• 1413 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7132 Players Online
  • 5719 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned People that got muted;

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by yulufi / Sean, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyo fellow mineplexians!
    So basically the point of this thread, is to somewhat, make muted people feel a bit more comfortable (dont take this the wrong way :squint:)
    So you know when you randomly run into a hacker in cake wars for example: And you're muted. If you've had that experience, it is very painful. So I'm trying to say that you should let muted people communicate for assistance, in ./a . I know the whole point of a mute is to not speak because of General Rudeness, Filter Bypass etc.. but I don't see why they don't deserve the same gameplay as others. I mean it isn't the fairest of ideas, for muted people to not ask for assistance But then again, I guess they could trash talk in ./a so I really don't know... Let me know what you think and please don't start a flamewar in this thread. It's just an idea, don't take it too personal and just comment what you think!
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  2. I can see the reasoning for this, but I also think that not being able to communicate for help adds on to the punishment- making it "uncomfortable" as possible incentivizes muted players to avoid making those chat infractions. Another issue is that if someone does use this to harass staff in /a, theres not much the staff would be able to do about it due to the mutes not having any affect on that channel. Unless a rule is added that perhaps lets staff ban for that kind of harassment, I don't think this would be a good idea.

Also /a really isn't going to help 99% of the time. It only communicates to staff already in your game, so unless you got them in your lobby already it's gonna be pretty useless. I recommend just reporting (/ or forums, though / doesn't get answered half the time in my experience) or possibly alting through the mute if the hackers are that much of a problem.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  3. I do not think they should have that privilege because they were muted for a reason, breaking the rules. I think they should serve there punishment and not be able to speak or communicate at all. Also they could still report the player.
    Have a nice day!!

Posted Jan 11, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 11, 2020
  4. Hey! I personally do not think muted players should have the ability to do this. As stated above, they were obviously muted for a reason, so why should they be able to speak what-so-ever. If they do fine someone cheating or breaking the rules in general, they can report them.
    Have a good day!

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  5. I disagree. While I agree that being muted can be quite frustrating, allowing muted players to talk in /a would still enable people to continue breaking rules, with no way to stop or counter it. In fact, it is possible to be muted by breaking rules via /a, even if regular players won't see the message. Without restricting access to /a to muted players, they might continue breaking rules there. Players who require assistance can always forward their issue on to the appropriate places outside of in-game, so I do not see the need to allow the use of /a for muted players.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  6. And what if they dont have Hero+

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 11, 2020
  7. Posted Jan 11, 2020
  8. I meant reporting them on the forums.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  9. I don't think this should be implemented. Like @AceSJus has said it's possible to get muted for breaking a rule in /a. If this was added and muted people were able to use /a they would just continue breaking the rule that they were muted for. If that did happen there wasn't a point of muting them in the first place. Also, /a isn't the only way to contact a staff member, for example, a muted member could message me on the forums, discord, etc... You also said yourself the point of a mute is not letting the muted person be able to talk in the chat.

Therefore, I don't agree with this suggestion.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  10. I believe the previous responses have good points towards this idea, but I wanted to make another point or two to add unto the discussion.

I understand your idea with /a, but /a only contacts the staff members that are currently in your lobby. If you're in a Cake Wars game and use /a to report a hacker, a staff member will not be able to see unless they're playing the game or just in the lobby in general. Along with that, it has previously been mentioned that the player may use /report. It's important to remember that you need a rank to use this command, but typically players who play often enough, muted or not, will have a rank to show dedication to the server.

The player muted is reaping the consequences to their own actions. In my opinion, having access to /a gives them a chance to put down the staff member in their lobby and fight against their punishment. I don't believe muted players will use /a correctly and rather get them "in trouble" all over again by breaking the same rule or another chat offence.

Posted Jan 11, 2020
  11. Hello,

There are many negatives and positives towards this idea but I'll start with the positives. Firstly, if we were to allow muted players to request assistance and use staff communicating chats such as /a to request for assistance it could be very helpful. Even though they violated a rule it doesn't mean they can't help enforce other rules such as removing cheaters, I personally find it much easier to use /a and /report instead of going onto the forums and reporting someone with screenshots and recordings, etc so I reckon this could be a good idea.

Unless onto the negatives. People could abuse being able to communicate with staff using /a by verbally abusing staff members, they could harass staff on and on without them being able to mute them or anything. Which sadly, brings down this idea. If the development team could implement some type of command when there's a normal punishment mute then create a request mute or something which is an extension to the normal mute which doesn't allow them to request assistance from staff members in-game. Which could hopefully bring up this idea and make it more better.

Yours Sincerely,

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  12. Hey there!

As @AceSJus mentioned, players can get punished for breaking rules in /a. If this was to get implemented, players that get punished for breaking a rule in /a would still be able to continue breaking the rules in /a which can be problematic. Furthermore, as @honeuy | liv said, /a would only contact staff members that are in your lobby, meaning if you were in CW4-2, only staff members that are in this exact lobby would be able to read your message if you posted it.

There are other methods of reporting a rule breaker. Some have been mentioned above such as /report (Hero+) and through gathering evidence and reporting the possible offender at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. Due to these factors, I'd have to deny this idea and mark it as "Not Planned", if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    itsLuhi likes this.
  13. You could make muted players capable of talking in /a and add a rule where you can get banned for the same duration of your mute if you break chat rules in /a. on a unrelated topic, Muted Mps Hosts should be able to use /bc! That’s just my opinion though.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.