• 826 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2784 Players Online
  • 1958 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

People with range hacks annoying you.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by bluebadger11, Apr 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Isn't it just annoying when you think that somebody has range, but you can't report them because you are not quite sure? This bugs me a lot because it makes me feel like I'm terrible at pvp, and makes the game not very fair. Do any of you guys have the same problem or am I the only one?

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  2. Well Quality Assurance has to ban for reach, so the process is quite tedious if you do actually find someone- not that they're uncommon by any means. And I don't think there's a proper reporting system for it? I could be wrong. Maybe you can forward it to QA some way and have them investigate on their own time.

Posted Apr 29, 2019
    RedditCredit and Wiz_Techno like this.
  3. There seem to be quite a few people with reach that slip by reports because only QA can ban, which I find a bit annoying. If there was a way to improve catching these certain people i’d love to have that

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  4. Competitive players using reach is normal now in my opinion, but I feel that QA should push harder to get these people banned and enforce the "No cheating" rule better. This is why I stopped playing Cake Wars, because of the number of cheaters it had and it bugged me. It can be annoying but all you can really do is record it and report it on the forums or find QA in Staff Request.

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  5. Even though people in QA have the ability and responsibility to ban reach hackers, their main job is to assure quality, and they are not always there to help you. If you ever have problems with a reach hacker, you could try the staff request community and ask if there is any QA online to help with your situation, but I doubt it will work. Try 2v1 on the suspected player.

Posted Apr 29, 2019,
    Last edited May 25, 2019
  6. Punishing for reach is extremely tedious as only Quality Assurance can punish for it. The reason for this is because it can be quite difficult to detect reach, and if we let regular staff members ban for it I’d imagine there’d be a lot of false bans. Currently there really isn’t much you can do for reach hackers at the moment, but if you want to try and get them banned, you could always go to the StaffRequest community (/com join StaffRequest) and see if a member of QA is online. But other than that, there really isn’t much you can do for reach at the moment, unless there is some sort of change to the rule and how it’s handled in the future.

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  7. Reach is playing with fire, as they could be lagging or it just might be legit, but not look right. As it was said above from xUmbreon, a Mod, either /report them in-game if it is obvious reach or go to the StaffRequest community.

Posted Apr 29, 2019
  8. It is very difficult to tell if a rule-breaker was actually using reach or not. As I am a staff member, I always have to check carefully whether they are breaking the rules that is intentional. The regular staff member will not punish anyone for using the reach. Only the members of the Quality Assurance team can allow punishing someone for using reach if it turns out to be real.

If you believe that someone was using reach in-game, you can always report to the Quality Assurance in Staff Request com. You are also welcome to message them on the forums, or on the Mineplex Discord too. Keep in mind that this will take time to respond back to you.

Posted May 7, 2019
  9. The problem with reach is, it's honestly really hard to catch. So there really not much Mineplex can do about it.

Posted May 19, 2019
  10. I feel you man, closet cheating is way too much of a common occurrence as it is right now, and I would really like to see something be done to combat it. It's becoming almost as commonplace as the b-hoppers.

Posted May 19, 2019
    Starx280 and Vqsa like this.
  11. As said above, closet cheating is almost the new meta for competitive Minecraft, and honestly, it's pretty sad. I think it would be a lot easier to ban these cheaters if all staff could ban for reach, I don't see why only QA members have those perms.

Posted May 19, 2019
    Starx280 and Vqsa like this.
  12. Just call QA lol

Posted May 25, 2019
  13. Just calling quality assurance doesn't work. Consider the fact that there are only 11 members on QA and they are split among bedrock and java, plus the fact that Dean and Artix never jump on the server because dev/admin stuff and the people on the team have other responsibilities in and out of Mineplex. Saying this means you are counting on the really small chance that 3 or 4 people will be on the server to satisfy your needs instead of the 1k other players or their own. Plus the process is very boring and long to actually ban one of these suspected hackers. All in all, its not gonna work.

Posted May 25, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  14. Please also consider the fact QA’s main job is not to ban reachers. It is a side job entrusted to them because of their ability to view GWEN logs for reach. From a QA themselves they said they may not respond to reach requests because they have other things to do and banning people with reach 24/7 would be unproductive.

Posted May 25, 2019
    Snowwii likes this.
  15. I also will stop if players keep doing this! UGH

Posted May 25, 2019
  16. Reach is not that hard to detect, normal reach is 3 blocks. It's easy to find someone using reach. Mods should be able to ban for reach. They're might be false bans but they can always appeal it. They could also work on GWEN to detect reach. Come up with a log system and have mods check logs. It isn't hard to do that. Look at the potpvp servers, they can check logs to look for autoclicking and reach.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  17. I agree, but to a certain extent. Yes, reach is blatant when someone cranks up their reach to four blocks, but when they set it to 3.1-3.4 blocks, it can be tough to detect due to it being such a small distance which could vary with their ping. If reach is so simple to detect, all staff members would be able to ban for it, not just Quality Assurance.

False bans will occur from time to time, but just banning someone because you "think" they're reaching and don't have actual evidence that they are, then way too many false bans would occur. That's almost as if you ban an account for hacking, then if you see an account that has a similar name to it log in, you automatically ban it because you "think" that it's an alt of a punished user, but it could just be a player with a similar name or a friend.
    As far as I know, there aren't any dedicated developers working on GWEN, but there is now a job opening on the jobs page for an anticheat developer. I would like to see GWEN improvements as well, but only time will tell.

I also am frustrated with how players that have reached for so long haven't been punished. These players are getting away with hacking because only a certain Sr. Mod team can punish for it and it's tough to gain solid evidence for it. I would like to see more players punished for this, but that's up to QA to deal with them.

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  18. There is the pvp tech called the 8 block though... catching reach would be crazy hard

Posted Jun 12, 2019