• 3266 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12296 Players Online
  • 9030 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned People leaving cake wars midgame

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ccnick6, Oct 6, 2019.

?

Should there be some effort to fix this problem?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I Dont Play Cake Wars So I Dont Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loads of people will just get into a game then leave for whatever reason and it irritates loads of good people who take this game seriously. This isnt fair to players in cake wars because every team will have 4ish people then one team will be stuck with 1 person because the other 3 were partied and left. Now even if this last person leaves it still makes the game faster and not as competitive. I personally think this ruins the game because it takes the fun out of it being so intense against 3 other teams. Most people complain "SnOwBaLlS aRe ToO oP" but that isnt true because there are so many counters to them, yes they are good but ive seen loads of players with 3k+ wins be using the builder kit because it is just super good too but, no one seems to talk about how every single game atleast 1 person leaves right as the game starts. There should be some type of cooldown or penalty for leaving while you still have a cake. Thoughts?

NoHateJustCake

-ccnick6

Posted Oct 6, 2019
  2. It would be hard to do something about this since we have the rejoin function.
    What if a player (that has a cake) gets disconnected for whatever reason. Shouldn't that player be able rejoin?

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    AtmosFox likes this.
  3. Hey!
    Personally I can't support this idea for a couple of reasons. One being what if I have to leave to go do something like go to a birthday party and my cake is still in the game and I get offline. It would suck to come back from that party with a penalty for leaving the game early when I had no other option. I also don't like this idea because it would be a very hard thing to keep track off penalty wise. I hate when people leave games early but it is just part of the game and something we are going to have to live with at this point. I just think there is more negatives then positives coming from this idea and that's why I'm going to have to say -1. Mostly for the reason of some people have legit reasons to leave so it would be unfair to penalize them or put a cool down timer on them. Thanks for the idea though!

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  4. Hey!

I would like to start by saying I disagree with this idea, and I do not see it being implemented ever. There are just too many reasons that would cause an arise in issues if this was to be implemented. Have a read over at THIS thread, which is a discussion regarding a penalty for leaving the temporary Area 51 game early (this thread is still applicable for your suggestion, it's just being discussed about a different game mode which doesn't make much difference).

There is one underlying reason why I disagree with this being implemented. It is almost impossible to play Minecraft and avoid having your game crash, your internet restart, or something urgent in your life come up. Eventually, one of these instances will occur where you will have to leave the game early or may be forced to leave the game when really you did not want to. I can almost know that you have probably experienced something like this in the time you have played MC, and if you haven't, I'm sure you will eventually, it's inevitable. These players may seem like they are trying to ruin the game for others by leaving early, but they have no malicious intent if you think about it, they just generally have something urgent to take care of, or simply their game/internet crashed. Of course yes, some people do have an intent to annoy others, but it would be impossible to separate them from the players who actually need to leave the game for a justified reason.

I can definitely recall a number of times where I've left a game early. My computer has crashed before, my WiFi crashes quite often actually, I have been called by my parents to go out for dinner, and many other different scenarios. Because of this main issue, I do not see Mineplex considering implementing this ever. Players would get extremely frustrated if they have a bad internet connection for example and they are constantly being punished for something that isn't their fault. This will cause them to not enjoy Mineplex at all since all of their hard work is being ruined because they had to leave a game for whatever reason.

Trust me, I know exactly where you are coming from with this issue, we all experience it, every one of us. Unfortunately though, there is no simple fix, and although there may be some fixes that could be brainstormed, this one in my opinion doesn't make the cut. Thank you so much for suggesting this, I hope my feedback was helpful to you.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    Goudge ✦ likes this.
  5. hey bro it sucks that people leave the games but heres a solution: KEEP PLAYING

WHO THE HECK CARES MOVE ON

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  6. I totally sympathize with your frustration over players leaving the game early; it can certainly be unfair to players who are left without many teammates. However, I definitely have to disagree with wanting to implement some time of penalty or cooldown for players who do this.

First of all, I think it's important to remember that it's just a game. While I definitely appreciate the competitive spirit that many Cake Wars players have, I don't think it's the best idea to take it overly seriously, as it will only lead to more frustration.

As @AyyNick put nicely above, there is a multitude of reasons that someone may prematurely leave a game. Not everyone that leaves early is trying to ruin the game, troll, or have any type of malicious intent. Personally, I can remember many times that I have had to leave a Cake Wars game early due to being called for dinner, having to restart my game, or having to attend to my staff responsibilities. I would not have been happy if I had incurred some type of punishment as a result, and I know most people feel the same way.

I also know that some very competitive players leave games right at the start if they feel threatened by other teams and don't want to lose their win streaks. While some people might disapprove of this tactic, it is still a fair strategy in my opinion and should not be penalized.

