• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6076 Players Online
  • 3186 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Pencil?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by extrememobs2002, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Sorry for another thread, but I've constantly noticed that some people draw pencils when the word isnt even close to that and then they claim that they saw pencil as the word which I believed at first, but now I guess they are trolls. I'm just wondering why people do this and it's just a weird occurrence that happens every game I play.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  2. As someone who's played a lot of DMT, I have definitely come across people who do the same thing, although I don't think the majority of players are doing it to troll. With the texture pack enabled, the iron sword is replaced with a pencil, so when that item is selected it will say "pencil" at the bottom of the screen. It does the same thing with other items, such as the circle tool. My guess is that players (especially newer ones) see the word "pencil" and think that's the word they need to draw. I do sometimes wonder if there's possibly a clearer way to display the word to the drawer because whilst I wouldn't say this happens every game (not for me at least), it does happen occasionally.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Audxrey, xGetRekted and CrazyOfTim like this.
  3. Yeah I was also thinking that and I have realized that a lot of low level players do this so it's probably getting confused with the texture pack.

What I suggest is put the word right in the center of the screen so it isnt trapped in the chat because people that haven't played this yet won't know where to look.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  4. i've seen this happen too! i've played my fair share of dmt with my friends in calls who are new to the game and have also drawn pencils thinking it was the word when they were just confusing it with the item in hand.

Posted Apr 12, 2020
  5. I'm in support of this. In Master Builders the theme is shown this way, can't it be added to Draw My Thing as well?

Posted May 28, 2020
    affinity0 likes this.
  6. Hey there!

I have played draw my thing now and then and I have come across this. When they draw this and I ask them, they say that their word given was ‘pencil’, when it wasn’t. I’m just guessing it’s a glitch as I get 6 letters shown on my screen and pencil has 6 letters too. In my opinion, there is signs of a glitch. I might report this ‘bug’

Posted May 28, 2020
  7. Hi! There is actually no need to report this bug, as it is not a bug. It's just a bad game design. The real issue with pencil is that it's the name of the "pencil" tool in the game, so when someone is drawing and they have it selected, it will say "pencil" above the hot bar. Since that's probably the first word they see, they think that it's the word that have to draw. They don't yet know to look in chat. It's a common mistake lol

Posted Jun 2, 2020