• 293 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2872 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Players Applying To Staff.

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by IMrBacon, Oct 25, 2019.

?

Have you applied for staff?

1. Yes

90 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. (I would like to mention I got this thread idea from a player named Klobby, If I repeat any states from Klobbys thread, please let me know from a reply and I will try to change it, thanks!)

Players sometimes like the fact that they can apply for staff. Some of them think, There is no way they are going to accept me. If you think about apply for staff and think that in your head. Don't think of that! Try to think positively about what you are doing and be confident and think to yourself I think I could get accepted. In my own way, sometimes I think bad about it. But still, players trying their best to get into the mineplex staff team should think that they are going well if you don't then you are kind of wasting time. Spend time In-Game try your best to do the best you can if you decide to apply. Just make sure not to overdo it and not think If they don't accept me, I am not going to play mineplex anymore! If you think that way, try not to.

If you apply to the staff team and don't get accepted, you might get sad or upset. But just think Okay, I might have to do a little bit more In-Game and maybe make my application make more sense! That would be a much better thing to think of if you don't get accepted.

Anyway, I just wanted to say a little bit about that kind of stuff that happens to players when they apply for staff. Thanks to Klobby for giving me this idea (they have no idea who I am)
    if you decide to apply, remember to think positive about what you're doing

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  2. I wish aspiring trainees didn't fake their personalities to try to look really nice and helpful and would be themselves instead. I see so many kids with the same

Hey!
    [answer someone already said]
    Hope I helped! Or have a great day!

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  3. I hate to see that as well, DaGourmand. There are few that actually are as good of people as they say they are, most are not.

If only we could give them a truth serum...

Posted Oct 25, 2019
    Strafer303, AlexCab12, Jocoe and 4 others like this.
  4. Hello!

That's the thing about the internet @0joe you could fake a personality so easily and deceive everyone to who you truly are. I think that in the end, the recruiters will be able to find out who is faking their helpful personality and who isn't.

Posted Oct 25, 2019
    ScarletBlood37, Jocoe and °3° like this.
  5. As you are someone that somewhat copies the format of aspiring trainees, I ask you why do you need to start your posts with
    Hello!

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  6. It's an introduction, threads are like conversations wouldn't you say hello when you enter one? I only use hello on my first post on a thread. After that, I'm just adding to the thread no need to introduce myself again.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
    ScarletBlood37, Jocoe and °3° like this.
  7. All your points are valid tips.

if you get declined, it’s important not to give up if it’s something you’re truly passionate about. For every single denial reason, you’re able to improve on something in order to make your next application better.

Also, it’s good to message the person that denies your application. They’ll give you useful advice, and more specific tips than what’s given on the actual denial reason.

If you get declined, you shouldn’t look at it as “oh Mineplex doesn’t want me.” You should look at it as a chance to improve and grow. Eventually, you may find yourself with a trainee rank

Posted Oct 26, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 26, 2019
    Vicerz, Jocoe and GUNZxNxROSEZ like this.
  8. Hello,

It can take people up to 10-12 tries to get accepted and it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to be able to write a successful application, you need to take tips from the recruitment team on how you can improve and you do that each time round. It's very rare for you to get accepted on your first try but don't make that discourage you to have a go!

If you do get denied make sure to open a conversation with the recruiter and ask for feedback as it can be useful on you improving your application to submit for your next try.

Kind Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  9. Uhm, this can be one of the things you think of but no necessarily.

I’ve been denied several times on Enjin because I wasn’t 14, now im 19 (bday was yesterday). I didn’t think maybe I should make it make more sense.

I’ve been denied before because I have lack of knowledge, not enough detail, & even dishonesty all on enjin.

I’ve even been denied for having a recent punishment (a warn) I didn’t think any of this. You should think of more of what they say, provided they actually give you a reasoning now.

@FireStar Has Becoming a Trainee 2: https://www.mineplex.com/bat2 providing denial reasons & extreme detail for majority of not all of them.

Going to be honest, I get you spent time on this thread but @Klobby did an amazing job & commenting on his OP with this “thread” (more of a long comment) would’ve been a better option than trying to motivate others.

Posted Oct 27, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  10. I 100% agree with this because seeing the players in the community aspiring to be staff is such a great thing! I normally do not see too many players upset by being denied because obviously there are so many people applying. If you are denied then have the mentality to try even harder on your next application and to never give up when you really want something.
    ~Frqstbite

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    Jocoe and RealWand like this.
  11. Heyo!

Denials can be rough, but they hold a deeper meaning than it may rub off at first. Most applications are looking for the best candidates for the position, so denials typically mean this was something that wasn't seen from the applicant. While there are multiple stages for the application, I would say the application plays a very crucial role with the process.

