit, without applying if you win or not.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Abdoo36 likes this.