• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10124 Players Online
  • 7234 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Pet in Human Years

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Prof_, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Most of us have pets which typically live much shorter than we do. How is your pet converted to human years?

My cat is almost 5-yo which translates to about 31 in human years. After its first year, my cat is 16. Add 4 more for each year.

Posted Jun 29, 2020
  2. Hiiii

We always joke about this with my dog, she is 3 (and a half) so she is 21-24 which we find funny as she is the most immature and playful dog ever. We calculate it off "dog years" which is 7 years for every 1 year.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. Hello!!

My dog is 5 years old! So that means she is 35 years old.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  4. Hey!

My cat (who is called Actin) is 7 years old! His birthday is on the 23rd March 2013. So that makes him 45 years old:)

Here he is:

[​IMG]

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    RavenPaw9 and _Prof_ like this.
  5. My dog is a REALLY old man, but we still love him. His name is Lucky and he's a teacup shih tzu, and we originally rescued him from an abusive home. We adopted him when I was really little (I can't remember the age, unfortunately) but my family has had him ever since I can remember! Lucky's a sweetheart to anyone he knows, but a little scared of strangers, so you really have to warm up to him before snuggling up with him. Right now, he's 13 and turning 14 in August, which means he's around 68-70 years old! He's got some troubles with his hearing and sight but he's still the same dog that I know and love. This is a pretty old picture of him from last year's summer, but here is what he looks like: https://imgur.com/a/u7Y6LXD

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  6. This got me curious. I never wanted to convert my cat's age to human years. I always liked the idea of her staying young since I genuinely can't live without her. She's pretty much my favourite being to be around when I'm at home. I can get upset quite easily due to personal issues but she's always by my side when I get to that stage. So I finally decided to do it. At 7 years old, my cat is 40 years old in human years. Her name's Jellybean, if anyone was curious. Here's one of the many pics my mum has taken of her + a whisker on her back:[​IMG]

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Truthhs, _Prof_ and lotix like this.
  7. My cat who I believe is 7 Is somewhere around 40-44 In human years! I have had her ever since she was a kitten and when I was little as well :) I am 13 now and we got her when I was 6 so that is why I believe she is 7 y/o In cat years :)

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. I don't have a pet currently but my fish was 2 years old which converts to 26 human years!

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. I currently have one dog right now and she is five years old which equals 35 human years.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. Marlo is a 1-year-old puppy, so I suppose that makes him 7 years old in Human years. He's certainly still quite young and energetic.
    [​IMG]

Posted Jul 1, 2020
    ScarletBlood37, _Prof_ and Klobby like this.
  11. I currently have two dogs, one which is 1 making her 7 in human years and, the other which is five making him 35 in human years.

Posted Jul 2, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  12. I have three cats that live with me at the moment. I have one cat that is currently two and a half years old, so she is about 26 years old in human years. It's kind of funny that at the time that I adopted her, we were about the same age if you used human years for both of us. My other two are kittens that are just under four months old. That means they are only really about six years old when it comes to human years. They've all got pretty long lives ahead of them.

My childhood cat that lives with my mom will be 16 years old next week, so he's about 80 years old in human years which is pretty old. Additionally, I have a dog that also lives with my mom who is five years old, so he's about 36 years old but he's still super hyper like a puppy and I imagine he'll live for quite a bit longer than some dogs.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. Cats' ages in human years is 16 for first and then add 4 for every other. All of your cats are all younger by a few years.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2020
  14. Actually, animals generally don't age on a consistent scale or rate. It changes throughout their lifetime and can also depend on if they are indoor or outdoor animals. I'm just going off of a diagram that was posted in my vet's office previously.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.