• 880 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2964 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Paintball machine gun

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Korben2005, Nov 10, 2019.

1. The problem: The machine gun (mg) has some issues. Because of the knockback it gives and because of its fire rate, if someone hits their shots, there isnt a way to heal. The water bomb won't heal you because you are in the air from repetitive knockback. This needs to be modified because it can make it impossible to heal and also aim back at whoever is using the mg. My other problem with the mg is the "overheat" function. It dosnt do anything because of how long it takes to forcd you to stop shooting, which makes the mg just a spam gun that can stop you from healing or shooting back. The gun carries people that can't play and it is very annoying for good players because with a little luck the person using mg can kill you and you can't do anything about it.

What to do about it: If the cool down was changed to after 8 shots the gun won't shoot for 2 seconds, it would make the gun much better, and also if you change the knockback to 50%. Then it would take a little more skill, wouldn't be as spammable, and wouldn't make it so you can heal.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  2. Imo it doesn't need changed, the shotgun kit is pretty much the same way. Sometimes one blast can kill you instantly in close range situations, the machine gun isn't really all that good in close range fights like the shotgun. It's more mid-range and requires you to be a decent distance to land your shots good, unlike the sniper kit which is meant for long range.

You can also easily hide behind structures to prevent being caught in a string of shots by the machine gun kit, all kits are meant to be used uniquely and equally

So, with what I said above I'll have to say -1 on this.

Posted Nov 10, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 11, 2019
  3. The rifle is ment to be a mid ranged gun, so my actual opinion is the removal of the machine gun, but that is unrealistic. I am in the competitive league for paint ball and I know I have alot of support from that community, the machine gun needs to be modified if not removed. Also the shot gun kit is not broken, as it can easily be killed unless you get very close to someone and it definantly takes skill to use, unlike the mg. The changes I proposed would make it so people just cant spam the machine gun, and that there is a way to heal because you do have to admit that making to so soneone cant heal is definantly broken. The mg as it is takes next to no skill to use. I also said nothing about the mgs versatility, so where are you coming from saying things about the mgs range? I never said anything about modifying the range? I also never compared the mg to other kits so why are you comparing it to sg and sniper? The issues I brought up make the mg not a spam kit, and make it so that people can heal. Why shouldn't these changes be added? Give actual reasons maybe?

.... I hope this is a typo........

Where does this come in to my modifications? I said you shouldn't be able to spam the mg which is what people do now. The mg also isn't really equal. It just carries people that are bad at the game... You still havnt given any real reasons to why my modifications shouldn't be added... Give some actual reasons maybe?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2019
  4. I'm gonna disagree. Ever since they added the overheat mechanic mg has pretty much been the weakest gun in the game. Similar to chicken in SSM- annoying to fight, but easy to beat. I see Mg as the "Jack of all trades, master of none" class that is viable, but not the best option for any range of fight. At close range shotgun or a good rifle dominates. At medium rifle is better, and at long both rifle and sniper outperform it. Honestly the only time I think mg is good is when you get into a close range fight with a sniper. The only thing keeping mg competitive is the hit stun it gives, which even then I find myself just shooting out of it and killing the mg anyways with rifle.

Posted Nov 10, 2019