• 325 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 325 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Party Chat For Bedrock.

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by JetStarglaze, Oct 30, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!

So I was wondering about party chat for bedrock.

I heard that there is a ToS blocking mineplex From doing private messages and party chat.

However, in a multiplayer world there is a /msg /whisper /tell commands which are private messages commands.

So if by default if private messages are enabled, why can't mineplex do it?

It's annoying not to be able to talk exclusively to the people in your party.

It would be much easier to be able to communicate within the party chat.

We can have the reporting system as the same as normal chat reports, screenshots.

Thank you.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Anna ♡ and Believerc like this.
  2. Hi there,

As you pointed out this is indeed due to Microsoft's TOS. In worlds, it's easier to control who is in the world. You normally play with your friends, therefore, there's a minimised chance that you will encounter abusive private messages. On Mineplex though, there's thousands of players online, most of who you won't know. The problem with that is someone might receive an abusive message and not know how to report it, but, if they send a message in public chat it's more likely that someone who sees it will report it. This applies to parties because maybe you'll meet someone on the server, invite them to the party and they turn out to be abusive and some people won't know how to report them.

I agree that private messages and party would be convenient, especially for Moderation purposes but as Bedrock for the most part has a younger audience I doubt this will be added anytime soon.

-MC Minium

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    xstr4fiingx likes this.
  3. Hey, unfortunately, this does indeed violate Microsoft’s ToS. As @MC_Minium pointed out above me, it is much easier to regulate that sort of thing in a world, whereas there are a ton of people in servers. It would be extremely hard to ensure that abusive messages weren’t sent in party chat, and it would be even harder to ensure that they would be reported. Bedrock also does have a younger audience, and a lot of people most likely wouldn’t use party chat if it was there, or would get a ton of hateful messages and not know what to do about it. I do like the idea of being able to have a private chat for parties, but sadly due to the issues I’ve stated, this couldn’t work out. With all that being said, this thread has now been marked as Not Planned and locked. Thank you for suggesting it though!

Posted Nov 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.