• 322 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4668 Players Online
  • 4346 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Party Issues: Joining Games

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by 73GG, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A recurring issue that I have noticed when playing in a party of 2 or more people is the inability to join game lobbies.

I believe this issue stems from "rank priority" queuing, where players with ranks will get accepted into a game lobby faster than that of players with no ranks. While this is a good feature and benefit of purchasing a rank, I have found that once the priority ranks get moved into a lobby that rank-less players were queuing for, the rank-less players then get removed from the queue altogether.

This issue is then made worse by the fact that once being kicked from the queue, when rejoining, you are continuously removed from queue over and over again each time the lobby you are queuing for is filled. This bug makes it impossible for the party to join a lobby without disbanding and having an individual join a lobby alone and the party then following behind.

Furthermore, often when leaving a game with the usual: /leave command the same issue becomes apparent when trying to queue and rejoin a lobby of the same game.

I have only tested this with the Super Smash Mobs minigame which only requires a lobby of either 4 or 6 and I don't know if this issue is apparent in larger lobby games such as: Cakewars. Nonetheless, it is an irritating bug that I feel needs more attention and needs to be fixed as it can affect players wanting to use the party feature.

Posted Sep 16, 2020
  2. Holaa, thanks for bringing attention to this!
    I currently am unsure if this is a known bug or issue, it most likely is though if it happens regularly.
    Sometimes it does happen where you get removed from the queue, I don't believe that it is a rank issue. To fix I normally leave the server and come back or join a different Lobby.

To try and make your issue better known, the General Idea Discussion isn't the place to report a bug and should be reported more appropriately on the Support section of the forums. Don't forget to provide your evidence along with creating the report (:
    I can provide a link that will send you directly to our bugs section if you would like to report this issue.
    If you have anymore questions, feel free to respond back to me!
    <3
    Here: mineplex.com/bugs

Posted Sep 16, 2020
  3. Hey!

I've encountered this bug myself too. I've also noticed sometimes a bug similar to this will happen especially if the said player who can't join has a rank such as Immortal but went from a no rank to immortal. Sometimes It'll see the player with Immortal as a no rank still and therefore won't allow you to join, thus, making the prioritization for that player obsolete.

I do agree that it is a bug. The queueing system has been known to bug out from time to time, other times doing /hub also won't work and you'll have to either give someone else party leader, or disband the party, then do /hub, and form the party again. I'm pretty sure the staff team are aware of it as I've seen others talk to staff about it before. All we can do now is hope it'll be patched soon.

Posted Sep 16, 2020
  4. I will go ahead and forward it as a bug now. One thing worth mentioning is that relogging unfortunately does not solve the issue nor does disbanding the party and reinstating a new party leader.

The only reason I speculate that is to do with rank priorities is because the issue only occurs when I queue with my rank-less friend - I of course being rank-less as well.

Will go ahead with submitting the report!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2020
    Polar8 and Koxuh like this.
  5. Moved to Server Discussion

Didn't fit in Idea Discussion and doesn't really fit anywhere else either since it is a bug thread. You seem to have already submitted the bug through the bugs page, so this thread doesn't serve a use anymore. Message me with questions and concerns you may have and this will be locked.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    CookieBilly, 73GG and Paladise like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.