• 1758 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6650 Players Online
  • 4892 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Party Hubs

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Acerna, Mar 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Thanks to the new queuing method, it is easy to get to games and the teleporting is fast. I've been playing in a party recently and I thought it would be more convenient to have a private party hub that a player in a party goes to after they die, or are waiting for a game. Instead of porting to a lobby, they would go to the party hub and choose from there

It could be almost like an MPS server, where you can choose the game and start it when everyone is ready, but instead have the player in the party hub be able to pre-que, so that once the other members die or the game ends and they go to the party hub, the que will immediately start without having to select it after. Another thing is that if you are teleported to the party hub, the player may choose to watch the game or wait in the mini hub.

This is just an idea that could be expanded on or denied, but I'd thought I would share to see if it is supported or not

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  2. There's a preference that will put you into a game when you die and it wont send you back to the hub. You can also queue for games the same way in a normal lobby, so what exactly is the difference I'm missing?

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  3. That is an interesting idea that you have! It is nice to have their own party hub, so they can queue the game easily. However, it will take Developer’s time to implement the new feature. I do not see that it is necessary to add.

Overall, I do not feel like it doesn’t need to implement with another feature soon.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    Kollu and Acerna like this.
  4. I will look into ways of managing something similar without bothering the developers, and search through prefs to find a way that suits my basic idea for myself/to solve it. Thank you for letting me know and replying

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 17, 2019
  5. Hi There!
    I do like this idea, maybe it could be quite a colorful hub, I'm talking glitter-balls and things, to make the party Mineplex experience feel that little bit more special. No, it wouldn't be a top priority to implement this as @Marzie has stated above, but we've already proven that custom lobbies can be implemented in an MPS-style fashion, I see no problem in why this can't be implemented for party groups.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
    ~DuvL_ and Acerna like this.
  6. Hmm, this seems like a lot of development for a little bit of actual use. Good idea though!

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  7. interesting..

Posted Mar 18, 2019
  8. It seems like a cool idea, but I don't think this would be something that would be definitely be needed on the network, but an idea to have in the back of your mind. Personally, I wouldn't care if we had it or not since It doesn't bother me as much.

Posted Mar 19, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  9. As @Marzie said there's already a preference which does a similar task, except I would agree it doesn't allow you to play other games, so it's not always useful. Although having a private lobby would be cool, I personally don't think this is gonna work out very well. Party hubs would mean more servers running, which wouldn't be great on a financial point of view. A lot of people play in a party, at peak time this could lead in up to 100+ extra servers opened... which aren't even used to play games!

However, what could be done is adding only one extra server which could look similar to the pre-game lobby island, except whenever a party joins, a new island generates itself for the party. A bit like the pref to hide others in the hub, party members could only see themselves in tab and see party members' chat (even if it's not using @). I kinda feel like this could work somewhat well however I'm not sure this server could hold too much players (I remember back when CS was still around, with 80+ people everyone's ping would be higher than a few thousands... this still happens occasionally in lobby-1). 2-3 of these servers might be needed if this is a problem.

I'd say +0.5 for this idea as it would be cool to see around, but it's definitely not a priority!

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  10. Hey Hqzardous,
    I kind of like the sound of this idea. It really fits in with the whole party queue and party theme on the mineplex server. Hope this gets implemented, considering there are other projects getting put into place, we don't know how long it will be for the mineplex to implement it into the game. Again, I like the sound of this! It really suits.
    Thanks,
    SmokingIsBad4U

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    Callum5771 and Acerna like this.
  11. Hii! This idea definitely interests me. The vast majority of the time I spend playing on the server is in a party, and it might be cool to have separate/fun sort of hub. As a lot of people have said, it does seem somewhat small in the grand scheme of things and maybe the time it would take to develop surpasses its demand. However, it is definitely a cool idea, and I can really only see the dev time as a downside.

Have a nice day!

~mary

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    Acerna and Callum5771 like this.
  12. Pretty interesting idea! I can see a lot of cool things done to the party hub, for example making it party-themed as someone stated above. When I do play games, it’s usuallt in a party, so I think that this would be a pretty nice touch.

The only problem is that it’s not that big of an update, and if this were to be added to the update list it probably won’t be pushed for a while. Developers have more important projects to work on, so this would only take time out of their busy schedules.

However, if the time can be made, I definitely think that this would be a good idea.

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  13. For a party hub, I'm thinking of something very colorful and some disco balls. I do like this idea, but I'm not quite sure if it is a top priority for developers to work on this feature. Additionally, there is a fairly decent chance that not a lot of people may actually use this feature, which is overall wasted effort and time. If time allows, maybe the Dev team will consider implementing this.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    Callum5771 likes this.