• 2994 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11653 Players Online
  • 8659 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Place/Places you'd like to visit and why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Truthhs, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Hey!

I saw a bunch of people doing threads like "Favorite breakfast food", and "Favorite soda" etc. So I thought why not make one a bit different? Sooo, I made this one about places you would like to visit :D

Personally, I'm not too sure about the exact place I would want to visit but, I do know I want to visit someplace where it rains and the weather/air is nice. I would like to visit somewhere new and do something out of my comfort zone. Like trying different types of foods even if it's not what I'm used to. What about you? :)

Posted Mar 31, 2020
    Error3, BankOfAtlas, Sven and 3 others like this.
  2. Mine's a little basic, as I'm not really delving outside of the United States, but I'd really like to visit New York (specifically the city)! I've never been there, and with Madison Square Garden as well as Times Square being there, I just feel like I'd really enjoy the area. My significant other is actually moving to New York this fall, so I'm excited to visit them and tour the city with them.

I definitely agree with your answer in regards to the whether and trying new things such as food, I definitely would enjoy doing that too. I actually want to go to places like Greece, Italy, France to do just exactly that and just do tourist things honestly. Hopefully when the pandemic is over and we slowly restore the world to what it was prior to the pandemic, I'll be able to make that a reality!

Posted Mar 31, 2020
  3. @skarm That's cool! I've been to New York City a couple of times since I live a couple of hours away. I know you will love it. By the way, if you ever want to go to places that require a ticket (Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, etc.) I recommend buying a ticket online. I had to wait the whole morning just to go on Liberty Island and Staten Island.

I would love to visit Japan (kind of generic). The culture there seems cool and unique, and I would love to see the temples. The history of Japan fascinates me as well, and I could learn a little bit of my family heritage (I'm part Korean and Japanese ^-^).

COVID-19 is really being a pain in the butt right now, and I was planning to go to South Korea and Japan in the summer. What a bummer. Visiting Japan would happen though. Thanks for the really cool thread idea! :)

-susketchup

Posted Mar 31, 2020
    Walker and skarm like this.
  4. I have always loved nature and our beautiful planet, so I would love to travel to the 7 natural wonders of the world; namely the Great Barrier Reef. I definitely believe traveling will be in my schedule once I am financially stable with a career in the future! Life is too short not to get out and enjoy it, you know?

Something fun that's a little more doable in the foreseeable future is a road trip. I would love to travel out west with some of my close friends. I have never been west of Texas, and I would love to go sightseeing! :)

Posted Mar 31, 2020
    Truthhs and Pubbsby like this.
  5. For me, visiting places isn't about what the place is... but who I'm with. I really wanted to visit my friend in Idaho this summer, but with the quarantine I don't think that's realistic. Still, visiting them is on my bucket list after Corona is outta town. I also wanted to visit Los Angeles on a road trip with one of my dear friends, which naturally is no longer happening. Further, I wanted to visit my sister at her internship... also not happening. But yeah, for me visiting is about who I am with, as opposed to where! Though if I could go anywhere with anyone I'd probably, during times of health, go to Paris with my sister.

Posted Mar 31, 2020
    Truthhs and Walker like this.
  6. That's great to hear :) I love knowing others want to try new things as well and explore the world! I hope you have a great time exploring New York with your mate <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 31, 2020
  7. Out of the ordinary, I’d absolutely love to visit Greece someday. I’m hugely fascinated with Greek Mythology and it would be a dream come true to visit Greece. I’d also like to visit Rome someday as well, as Roman Mythology partakes my interest as well. Those are the only places I’d like to visit, I’ve practically been everywhere else I’ve wanted to visit.​

Posted Mar 31, 2020
  8. Honestly, I'd love to visit Greece and see the Greek Islands. Everytime I see them on screen or in pictures, they're absolutely gorgeous! Other than Greece I'd love to go to Newfoundland & Labrador, Nunavut, the Yukon or the Northwest Territories. I've been very lucky in my life being able to travel around the country I live in however, I've never been to Newfoundland & Labrador or any of the territories. I've always dreamed of going to Newfoundland and seeing even more of the Canadian east coast. I'd love to see Gros Morne or the Fjords. As for any of the territories, I'd love to visit just to be around the nature and the beautiful lakes.
    Overall, if I could go anywhere it would be to any Canadian territory, Newfoundland & Labrador or Greece.

Posted Mar 31, 2020
    Sven, Walker and Truthhs like this.
  9. Hi!

