• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11499 Players Online
  • 8609 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Party Button on Friend List

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Mini_Alofs, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyyo!

I was wondering, i think there should be a party option on the friend list like under the friend ur hovering on. it would save a lot of time! what ya think

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    xSusieLove, InfiniteLag, tphr and 8 others like this.
  2. Hey!
    I really like this idea. This would save players a lot of time to party friends and could be very useful especially if you're normally typing an impossible username in the ./party command which I have done numerous of times. I don't think this would be too hard to implement and I don't see any negatives to this idea.

+1 idea, useful, easy to implement

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  3. Hey,

I actually really like the sounds of this idea, and am totally in favour of it. When my friends and I come on to play some games and party, we usually don't even meet in the same lobby, someone just invites everyone by hand and we join together that way. It would save that person a lot of typing and a lot of time if they could just hover over the friends list and have an option to Add to Party.

I also believe this is a generally pretty simply command to implement. I'm no coder, but with the party command already present and existing, I don't believe it would be much of a challenge for the developers to add an ability to trigger that command through a GUI in the friends menu. As I believe it is pretty simply to add, I also don't see any negatives out of this idea. With all ideas I try to think of the negatives and why it shouldn't be added, playing devils advocate per say, and for this idea I can't find anything. It's simple enough to implement, would be used largely throughout the server and player base, and there doesn't seem to be any sort of negatives or challenges that come from this.

In the end, I believe this is an amazing QoL update, and would benefit a lot of people, with virtually no negatives coming back. Because of this,
    +1

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Mini_Alofs, Truthhs and 0775 like this.
  4. Heyo!

It kinda depends on the person. Some people might think this idea is cool and would use it all the time, which is a cool idea, but sometimes people have their preferences. This idea overall sounds great, and it would be a nice thing to have for people who don't want to type in the command. There are people who can type very slow, or very fast, so depending on what person you are you might like or dislike this idea. Overall the idea is pretty good, but I don't know if it would be a top priority for the DEV's, but if it is that I'd like to see it added. Great idea, it's a +1 from me. Thanks! Have a great week! :)

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    LazyBrayden and Mini_Alofs like this.
  5. This is a very low priority Quality of Life suggestion but it's very valid and I can see the uses behind it. I can see it encouraging people to play with their friends more and just generally makes it easier to get people in your party, which I really like. Once there is a QoL update coming around I hope that something like this is added! I've added this onto the Ideas Trello Board! :) Thank you.

+1

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  6. Heya

I think this would be a great idea; I have always found it quite annoying to continuously have to use the commands, it'd be pretty convenient to just have to click your friends and it would definitely save more time. Good pitch, I hope it gets considered :)

+1

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Mini_Alofs likes this.
  7. So, I’m not sure what the whole plus one thing is, or how it works, but if I’m allowed to, I would give this idea a plus one. I’m going to try it with my fingers crossed...
    +1

edit: there

Posted Jun 3, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 3, 2020
    Mini_Alofs likes this.
  8. This seems like a good idea and would make it a lot easier to party someone. I would just be scared of myself accidentally partying someone on my friends list i didn't want to party, but that's my problem and i would probably be the only one with it. But except for my fear of me being dumb and accidentally partying someone, this seems like a great idea.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Mini_Alofs likes this.
  9. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion.

This is a viable suggestion and I can see where you are coming from. I can only imagine how useful it would be to start a party, open up your friends list and click on the names of each player you would like to invite. Even though it only takes a few seconds to type each of their names manually, this is still time worth saving. It means you could organise a party within such a short space of time, which I often like to do. I am a pretty spontaneous person and I can see myself using this feature after deciding on the spur of the moment that I would like to play some games. I can send out as many invites as I like, rather than thinking of specific players, and whoever would like to join can do so!

It is also worth considering that there are no downsides to the idea, or at least none I can think of. Not everyone might use it, but it is the same with many features that have been implemented onto the server. It is up to players whether they use it or not, and for those who do, it will certainly benefit them. It would not take long to add this, and it seems it has already been added to the Ideas board by a member of the Ideas Team, which is the beginning of the process.

As long as the idea remains low priority as part of a QoL update, there is no reason why we should not see it on the server in the near future. Thanks for coming up with this suggestion and sharing it with us. Until this is added, I will just have to bear with typing in everyone's username!

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  10. Yo!

I like this idea! Like @HeyItsTay_ stated, it saves a lot of time. Also, to add on to it, a player does not have to just do /party (player) when another player is already in a party! It'll be easier to understand what is going on with your friends!

So +1!

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    MaybeTay (HeyItsTay_) likes this.
  11. Hey there!

This is a pretty epic idea in my opinion! I feel like this can be a good alternative for partying players because you do not have to type out each individual name, players would instead just be able to click on the people they want in their party and voila, they got themselves a party. I think this can be very useful if implemented, great idea! +1

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  12. Yo!

This is a pretty cool idea! It would just be a small addition that will be cool to have. This could really help when your friend has a long IGN that is hard to remember because you can easily party them with this addition! That's all I have to say besides that I give this a +1, thanks for the idea!

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  13. I generally agree with this addition. I think that it would benefit all of us if it was implemented.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  14. Hello there,
    As most people have said, it would definitely be a beneficial shortcut on the server. Is it really needed? Not really, it’s easy enough to /party, but I do appreciate this idea. Nevertheless this is an intelligent idea, and I feel as if it would benefit a lot of individuals among the Mineplex community. For now, I’m happy with using /party (player), but if this was implemented I would use this feature!

Warm wishes,
    BrookMarieXO

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  15. Hey there!
    This seems like a very creative and unique approach to the /friends list. I think at the moment, the friend list is very good and allows players to easily communicate and track friends around the server. I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented at all. The friends list hasn't seen an update in quite a while, in fact, I'm very open to seeing some sort of mild additions being made and yours definitely seem like a pretty simple QoL change that might make a whole lot of difference. Although /z or /party is very easy to use, I think that adding it to your friends list directly would certainly be a good addition. I don't have much to comment on in this case since your thread, although very simple, provides a good amount of detail to what is expected. Do you have any screesnhots that you could provide that may give a visual outlook on how it may be?

Again, very well done idea. I don't have any concerns and I think this would be a pretty fun QoL change seeing the current layout of things. Well done, keep it up! Would love to see more idea-based threads from you! [​IMG]

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  16. I think this idea is a great update I would like to see being added. I think making it more accessible & easier for players to party up & play games is a great idea.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  17. Hey!
    I really like your idea. Yeah, we can add this one in the game. But this won't change anything.
    To get into friend list, you have to type /friend. And to party someone, you have to type /party (username).
    If my estimation is right, it took almost same time to do it. It will be really cool if we add this one, but I don't think players will use this one.
    So, I'll give you +0.
    +0 from me

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  18. hey!

I feel like this is not necessary. Although it would be good if you are trying to have parties with several people, if you are just trying to have a party with one or two people it would be really simple just to use the /party command. Also, we would still have to keep the /party command in case you want to party someone who is not on your friend list. So, I will give this idea a +0 since it would be good for large parties, but otherwise it seems like an unnecessary implementation.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  19. Some of my friends have really long usernames. Example: _______6201954. They have names like that. I always find a way to mess up their IGN so adding this feature would really help me.

+1

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  20. Ill keep my answer short and sweet. This is a great idea, simple yet effective way of making grouping up simpler. I understand some usernames also are long and complex.. this would help simplify the process of adding said person to group I believe. Who doesn't enjoy getting things done simply by the click of the mouse.

Positive idea. Good job!

Posted Jun 4, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.