• 2447 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5026 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Pets

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Cardyceps, Nov 17, 2019.

?

Did you like any of the ideas?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2019.
  1. Yes, I found this threat interesting.

100.0%
  2. No, I didn't like what you wrote

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guys. My name is Cardyceps. It is my first threat so please do not judge because I am new to this site.
    So for next 4 days I would like to speak about pets. You probably seen those pets who cost 400 minecoins!
    I mean it is a bit expensive and you can find maps or even maps with mods that have price that is close to
    the price of the pets. I want to say that we need to make them cheaper or to add sale seasons to increase
    our demand. I think that we could also wary the cost: the usual one will cost 50 minecoins and rare will
    cost 70 or 80 minecoins. I also have some ideas. I will list them below.

1)Newt
    [​IMG]

Look at these newts, aren't they adorable?
    There will be two of the: gray is the usual and white is the rare and will cost more than grey one.

2)Baby Brontosaurus

[​IMG]

This would be an Epic pet that would be cute and would show that the owner is very reach.

--- Post updated ---
    I am sorry for my lack of grammar

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Frqstbite and neotheater like this.
  2. Hello!

I thank you for coming up with these unique pet ideas. However, I think it would be very difficult to create these pets, and everyone would probably need a texture pack throughout the server. This creates a big problem throughout. I think there will be more pets in the future. I do not think these pets will be good for the server, but it would rather make it more difficult to manage. Once again, I commend you for sharing your idea!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  3. Well, I have seen many pets our fellow developers have made. Some of them look good like Corgi and some look very bad like that enderdragon who stands on its back pair of legs and looks a bit ugly. I understand that it will take time until the new pet will be added, but I would also like to know about the prices. Will there be any sales or lowering in price or will they stay expensive? I understand that my ideas might look bad and may be they are, but I still hope that you guys will continue to add more pets and make them more affordable.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019
    neotheater likes this.
  4. Hey!

I love the idea. Newts are so cute ;o; I'm getting a real life Newt for Christmas!! We're calling him Bobby. Anyways, the idea:

It's a good idea in essence. More exotic and unique pets for the Bedrock edition would be really cool. For Java we don't have a very wide variety of pets either, so don't worry. However I have to agree with @ddgolfer04 with the issues regarding the texture pack. These animals aren't built into Minecraft, meaning Mineplex would have to texture two whole new animals and then implement it onto the server. Then players would have to download the texture pack to actually see them. My computer can barely handle Minecraft as it is, and texture packs a huge no for it. It disallows me to play some of the games that I used to love, and I can imagine (and hope) that I'm not the only player with these issues. If a texture pack would have to be required for the Lobby too it would make Bedrock literally unplayable for me on my computer and I hate playing on my phone- so I'd just never go onto it because I wouldn't be able to.

I wish that the animals were in Minecraft Vanilla, but they aren't :( If they were then I'd totally say yes to the idea!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  5. Ok, I understand. By the way I mentioned newts because I have them back at home in Russia. I recommend Spanish Ribbed newts because they are big, funny, won't try to escape too much and you can leave them without food and they can survive at least a week, but they will become very hungry and will try to eat any creature they can see except other newts of their kind.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019
    neotheater likes this.
  6. [​IMG]
    Threat... XD
    Sorry but I had to lol

Its a cool idea though! I can't really say much to the matter though as I don't really do anything with minecoins so I dont have much/any experience with them. Seems cool though!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  7. Heyo!
    I mostly play java but this is a good idea! Maybe up the price to 200. I don’t see any harm this could do. It would be very cute! I’d love to see more ideas for new pets! And welcome to the forums! I’m NinjaMaster895/Coolsickdude/NinjaOneGaming Feel free to friend me (NinjaOneGaming9)! Anyways I think this is a good idea because I think bedrock needs more features! Overall I’ll be giving this idea a +1!
    Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  8. Hey!
    First, I'd like to welcome you to the forums! I'm BaconAnEggs! If you ever need a hand, please PM me and I'll be sure to get back to you! Anyways, I love your ideas! Since you've suggested two, I'm going to split them up and give feedback individually.

1) The Newts. I think this is a wonderful! Newts are super cute and I definitely feel that they would fit with the unique pets for Bedrock! I also really like this idea because it fits so well with the Mineplex Market place's most recent skin pack! I think that this could be a super cute design and fit in so well! I also really like this idea because there is a lot of potential for reskins of these pets, much like the already existing robot pets. Overall, I feel this idea has a ton of potential and would make a great fit on the Bedrock server; +1 from me.

2) The Brontosaurus. I think this is also a super cute idea! As you've mentioned, Bedrock already has a baby EnderDragon pet, so I think another tiny dinosaur would be super adorable! My only issue with this would be it would be difficult to design without making it super large. For this reason, I'll have to go +0.

Overall, these are some super cute ideas that I think would make lovely additions to the Bedrock edition of Mineplex!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  9. Very interesting and cool idea that I would like to see implemented. I would definitely have one on at all times if they were to be added and would be a great cosmetic brought to Mineplex!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  10. Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas

I'm not sure if lowering the cost of pets would benefit Mineplex. If lowered, sales would bring in less income and thus result in a loss for the company; however, more players might be interested in buying the item. You do have a point though, paying roughly the same amount as other maps and mods for a cosmetic does not seem like a fair purchase from a potential customer's perspective. I think having a sale period would work well because it would result in many players considering purchasing a pet during the time span.

As for the pets, I think they are very creative ideas! I would have never thought of that and I'm sure it will be a great item. The dinosaur also seems unique and I think it would be pretty interesting to see, especially its huge neck. Overall, I think these concepts would work quite well and I'd love to see them available on the server.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  11. Well guys, I am not sure what to say. I didn't expect people to like my idea. The other thing is that I mentioned BABY Brontosaurus and not the adult version. I mean you didn't add an actual ender dragon as a pet right? Instead you made HER smaller and named it "Baby enderdragon". The other thing is the equilibrium price. For people who never studied Economy equilibrium price is when all products are sold or something like this, I am not really good at Economy. The thing I wanted to say is that we need some kind of balance. By balance I mean a point of price at which consumer demand is close to how much revenue and profit we want.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.