• 404 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8842 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Permanent Hub Music

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Crazyy_Tim, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Hey!

Ok so, right now I think the music is great in the lobbies for area 51, Christmas events, Halloween events, etc. But I feel like if they have music added in all the time it will just make those events less special. As said above, yes you could turn down jukebox and noteblock sounds but then you won't get any sound from a things like pm's and mentions. Overall, I like the idea but I feel like it just wouldn't work with a lot of the mp community as it would annoy quite a few players

-1 From me,
    Good luck with future ideas!

--Echo

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  2. I suggested something like this a while back and only got poor responses from it. Yet I've been loving the lobby music and would love to have it year round. Of course more variety would be nice considering All-Star by Smash Mouth has started to get old to me.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  3. Personally, I would love this. Even though I don't always have my sounds on for in-game when on the server, I think it would immerse the players more into the server. If you've ever been to Disney World, you'll notice that different areas of the parks have different types of music to fit their themes. It's a way to draw guests in and the same can be said about the server. Hub music would pull players in further to the theme of the server.

However, I'm not sure what would happen with the disk cosmetics that players can use in the lobby. Would both play at the same time? That seems kind of annoying to me. Maybe one would turn off automatically. I don't know what would be the best way around that.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  4. we would all suffer, that's what XD

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  5. I have to disagree with this idea for 2 reasons. The first one is that some people might get annoyed by a 24/7 music. The second reason is that it would remove the purpose of music cosmetics in the lobby.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
  6. I think hub music is great for little events like this, but as a permanent feature, I would have some concerns. I've noticed that when you lag out for any reason, the music gets a little messed up and a ton of notes play at the same time, and it just doesn't sound very nice, in my opinion. There's also the issue of producing the music. We would either have to pull music from some other source, or we would have to find someone capable of creating the music for us.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  7. Honestly I think it might be better if it just stayed for events/special occasions. Hub music is nice and adds a little something entertaining and unique to the lobby, but I find after listening to it so many times like the music right now for the Area 51 event; it gets kind of boring and repetitive. So, if we had it going all the time I feel like players would start to feel like its getting kind of annoying because they've heard it so many times and no one really cares for it anymore. Even if there is the option to turn it off, it just feels like an extra step to disabling something that isn't very necessary. I love when it's played during holidays because it's only temporary and you still get the option to turn it off, but you don't have to listen to it all the time and then maybe miss out on the special music because everyone already has it set off from the normal hub music. So I'm gonna say -1.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
  8. I'm kinda in the middle for this idea after reading all of the replies. I personally love having music in the hub because it brightens up the lobby but I do see how it would become less special over time, which is why it's a nice touch to the events we bring out. I wouldn't mind having permanent hub music but I don't see it being a priority by any means, will definitely bring it up in the next batch of ideas we forward to production. We'll see what they think!

To those commenting about how it's annoying though, there's a pref to disable it which may or not be working at this time. If implemented we'd fix that issue so that you guys can have the option to hear the music or not.

Posted Sep 30, 2019
    Jango_55, AyyNick and TooMuchXMas4You like this.