• 1565 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8586 Players Online
  • 7021 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Permanent Mutes shouldn't be there

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ameen, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was permanently muted for leaking someone's information but i did it as a joke and the info leaked wasn't even real I just put a random state and asked my friend if he lived there. I am permanently muted now and my appeal was denied and now I don't know what to do. I been playing mineplex since 2014 and it was my favorite server but now it's just a joke. I agree for timed mutes but permanent?? That makes 0 sense now i might just not play mineplex anymore.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
  2. I disagree with removing permanent mutes for leaking information. The magnitude of those actions are extreme and could put someone in danger if the personal information is accurate. If the information sounds legitimate, it would be impossible to prove that you were joking. Since your appeal has been denied, my advice is to message the forum manager that denied your appeal, so they can go into further depth and give you some pointers for your future appeals.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    scarlet, BlondieBrook and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  3. I didn't even know that asking what state someone lived in was leaking private information even. And plus, even if I have tips in the future, I am permanently muted so it makes no sense.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2021
  4. For starters, saying just a state isn't punishable under this rule. You either said something much more precise, or the punishment could have been unjustified. You can bring this up with someone from the Rules Committee team by either messaging them on Discord or starting up a conversation on the forums because from what I know, personal information in terms of address is only punishable if somebody mentions a city with 150k people or less or anything more accurate than that. States are completely fine.

I disagree with removing permanent mutes, however. A lot of the time, people get permanently muted for excessive toxicity, scamming, things like that. Furthermore, the reason why a permanent mute is applied on revealing personal information is because if somebody really was to reveal something really precise, they shouldn't be allowed to speak again - the internet is dangerous and a risk can't be taken for them to repeat their actions. It's a very serious thing - but appeals are always in place.

You can try to appeal again - just make sure to read the appeal guidelines thoroughly and include as much detail is possible. Before you do, do bring up your situation with a RC member as I said above, though

Posted Jan 20, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 20, 2021
    BlondieBrook likes this.
  5. Hey there!

As the players above stated, saying a state alone does not warrant a punishment which means you must have gone into more detail about certain aspects. You can check to see what you said by checking your punishment history by doing /ph, and there should be quotes as to what you have said or if it is a report. If it is a report, feel free to message a moderator and I am sure they would be happy to help you out in figuring out what you said to warrant this punishment. On to your main topic, saying that permanent mutes should not be there. I am going to have to disagree with that especially with what we have stated at mineplex.com/rules. I do feel that those do warrant a permanent mute. As some of the players stated above, breaking some of these rules could put someone's security at risk causing them to feel unsafe. In the end, it is up to the members of Rules Committee, so feel free to message one of them. You can find a list of them at mineplex.com/rules!

I am sorry you were muted, however, even though it is a permanent mute, you can still appeal! Feel free to appeal at mineplex.com/appeals! Once you are there you would click on "Appeal Punishment." At the top it does remind you to read over the punishment appeal guide found here which has great information that will tell you how to fill out a successful appeal and what to expect. If you have any evidence to help your case feel free to add it into the appeal and the Appeals Team will gladly take a look at it. Before you appeal, please understand that you are not guaranteed an unmute if you appeal. Your appeal will be determined based on its content, our (private) appeal criteria, and/or sole discretion of each individual staff in some cases.

-------------

I will go ahead and lock this thread for you as it the concern has been addressed!

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me via the forums or on discord!

Thread Locked.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Fusafez and BlondieBrook like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.