First, I would love to go to Germany, France, etc, where there is a lot of historical places. I love history, and I think it would be really fun to actually see some of the battlefields and other parts of history with my own eyes. Otherwise, I may go to Canada, because it just seems like a peaceful place to visit.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Mar 31, 2020
    Walker and Truthhs like this.
  10. I'm a fan of Greek Mythology and Roman and actually Norse too but I just want to visit Greece and Amsterdam these two places have always been my dream places to visit since Incas a really small kid.

Posted Mar 31, 2020
  11. I have been lucky enough in my 16 years on this world to travel to all kinds of places. Originally being born in Michigan, I have traveled to Asia, lived in China, traveled to Europe, 50 different countries in those two continents probably! Some places I have always wanted to visit is Iceland/Greenland, and Australia. Those are my two bucket list places to visit!

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  12. Very lucky hope u debunk the ppl that say Australia doesn't exist because I can literally see Australia with my telescope from the beach where I'm from I mean it's a really good telescope but yeah #debunk

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Walker likes this.
  13. B3N

B3N

Hey! I’ve always wanted to go to The Bahamas, Germany, or Iceland.

I would like to go to The Bahamas because the water is just so clear and from the pictures I’ve seen, it looks so beautiful. I know so many people who have went there and I am jealous!!

I’d want to go to Germany because I’m part German so I think it would be useful to learn a little about my heritage. I don’t know much about Germany so it’d be nice to learn!

Lastly, I want to go to Iceland because I love, well, ice! I’ve seen pictures and it looks so pretty. Once again, don’t know much about Iceland nor do I know anyone who’s been so therefore I want to go. :)

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Walker and Truthhs like this.
  14. Wonderful! :)
    I would like to visit Germany as well to learn more about the history and foods.

Fun fact: Greenland is actually more icy than Iceland :O
    From what I learned in school and online, Greenland is vast body of ice covering 660,000 sq mi, which is about 94% of the surface! While Iceland is around 11% covering its surface :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 1, 2020
  15. I'd love to visit Spain one day, for sure. I've been learning Spanish for a while and it's something I'm very passionate about. I'd like to see experience the culture first hand, especially since Spain is well known for it's festivals, and I think participating in some of them would be very fun (La Tomatina looks like something I'd enjoy a lot haha). Trying out some Spanish food would also be pretty neat too. So yeah, I think that Spain would be a cool country to visit.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Error3, BankOfAtlas and Truthhs like this.
  16. I would like to visit LA to try those candy :). I know, I know this sounds super weird everyone is telling me that but I'm not interested in sightseeing or anything else I just want to try LA's donuts, etc. Oh yeah and also go to whale watching.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Truthhs likes this.
  17. for me i've always wanted to visit 2 places. I love scenery so these 2 places make sense.

1. Rio de janeiro, the mountain's and beaches seem so beautiful and it's something i've wanted to see ever since the 2014 Brazil world cup.
    2. Iceland, the northern lights are amazing on camera so they'd be special irl.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Truthhs likes this.
  18. For me, I actually want to visit Seoul because there are a lot of fast food restaurants! I also want to see the history of South Korea, and I also want to see palaces and historical villages! I also want to understand its unique writing system of the alphabet and its most difficult grammar, especially the languages that borrowed some Chinese letters before the alphabet was developed.

I also want to go to Tokyo since when I was 13. I get to eat a lot of sushi (at first I felt weird, but with ginger slice, it cleans my taste!) and udon! My grandma went to Japan for almost every summer! I also liked the toys in Japan!

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Truthhs and Pubbsby like this.
  19. Do not burden yourself with Korean. It is HELL and slow to learn. Trust me, as an Asian American, I struggled for years to get decent at the language. Its sentence structure is completely different than English. But yeah! South Korea is cool. Besides visiting South Korea for its history, I suggest going to Jeju Islands. It is BEAUTIFUL there in the spring/summer. (Don't go to the North btw ;))

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  20. I was supposed to go to Scotland this May and one of the places I wanted to see most was Loch Shiel in the Scottish Highlands. For those who are Harry Potter fans, it's the place where the exterior of Hogwarts was filmed and the black lake for the second trial of the Goblet of Fire film. When this virus passes, I really want to go there and canoe on the lake!

[​IMG]
    Make sure to kiss a Cod! It's customary all tourists do so to become an honorary Newfoundlander!

Posted Apr 1, 2020
    Look_Dan, xGetRekted and Truthhs like this.