This is where I feel most players get stumped at, and is probably the discouraging part of the application. It gets repetitive after every application, and it gets more difficult to try and find a point where you're not necessarily rewording your application, nor covering many different topics. Regardless of this, there are still ways to bypass this issue, but it requires the time and dedication to put forth towards it - which is what Recruitment looks for! If they can see you're willing to fix your mistakes and errors from last time, then I'm sure they would be more than willing to give you an opportunity at an interview. I've experienced plenty of denials in the past before, but one of the best ways I was able to recover was reflecting off what I did wrong in the past one. One way to do this is by messaging the recruiter who denied you for a more direct reasoning, which really helps break down the real denial reason. The issue with losing motivation is that players won't keep putting forth the effort, which is why it is essential to keep improving every single time.

Interviews are definitely another part of the application that can prove to be a challenge to most people, and this is also something else that is difficult to improve on. Personally I have never experienced any denials at this stage, so I can't put much of an input here. Either way, I'll still try and leave my logic with this one. With them changing every time, it gets difficult to discover a distinct point to where you can improve on, especially since there is also the fact you have to repeat the first part of the process. I honestly would just recommend to shoot a PM to the recruiter who denied you once again, as they will give you a better reasoning to the denial. I believe Link 1 and Link 2 will help people out a lot, so I'll go ahead and leave these there as well (BAT and BAT2).

Observations are also another difficult part to the application, unless you are dedicated to the position and know what you are signing up for (which is coincidentally what Recruitment is also looking for). Most people I find struggle with finding a line between maturity and activity, which was personally something I discovered when I was an underage applicant. While this doesn't mean "don't play with your friends", there is a point where you need to realize the people you are hanging out around. If they aren't good influences or breaking the rules a lot, you may often find yourself following in their footsteps or being lenient towards them. Regardless of the reasoning, once again my biggest recommendation would be just messaging the recruiter for a direct denial reasoning. This is also another hard stage to bounce back from, especially since your reputation can be harshly affected here and you'll have to repeat the interview and application stage again.

While denials can rub off as a discouraging idea, the purpose is to show what you can improve on next time, as they need to ensure that they are only selecting the best candidates. It may not always seem fair to everybody, but in the end these usually lead to you becoming a better person and helping you out in the future, even if it means a more difficult process. There are many tips that can be given about this, which I've provided some links to earlier on. If you are truly willing to make a change for the server, you will be able to accomplish this and you will be worthy of this position. On that note, hopefully this brought a more deep and meaningful reasoning to the denials and why they occur. Have a nice day :)

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    Jocoe and RealWand like this.
  12. Take it from me with only 20-30 denials now, and with multiple essay's worth of applications(Quality >Quantity), if you truly want this role you can get it no matter what. Takes you 10 tries and you give up? Not Trainee material. A true Trainee is someone who preserves to get this position, no matter how long it takes. If you don't have the grit and motivation to take your denials and improve upon them, then your honestly not who we are looking for(to put it bluntly).

Everyone has a different part of the application that stumps them. For me the application was always easy, but the interview was scary because I'm an introvert and get nervous around other people and embarrassing myself, but I got through it anyways, you gotta face your fears eventually and it's good to take risks.

Also, I personally have been seeing less of the copypasta Trainee "tryhards" on posts, I still see some occasionally but not as much as back when Mineplex first started in 2013 and such. The early Mineplex days. Good luck everyone on Trainee!

Posted Nov 5, 2019
    Frqstbite, RealWand and Kyuine like this.
  13. Hey!
    So, I have applied for staff around 6 times now? And all of them were denied. What I did, was messaged the recruiter, and asked them for what I could improve on. I got a huuuuugggeeee response, and I take it upon myself to grow on my skills, make my application better, etc. Personally, I don't plan on stopping applying for Trainee, until I reach my ultimate goal, that I have always wanted - Trainee.
    Thanks, have a good day!

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  14. Hey mate, I kind of feel how a lot of players who responded to this thread also feel. I've applied for Trainee here on Mineplex 3 times now. The first application got denied because I didn't have 30 days on the forums. The second one got denied because I had an active 'post boosting' warning. The 3rd application got accepted but unfortunately, I didn't make it past the interview. I may re-apply again when I'm ready but at the moment I feel that there's still a lot that I need to learn.
    - TheProTroller

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  15. Hey!
    I noticed how you guys said us aspiring trainees are faking our personalities! I personally act like this in real life! When I spend time online, I try to be myself as much as I can. I try to help others as much as possible as well, as I do this in real life! I can kind of see how aspiring trainees fake their personalities. I can’t speak for my fellow aspiring trainees, but they could be faking or not and it’s the internet so you will probably never find out. We use the same format because it’s useful and it’s respectful to all users. We say hello because we feel as we should introduce ourselves to others posting on the forums. Next, we just simply state our opinion which is what everyone else does on the forums. Finally, we just want to make sure we are being helpful and we want to be respectful when closing our posts. I’m not really sure how we are faking our personalities, but I’m open to new ways on how we are faking our personalities. Also, denials can be tough! Many players try to improve themselves after they get denied. I’ve applied about 8 times or more and I’ve never got accepted. I’ve been able to improve myself over the denials and I’ve learned a lot!
    Have a good day!

