• 2149 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2149 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Parkour Madness

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by SomebodyElse314, Oct 28, 2020.

1. I really like parkour even though I'm horrible at it and I really want a parkour game so here it is!!

Parkour Madness
    By SomebodyElse314

Parkour Madness is a PvP game where you are doing a huge parkour map with 14 other players. You have different spawnpoints. You have wooden axes at the beginning but the higher you get the better it upgrades (stone, iron, gold, diamond, and then a knockback stick). You have a chain chestplate the entire game. You try and knock other players off and be the last player standing.

Posted Oct 28, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 29, 2020
    Believerc likes this.
  2. Yo

Ok so to start off with I exactly like this idea a lot.
    Quick thing tho, netherite can't be a thing cause I don't think the server is a "1.16 server", unlike Galaxy server ite sooo.

Anyways I like this idea a lot lol.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    SomebodyElse314 likes this.
  3. OK I'll delete the Netherite. Maybe replace with a knockback stick.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2020
    iOrangey likes this.
  4. Fixed it!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2020
  5. I think this can be really cool. I am not sure about how would the layout of the maps be, so I assume platforms are scattered throughout the map, and the main goal is something like Spleef.

I think you would need to elaborate on how to recover after getting hit. Air movement in Minecraft isn't something you can fully rely on, and players should possibly get a Double Jump to get back to the stage, albeit contradicting the ideas for parkour.

I would be glad to hear more about the details of the game, including:
    • details of maps, like how big are the platforms and how close are they
    • how to determine which height will give players an upgrade, and whether a downgrade is given when the players falls to a previous height
    • some other mechanics to distinguish this from other slapfish games, and put more emphasis on parkour
    I would leave this as a 0 for now, but I'll closely follow the updates for this idea and give more opinions.

Posted Nov 6, 2020
    SomebodyElse314 and Paladise like this.
  6. I think it should be a first to finish kind of game instead of a last man standing because if it is the last man standing , the game could end in 30 seconds.

Posted Nov 6, 2020
  7. Spawnpoints at opposite corners of map. Bye.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 12, 2020
  8. Wouldn’t that essentially be the same as dragon escape?

Posted Nov 12, 2020
  9. No, the fact that there’s items you can use to knock others off, isn’t remotely close to Dragon Escape. Besides Disruptor which is literally ineffective due to it’s minimized KB. Dragon Escape has a leaping ability which is more to create shortcuts to finish the Map and get ahead of players easier, which from what I have read, this minigame has none of that.

I genuinely like this idea, other than the fact the explanation and kits are very vague, but it’s a good beginning explanation, being try explaining more in depth

Posted Nov 12, 2020
  10. No I meant what the post above describes, with the last person alive.

Posted Nov 12, 2020
  11. I think maybe there would be checkpoints... and if you died lets say 10 times you can't respawn at a checkpoint.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2020