• 360 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2939 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Party Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by vezay, Oct 4, 2019.

?

Do you like my idea?

1. Yes

90.5%
  2. No

9.5%
  1. Hello ~~~

I'm suggesting that Mineplex should add a Party View. (or something like that) I'd like to have this "Party View" so before you join a party you can have the option to view who is in the party. It's not necessary, but I can see it being convenient. Here are some examples I can see it being helpful for some people :

1: If you join a friend's lobby and someone parties you and you gotta ask your friend if he/she is in the party. I think it would be helpful to be able to view the party before you join so you can know if you know anyone in the party.

2: If you don't like a certain person in the party, or you don't wanna play with those people you can view the party instead of messaging the leader who's in there.

There aren't really any big reasons to do this, except it can be a little convenient. I just think it'd be nice to do this small thing for parties so it can be a little more helpful for players. I know you can just join the party and see who's in the party and just leave if you don't like the people in there, but if you are in a separate lobby then you'll get tp'ed to their game. I would just like to know what you guys think about this small idea. :)

Edit: You can only view the party if they invite you to the party. This makes it so you can't just view someone's random party. So like when someone parties you and you'll see Accept / Deny / View.

Posted Oct 4, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 4, 2019
  2. Hey!

I feel this idea is gonna be very useful if it was implemented,Let's just hope it does.
    +1

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  3. Hi!

I sort of agree with this.
    I agree with: Yes, when someone invites you to a party and you don't know who it is, then you need to ask that person if you are in the party with them, or know them. I had to do that a ton, trust me.

I don't agree with: What if someone asks you to invite you to the party, and they just see who is in your party? What if they start to spam excessively? That can equal easy spamming and breaking rules through messages. Yes, you can always report them, but it make take over hours for it to get accepted or denied with evidence.

I sort of think of it being implemented, but it could also lead to major problems.
    Have a good rest of your day/night!

Posted Oct 4, 2019

4. Hello ~~~

I don't 100% know what you mean, but if you mean what if they see someone they know in the party and they spam to be invited? I think you should only be able to view the party if the person invites you. If the person is spamming you just /ignore (username) or you can report them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
    kctie1234 likes this.
  5. I'm not quite sure what the "major problem" is that @Knazamn was trying to describe. This feature wouldn't make spamming any easier or more likely, and spamming is still punishable.

About the idea, I really like it! This would be a small QoL change, but I think it would be very useful. It's not completely necessary as there are other options, such as leaving the party if you don't like the players, or asking your friend if they are in the party you got invited to, but this would be more helpful! I don't really see any downsides. Nice job on thinking of a unique idea that would be really positive! +1

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  6. I think that this is a great QoL change that I would love to see implemented. It will definitely help out with those reasons that you mentioned in your posts and it can also help if you're looking for a strong Cake Wars party to join. It's very frustrating when you're looking for a Cake Wars party to hopefully carry you, someone parties you, and then you find out it was only them in the party. This idea will definitely fix that issue and I would really like to see it implemented. It's a +1 from me

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  7. This is an intelligent change that is easy to implement and saves time. This can help players identify if their friends are in it and/or good players they want to play with. It also sure will help players avoid drama from anyone they find unpleasant being around and/or bad teammates. I also very liked the last paragraph you added to really strengthen your argument as if you get invited, you are leaving your game for a different one. If you do not want to be in that party because of the people, adding a feature to view it would allow you to stay in your game and not abandon your team.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  8. I kind of agree with this subject as well. I understand how parties can be difficult at sometimes while they may seem extremely easy at other times. This could assist with the fact that it could make parties easier for all players of the Mineplex player base. However, there is always a downside to adding something new to anything. The downside to adding this may make the party system more complex and confusing for newer players to the party system. I, myself don't really party with my piers or fellow players that much but when I used to party it could seem easier or harder at different times depending on the situation.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. As mentioned above, I think this would be a decent QoL addition. It would take away the awkwardness of having to come up with an excuse when you leave a party because you don't like the other players. Overall, seems like a convenient addition and it's a +1 from me.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    vezay and _Prof_ like this.
  10. Hey!

This would be awesome to add in. It would benefit the community as a whole. Being able to see who is in a party before actually joining would help a lot of us out. If someone that was annoying or someone that is mean to you is in that party, you would already know by checking so you don't have to join to see. You could also see if someone is lying to you. If they say it is only them and one other person, you can check to make sure. I like the idea that you gave where it says "Accept / Deny / View". That would be best in my opinion for how this should be displayed. This idea would also fix the awkwardness that might occur when you join a party and want to leave for any reason. This is all I have to say for this suggestion, but it is a good one! I definitely give it a +1! Thank you for suggesting this!

Posted Oct 4, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  11. Hi!

I really enjoy this idea and wish something like this existed. Whenever I join a friend who has a random party, I like to see who's in the party or how many people are in it before I join it. +1 for sure.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  12. Hey!

I really like this idea! I do agree with you that it is not necessary to be, but I also agree with you that it can be useful for some of the situations that you have described. There have been times in the past when I would get an invite to a party after saying that I would like to play with a friend, but they were not the owner of the part so I did not know who it was coming from. By adding this in, I think that it would allow for these situations to become nonexistent, since it would directly eliminate why/how this is occurring. Overall, I really like the idea of this!

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  13. Hello ~~~

I personally don't think it would be hard to understand for new players since it's very self explanatory. The example I gave above said " So when someone parties you, you have the option to do Accept / Deny / View." I don't think it's that hard to get an idea of what that means.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
    kctie1234 likes this.
  14. Hi!
    I actually really like this idea! It’s been nicely structured and I’m sure it’ll be a good QoL update. Definitely people want to know who all is in the party and not join and then leave. I love how you gave the “Accept / Deny / View” suggestion too!

This should definitely be added to bedrock also!

+1 from me!

:mineplex:

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  15. Well when I’m invited to a party I generally know who’s inviting me otherwise I don’t answer. But it would be helpful for people who aren’t Iike me in that way. But sure, it could be helpful. It’s not really necessary for me or a major problem but it’d be a neat little QoL update.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  16. +1

Posted Oct 17, 2019
  17. Hey!

This is a great idea! I've always wanted to check who many players are actually in my party, especially when you're playing Halloween Havoc, and you got to have 4 players.

Overall, great suggestion, and I really hope that this will be implemented! Tbh, I don't know why it's not been already implemented!

+1

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  18. Heyo!

Great idea, I've also wondered about this since I've been invited to parties with players I'd rather not be around so this is a smart way to avoid that!

+1 From Me Pal!

Posted Oct 17, 2019
  19. hiyo! I really like this idea! I like to know who's in the party before I join, and this idea solves my problem. thank you for suggesting!!

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    _Prof_ and vezay like this.
  20. Heyo!

I think this would be a nice little change to the parties, though there already is a way to check this once you're in the party, it would still be a nice edition to have it say that in chat to know what you're getting into. I think it would be best put onto a player's screen with it being "Accept / Deny / View", but any way it is set up, I would be happy with. The only small issue I could see with this being implemented is players accidentally inviting the wrong person, then having people being able to see who is in their party. At the end of the day, that's ultimately the leaders fault, and I don't think it would prove to be as big of an issue it's made out to be. Overall, I'll leave this at a +1 as it would be a nice addition to see implemented. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 18, 2019