Overall, I totally understand where you're coming from, however I do not think that penalizing players who do this is an appropriate or realistic option.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    jacvb likes this.
  7. Hey!
    Yea, I understand how most cake war players absolutely hate it when players leave the game! However, I also have to disagree on this suggestion. Even though some cake war players are really competitive and think that players should be punished for leaving, you have to keep in mind that these people have lives outside of Mineplex! You shouldn't be punished for just leaving the game.
    Have a good day!

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  8. I have seen a few threads suggesting something similar to this. Unfortunately as mentioned above, I don't think Mineplex will be able to do anything about people leaving early. If some sort of punishment was introduced, it wouldn't be fair on those who disconnect because of internet issues, emergencies or pretty much any other reason aside from trolling. It would also be very hard to determine if someone was leaving on purpose and could result in many false punishments. Overall, I appreciate you taking the time to make this thread, but I'm going to have to disagree. -1

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  9. I really understand your frustration about this, and an idea that may be a solution, is to create "Cakewars Competetive", where you can have different Competetive ranks, and you can rankup to a higher rank if you're winning a lot in this game.

Maybe it wouldn't be played that much so it would be worth it, but it's just a suggestion.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  10. I can definitely agree that it's frustrating to lose your team mates this way. However, we have to also consider that it may not always be the player(s) fault for leaving the lobby. They may have bad internet connection to the server and crash or they may have an emergency that they need to leave for. I don't think that adding a penalty to leaving the lobby early would be fair to those players. Especially for those with poor connection, they are likely to come back shortly afterwards and it would be unfair to prevent them from playing the game.

Maybe we could consider giving a slight buff to players when team mates leave. Something like resources generating more quickly could help become more geared and give the remaining player(s) at least a chance to fight against other teams. I believe the more gear you have, the better you are going to be able to defend yourself from those with more team mates, so that could be a solution.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  11. I don't play cake wars but I play bedwars and it's frustrating to have people leave. I don't think mineplex will have any kind of punishment since it's not a competitive game, unlike games like league of legends or csgo which are competitive and have a punishment for leaving games. A solo mode would be nice so you don't have to deal with leavers but unfortunately mineplex isn't popular enough to have a new mode.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  12. No, I don't think they should do anything about it, and even if they did, what would be implemented? Gems would be taken away? It's not like they can stop players from leaving. Say there's a party of four and they didn't all get on the same team. In that case of course they would leave. A lot of people most likely have a steak in the game and don't want to lose it to another team. That isn't so complex to understand. I personally play with teams like this all the time. We leave because we have a 10 streak and don't want to lose it. Overall I think it's just a bad idea. -1

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  13. I dont agree, we shouldnt get more stuff because other players leave. I have won many 1v4v4v4 games its just annoying

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 7, 2019
  14. I agree, is there a way to get a rejoin function so if a friend disconnects they could rejoin through you?

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  15. Honestly they deserted the team, they should be warned the first time then banned.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  16. no lol that wasnt my point, just a 2 min cooldown

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 7, 2019
  17. This is not how the rules work, or should ever work. As stated in many of the responses to this thread, there are a lot of non-malicious reasons why someone may prematurely leave a game. To start punishing players for this (with warnings/bans) would be ridiculous and beyond unfair.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    jacvb and NickInMyPocket like this.
  18. Hello,

Thank you for taking some times out of your day to write us some feedback about the changes that you would like to see implemented into Cake Wars. However, at this time, we will not be giving out punishments for players who chose to leave games in the middle of it.

While I know for sure that I, along with many others, can get quite upset when your teammates leave in the middle of the game, it flat-out is not fair to give them a punishment for leaving the game in the middle of it, and there are many reasonings behind this, too. Let me allow myself to explain just a few of them.

First up, we are human beings. Nobody is perfect, and because of this, we cannot expect our players to be either. If someone joins in a Cake Wars game expecting to be gone within 20 minutes, but underestimated the time it takes and needs to leave after the game surpasses 25 minutes (even though this is after cake rot, the same logic still applies), we physically cannot punish them, as it is not something that they can control easily. Just because someone upset you by leaving the game since they did not know how long they would take is not a reason to give someone a punishment from a game.

Secondly, there are many factors that would go into this that you cannot control. Things like you WiFi cutting out or lagging out of the game are things that we would never chose to happen, but they are things that do happen to our players on a regular basis. It simply is not fair to them to not let them continue to play the game when they get back on, as we cannot know if they purposely left the game to make someone upset or if they left because of an uncontrollable factor.

Lastly, when you say the word "Punish," it is an extremely broad term. We will not be enforcing punishments like bans on players because they left a game; that's a silly thing to do and would result in many appeals for false punishments, especially since seeing a punishment message pop up when you attempt to join the server that says something along the lines of "You have been banned for x days due to leaving Cake Wars" is not something that would please me, so I do not see other players approving of this. You said that there could be a cool down for getting into a game again, but the same thinking still applies; players should not be not allowed to play games because they needed to leave one, and we will not be putting this into place. It's simply the correct thing for us to do on our part. If you have any more questions, send me a PM.

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    gzen and nolawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.