• 875 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2959 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Petition to update and fix minestrike

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by Flippaz, Oct 6, 2019.

?

Do you want an update?

1. yes

86.4%
  2. no

13.6%
  1. I don't even play much anymore but please. There are so many bugs and issues. Not to mention it being years since the last update or something. Vote yes for a better craft career.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
  2. mineplex has given up on updating games considering there update rate this year.

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    DaGourmand, Task and matrixyst like this.
  3. I fear this won't happen soon, but I do really hope so.
    -Piet

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  4. just download csgo lol

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  5. Hey!

If there were to be some particular MineStrike update to happen, is there anything specific you would like to see besides bug and glitch fixes?

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  6. Honestly all of the games need updates and mineplex only seems to want to focus on Cake Wars

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    DaGourmand, Starx280 and matrixyst like this.
  7. I would love to see an update in minestrike. It's been one of my favorite games since it came out.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  8. Right now im rebuilding new Vertigo, should be done in a month

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  9. I'm not even a minestrike player and I want this game to be updated, it's just been benched in terms of further development for too long.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  10. let’s be frank, many games need an update, including Minestrike and the developers are aware of this.

The thing about limited resources is that it forced decision makers to prioritize certain actions over others. Unfortunately, updating game modes has not been high on that list but I hope it becomes a priority soon as I can share your sentiments with the amount of bugs in the game.

Minestrike was an awesome game to play and still is but I feel updates to game modes would be a good way to bring back some people to the server and to revitalize the overall appeal Of the game once more.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
    Dallarth and Oscaros_ like this.
  11. They arent prioritizing anything right now. Literally nothing is getting done and we are all sick and tired of waiting. Im sure they can find someone willing to code stuff

Posted Oct 31, 2019
    jjzdragon likes this.
  12. I can agree with this user @Sven I have a hard time believing that the Mineplex staff team is prioritizing anything right now. If they did prioritize, the common sense thing to prioritize would be to fix any and all bugs that pop up. Mine-Strike is full of bugs/glitches and Mineplex hasn't done anything about it for over 4 years. I would understand why they haven't fixed Mine-Strike if the server was super busy with everything else and if the wait time was shorter than FOUR YEARS. Like, surely if Mineplex developers were prioritizing they would have had that to-do for Mine-Strike bug fixes and updates role around by now.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  13. Let's not spread misinformation and deconstruct that.

In the last few months there have been two big things that have been worked on that have been made possible as a result of the work by our Java devs.

1. The Area 51 game, which was in development for a while before it was released.
    2. The Event server was brought back, which is a very integral aspect to our community development efforts specifically overseen by the Community Management and Events Squad team.
    3. There are several other things that I wish I could say that they are working on but seeing as they are not public information, I cant.
    With this said, just because you don't see the end product does not mean that work isn't being done and/or things are not being prioritized. To do so would be an assumption based on a false reality.

Posted Oct 31, 2019

14. Event Server wasn't a priority and was something Sobki did on the side, which he didn't have to do, but he felt bad for us.

To the OP: I know a lot of games including MS need an update, so this game isn't alone. It has been publicly stated on the Discord that there is a bigger project taking the time currently, so maybe after that, current games can get an update. Of course it's not guaranteed, but one can only hope.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
    Sven likes this.
  15. I don’t think I said the event server was or wasn't a priority but it was something that was done by a java dev and as such was prioritized over doing other things by default.

Good thing to know about the public acknowledgement on discord that bigger things are being done at the moment. Who knows whether games will be updated following this but I hope it does since I think it would be a great update to have in order to revitalize interests in certain games again.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  16. The thing is, A51 was purely just Mine-Strike and Castle Siege smashed together with a new map and a bit of extra features splashed in. It wouldn't have taken long to code, as most of the code was already in games that are already on the server. And if it is so that the event server was something on the side, then that would be irrelevant to the topic on hand.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
  17. By the time the "bigger project" gets released mineplex will be down to like 500 players and who knows if it's any good. It literally takes 30 minutes to go in and make a few balance changes in some games but mineplex just won't do it.

Posted Oct 31, 2019
    jjzdragon likes this.
  18. As others mentioned, the size of the development team means that some tasks must be prioritized over others. One may reasonably ask what the priorities actually are for the development team, as it is not uncommon for some suggestions to be dismissed as "low-priority". This very discussion took place in the public Mineplex Community Insights Discord. Fortunately, Dean provided the following clarification:

"Short term we're working on a new game. Which most of you probably already know because Alex mentioned it at a Q&A over the summer. Longterm is unsure because it's not clear how short short-term will be.That's all I can give you." (https://imgur.com/a/XMcqpdo)

I hope this cleared up any confusion regarding the development team's focus as of now; it would be cool to see a Mine-strike update once the devs are finished with their first priority.

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  19. I agree that there need to be changes and fixes in games. The number of bugs is quite annoying, and it make playing any game, not just Mine-Strike, very hard. I can understand what @Sven said about prioritizing certain things, but it’s a little ridiculous that we can’t fix simple updates.

I’m not bashing the dev team, and I’m not bashing the staff. It’s just annoying that they can’t take a little time to make some simple updates. Honestly, I would much rather see bugs fixed and game updated than this new game.

To the devs: if you are reading this, I think it’s almost a unanimous agreement that maintaining games is a bigger priority than a new game right now.

Posted Nov 1, 2019