• 2145 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10583 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Particles when Crouching

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by CowHatake, Sep 17, 2019.

1. My main idea here is that in game modes when you’re crouching your particles will be disabled until you stop crouching. The main reasons is that in some game modes having to crouch to hide from players can be vital and having your particle effect give you away just doesn’t seem fair, simply removing the particles when you crouch seems like the best counter to this issue that I tend to have. (Apart from disabling particles all together obviously)

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  2. Hello! I wanted to point out that this idea was brought up a few weeks ago here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/sneaking.71074/#post-243901

The idea I liked from that thread that is similar to yours but even better (in my opinion) is to have a preference that automatically disables particles when a game starts, and enables the particles when the game is finished. There is no use for particles in-game, and then we wouldn't have to worry about the mechanics of recognizing when someone is shifting, it would just be a blanket disable as soon as the game starts.

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    CowHatake and Heaty like this.
  3. I think the idea of disabling particles before game starts is a better idea because even if they added a check for particles to be removed when shifting, it still would take time for the particles to fade away, which people can still see for a short while.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    CowHatake likes this.
  4. I agree. Particles take a while to disappear and every second counts. I like using particles because they add a bit of flair to your game but they shouldn't hinder gameplay. This is a good idea.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  5. Hey!

There was a thread on this before a while ago, but I like this idea. It is better for this to be added because particles could ruin our chance of winning those type of games. It gives away our location and obviously that isn’t good. But instead of doing the way you said it, for those types of games (like Cake Wars, Sky Wars, Survival Games) the particles disable instantly and won’t be activated until the game is over like @Dulciloquy has said. It is also true that there isn’t any use for particles in those games so might as well do that. I also agree with @Heaty that if your way was added, it would take a little bit for the particles to actually go away, which isn’t a huge problem but it could cause issues. Overall, I give this a +1 but in the way where it takes away the particles before the game starts. Thanks for suggesting this idea!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  6. I would really love to see this implemented as I've personally experienced this issue where I try to hide from a player and they spot me from my particle effects, especially in cake wars when my cake is eaten.

Even though you can disable particles beforehand, some players like to keep their particles on while the game is ongoing and a player can run into this situation where they simply want to hide but can't because their particles would show the enemy where they are. Overall, I give this a +1!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    CowHatake likes this.
  7. Agree with this, methods to quickly disable particles and other cosmetics come up quite frequently. This is definitely an option being discussed. +1 from me

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    CowHatake likes this.
  8. When playing in-game, removing particles (during the game) would slightly deter the desire to unlock these particles in crates. I agree with disabling particles while shifting because usually when you shift, you try to hide and the particles won’t give away your position

I’m giving this a +1
    I’d really like to see this idea implemented!

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    CowHatake likes this.
  9. Maybe then, instead of just removing the particles before the game let there be an option in /prefs where you can toggle it on and off, for those serious players that might want it off, or for people who want to show off their new cosmetics.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 and CowHatake like this.