• 755 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3334 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Paintball Gun Gadget Splat

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by XPfirePlayz, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Hey everyone!

I wanted to propose a small idea for the Paintball Gun Gadget. I'm sure its been ages since you used this gadget and cringe at getting 200 paintballs when opening a treasure chest but hear me out. It's been a few years but the Paintball gadget used to shoot out a paintball and it would splat on the ground changing a few blocks where it landed to random colored wool blocks for a few seconds before changing back into the original blocks. But now when you launch a paintball it just lands with an unsatisfying splat and disappears.

I think this would be a simple addition as I'm sure that the old code is laying around somewhere or even could be re-coded very easily. Even though this is a small and insignificant change, I think it would bring a little nostalgia to the players who loved this gadget. I remember I used to love painting the lobby rainbow colors and seeing how long I can keep it up. :P

I'd love to hear your opinions and I hope to see this small feature back on Mineplex. I wish that I could have written much more but I don't know what else to say as this is a very minuscule and simple change.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    Jaek, Dallarth, Korben and 6 others like this.
  2. Hey!
    I think this is a great idea! I think it can bring some more use to the paintball gun gadget, and possibly get people who may have thousands to want to use it to paint the lobby. It shouldn't take too long for our Devs to code, however this, if added won't be added very soon in my opinion because there is other things that have the Devs priority. Overall I think this is a great idea and can make this gadget a little bit more usable and possibly make it more fun to use as well. Great idea!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz likes this.
  3. I was thinking this the other day myself, and I personally was confused when I found out it was removed and would like to see it make a return. Could you go into more detail about how this would work? Are you just suggesting that we just use the original method for doing this (which I can’t guarantee still exits) or do you have your own ideas for how this could work specifically?

Personally, I feel like a small radius of about 2-3 blocks around the area where the projectile lands should be changed to randomizes colors of clay. Clay is the block used in the actual paintball game so it’s consistent to do that.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion! +1

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz likes this.
  4. I really used to enjoy using the old paintball gadget; as you stated, it would actually change the colour of the block you aim at to a random coloured wool which used to be better looking compared to the current particles that are given off when using the cosmetic. However, I do see a problem arising from this: Whilst I'm not sure why it was changed at the first place, it might cause bugs where the block would stay as the randomised coloured wool and won't revert back to its origin. Overall, as long as the gadget won't cause any problems such as bugs in the future, I'll give this idea a +1

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz and saltyfishhy like this.
  5. Hey!
    Honestly, I remember back when this was the case. I agree that the current splat that occurs once you use the gadget isn't quite as good as before. As @Epicbuilder435 mentioned, I feel that this would also be quite easy to code. I don't feel that this will be heavily pushed, however I would love to see it included in a small QoL update. I don't feel that adding the colour splash effect back would have a negative effect, I know that there are cosmetics with similar effects, like the Bob Ross morph. Overall, I'd love to see the return of this effect. I believe it would encourage use of the gadget, most likely be fairly easy to code/implement, and not really have a negative effect on the server. +1 from me!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz likes this.
  6. This would definitely make receiving paintballs from the Crates more of a treat. I currently have a lot of paintballs and they do not really do anything. The developers however would probably focus on larger changes to games and features before this. Great idea though!!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz likes this.
  7. Hey!

Thanks for bringing that up! I was thinking it would work about that same as it used to work. It would change 2-3 blocks around the area that the paintball lands on into colored blocks. Like you suggested, a good change that we could do is instead of using wool, we use colored hardened clay/Terracotta blocks which would look much better.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey!

Thanks for bringing the topic of bugs from the affected blocks. I was thinking about the same thing when I posted this. Though, I thought of the trampoline gadget which can affect blocks in the hub but when it disappears it seems to have no problem reverting back to the original blocks. As long as the same system applies to the paintball gun gadget, I think it wouldn't cause any permanent damage.

That brings up another thing where the devs could easily reuse some of the code from the trampoline gadget to use on the paintball gadget.

Thanks for bringing it up!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 27, 2020
    Korben, xGetRektedx and saltyfishhy like this.
  8. Hey! I don't see that many issues with this. Personally, I would love to see this again and it was a shame that it was removed. It's a small change yes but it's a change that a lot of people will love. Also, as you've said Mineplex has had this before. Therefore, it wouldn't take long to implement this back. However, I'm sure there was a sufficient reason in the first place for it to be removed and fixing that "issue" could take time and that time could be put into better use.

After all of that, I would like to see this added again and I hope it will get added back soon.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz and Dallarth like this.
  9. Hey! I didn’t know this is what used to happen when you threw a paintball, but personally, even though I’ve never experienced it myself, I’d love to see it added. Although it is a simple and insignificant change, it would bring a fun addition to the gadget itself. I would definitely use this gadget more if this were added. Overall, this would be a great addition to Mineplex!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz and Dallarth like this.
  10. Hey,

I can also remember when the paintball gadget used to do this and I think it would be awesome to see it re-implemented, it made the gadget feel a bit more interactive and as though it had more of a purpose. However, like @iMedia mentioned, there could have been a reason for the removal of this feature, such as it causing the lobby to look a bit too messy (as an example, I'm not sure if that was a factor that played into the removal at all).

Overall, I think it would be really cool to see this added again and I'm in support of it, I'll give it a +1.

Posted Jan 27, 2020
  11. Hello!

I see no problem with re-adding this idea at all. It would defiantly bring back so many memories from the past, and would be bringing attention to a gadget that is not so popular which is a great thing! Bringing some "love" to this item has been needed as well as many more cosmetics, in the future.

I do not think that this would take long to implement since the Developers have done it before, and I am sure they could, simply, do it again. The only thing that would be a negative to this idea would be putting this idea before more important ideas that help resolve issues with multiple things. However, if the Developers ever do have some free time, or would want to add a small improvement, that they have time for, then I am all for it! Players would definitely enjoy this addition to this cosmetic to re-live some past memories with the paintball gun itself. In my opinion, it would bring more action towards the cosmetic, and honestly do think that this could be the start of improving cosmetics, as a whole, since a lot of them are not used as often as others.

Overall, I think this idea would be a great improvement to re-live past memories, and think players would enjoy this small improvement to the cosmetic. While it would bring more attention to the paintball gun, it could also be used more than it currently is for the players who enjoy the gadget. Anyways, I will be giving this idea a +1. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz likes this.
  12. I also miss this feature! It was a lot of fun being able to "paint" the blocks. It almost felt like I was able to make changes to the lobby without administrative priveledges/creative mode, which was pretty neat. Just like @iMedia stated, I'm not too sure why it was removed in the first place but I'm sure there was a good reason for it.

Maybe it was causing some unnecessary server lag? Just a guess. I'm not really sure. Hopefully it'll be looked into someday. It's such a small detail, but a fun and effective one at that! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'd have to give this one a +1!

Posted Jan 27, 2020
    XPfirePlayz likes this.