• 452 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8890 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Parthenon - Hot Potato [Nano]

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by ItzCqnadian, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Finished a smaller map recently and figured I'd share it. It was kinda inspired by the rocky shores of Greece, I hope to travel there one day. I might do some changes here and there before I submit it (also I am adding data points, I don't add them when sharing on here). Hope you like it!

Images -> https://imgur.com/a/0EzrEwV

Posted Sep 25, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  2. I love it! The terrain looks nice, but there are some things missing. Mainly I think there should be some small structures on the islands surrounding the main island such as broken pillars or little platforms to add a bit of detail. Also, I think that the Parthenon building is a little stark and bare compared to the rocks and grass around it.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  3. Heyoo!

This map looks amazing! I love the palette and the dirt patches in some places that gives it some extra detail to the ground. I also enjoy the structure at the middle, but I do think it could use a little more detail and some more blocks instead of using just quartz.

For the terrain and outskirts of the map, it looks great so far! The only thing I would suggest would be some more rocks and tree's around the map, though the space looks great, great map, keep up the good work! Hope to see this map live soon!

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  4. Hey mate!

I really love this map so much! From the great choice of different terrain to the variety of different blocks used, this map is full of detail. I can see you have spent a good amount of time working your build until it's just perfect before sharing it with us. I personally love how you've made some smaller islands instead of one large island, and I also like the structure in the centre of the map.

I get the vibe that this build is very Greek inspired by looking at it. I am actually Greek, and I hope to travel to the Greek islands sometime next year with family, if not then once I am 18, I'd love to visit the beautiful, rocky islands over there. Anyway, your map is great, and the only feedback I have is that you could experiment with putting some quartz structures on the smaller islands, and not just the centre island, this adds further detail and makes the map look more complex.

I would love to see this map on Mineplex's rotation, so first I'd recommend you read the https://www.mineplex.com/threads/map-submissions-guide.4557/]Map Submission Guidelines[/ur] to help you when submitting your map (it provides you all the requirements), and then when you are ready, you can submit your map here. Once again, well done, and I hope to see your map on Mineplex in the near future!

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  5. This map is pretty well built, and I think you excelled in the terrain. It showed a lot of creativity. However, I feel as if having one 'main' building can make the map really boring. An important part of most Hot Potato maps are that there should be multiple running paths, obstacles to make your way around and trick up the players with the hot potato. I think that you should add a couple more things inside of the map to capture that.

Posted Sep 25, 2019