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  16. Heya!

I do agree with your points! I think being labeled a "trainee tryhard" isn't necessarily a bad thing and I'll give a few arguments why

Firstly, I want to address this comment:
    The people who laugh and make fun of people for being trainee tryhards or that they in the case of some of the comments in this thread "fake their personalities" that's not really a bad thing, in fact think of all the people that fake their personalities on an every day basis in front of you! That cashier at the grocery store acts all happy in front of you but she would rather be doing ANYTHING else than her job, your teachers put on a smile and teach like normal but I bet that behind closed doors they are grumpy and tired. The point I'm trying to make is just because people purposely alter or fake their personalities to try to seem nice and make your experience better isn't bad because, in the end, they are trying to make your life and overall experience better because they are a representation of the company, example: if the cashier doesn't do her job, then it makes the company look bad, if the aspiring trainee doesn't do his/her job in a nice and friendly manner then it gives no incentive for Mineplex to accept that person as they would represent the network badly or in a way Mineplex doesn't want them too. So it makes no sense to discriminate against people who are just trying to achieve their dreams because the people who laugh at the "trainee tryhards" or the people who fake their personalities are the same people who are salty and making hate threads online about how the applications are pointless and you will never get accepted yet they do none of the work to try to do their part.

As per this post, I do very much agree, if you REALLLLY desire trainee, keep trying, work hard, even become a "Trainee tryhard" eventually you will get it. It might take you 1 application, it might take you 100! but eventually, you will. Don't think of it as "aghhh i got denied this is so rigged I'll never get it" think of it as "ok I was lacking here on my application I'll focus on improving that specific area on my next application"

I wish everyone who is applying for staff the best of luck and I want everyone to know that once you get on the team, all the work you put into getting here is wellllll worth it. Until next time! Byeeee! :D

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  17. This is true, however they are paid employees and are paid to do this, it's not a volunteer job.

Trainee is a volunteer job and the people working are not obligated to hide their opinions.

Also, we don't mind when they're helpful, and the greeting doesn't bother us too much, we really just don't like it when they say they don't like an idea because other staff are saying it or they always defend MP. It's not even their job to do that.

Using your teacher analogy, isn't it super annoying when there's this one kid in your class that loves the teacher and is always trying to do extra work and tell on people? This is the person that we mean, not that kid that's just nice and likes to help people out.

We all know that the recruiters are a bit desperate and don't have as high standards as they used to.

Also, many of us do want to become Trainee. I used to want to become one and I know others that dislike Trainee Tryhards but want to become Trainee themselves. An example would be @Jaekub

I have no problem with working hard either, it's a really good trait. All I care about is that people don't do a job they're not supposed to do.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  18. I’ve always wants to be Trainee but I don’t like the idea of being interviewed because I’m a very nervous person. Which leads to believe I shouldn’t be staff in the first place lol

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    freddey and ✦Sean like this.
  19. Everyone can get staff, they just need to have confidence, not too much nor too little. I know I'm not staff, but I felt the same way you did once. Only you can decide your future (or application) lol

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  20. I have known so many people who were in the same shoes as you and they went on to be amazing staff members. The Recruitment members are trained to make the interviewee feel as comfortable as possible throughout the entire interview process. It's always good to let them know beforehand if you may be experiencing social anxiety so that they can tailor the interview to make you feel most comfortable. The interviews aren't in place to scare or intimidate you; they're there so that the team can get to know your personality a little bit better than the application lets on.

My advice is to just try and relax and realize that the interviewer is excited to have you there. You've made it to the interview portion of the application process because they believe in you. Like most interviews for any job, they just want to get to know you a bit more. If they ask you specific questions about the game or about punishments, don't sweat it too much. You're not a Trainee yet so of course they don't expect you to know everything about everything. Just try and be yourself in the interview. And if anxiety is telling you that it's impossible to be yourself in that moment, try to picture a time in which you felt proud to be who you are and let that form of yourself shine for the extent of the interview. Once you get accepted onto the staff team, it'll seem like a piece of cake. You made it through the most daunting aspect of the application process. As a staff member, you'll look back at how well you did in the interview and that will be one of those 'proud moments' of yourself to think of in the future.

So don't think of the interview process as something to dread, but as something to look forward to. This is a chance to let your colors fly. The staff member that's interviewing you may know nothing about you or they may know everything about you. Just remember, only you truly know who you are and that's truly all that matters.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    WowCaleb likes this.