• 1675 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10113 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Paint Ball

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Mold_, May 14, 2019.

1. I have two idea's that might make Paint Ball a better game, One, can you add in a new kit called Medic Kit? it has like 5 pots and a pistol that deal 1 heart every 3 seconds, Two, can you add in a new version of Paint Ball that is Free For All, (No explanation needed).

Thank you for reading.

-Mold_-

Posted May 14, 2019
  2. Medic would make for a great support role as 3 water bombs for 1 player clearly is not enough to heal themselves and revive others at the same time. One thing I would change is the damage it does. Most players find it more entertaining to get kills than to revive teammates and this kit would not be fun for them. I would change it to 2 hearts every 3 seconds.

Can you go more in-depth in the free about the free for all version of Super Paintball? I also recommend posting your separate thread about that in New game Discussion.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 14, 2019,
    Last edited May 14, 2019
  3. For the kit: The ground Idea is nice, but not sure if it would fit in. Normaly, the kits are different from the gun types and the way you can use them. You gave an Idea for a gun, but 1 heart every 3 sec is not really good.
    (Quick note: PB dont have single heart dmg. Its mostly a 4 hits = death thing). This would be a kill after 4 hits dmg = 12 sec, while all other guns would kill you much faster.

2 hit dmg per sec is too strong. this would be like a OP Machine Gun and would unbalance the game.

Imo I don't rly think, you could add a new kind of gun, that would be balanced with all the others. Also I think PB overall is good too with the 3 pots system (for sniper 2 pots), so its a -1 from me

Also question: What you mean with a "Free for all" version? Can we get more infos about that

Posted May 14, 2019
  4. Heyoo!
    Overall, I think that the medic kit is an intriguing idea, however I don't think that it should be implemented into Paintball. The main reason for this is because I find this to be more of a supporting kit. Although I think that support is an important aspect to the game, I don't feel that it would be as interesting for the player playing support. Overall, I feel that a kit should be added to fulfill that supporting role, I'm just not sure what it is.
    As for the idea of a Paintball FFA, I think that this could be an interesting idea. It actually reminds me of the SSM FFA that Mineplex had for awhile. It allowed players to test kits and abilities without ruining their stats. I think this could work, but I feel it also needs a little more explaining.

Posted May 14, 2019
  5. So what i mean by "Free For All" is last person standing. And I thought about it and didn't word it right, what I meant by "one heart every second" was it could deal one armour piece every like 3 seconds, and as for people not really liking support roles, my sister would love it if they added Medic it was her idea, and she love being a support role.

I hope this help if not comment and let me know.

-Mold_-

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2019
  6. Hey there,

While I am not an avid Super Paintball Player, I do believe this kit would be a great addition to the game. The kits in the game-mode seem to be more focused on damage rather than healing; the addition of a support kit would really change things up! Having the pistol heal one armor piece rather than one heart balances the kit pretty well in my opinion. I'm all for this idea, good luck with getting it implemented!

Posted May 14, 2019
  7. Heyyo!

I don't really play Paintball that much, but when I used to play mixed arcade, I would love the competition of paintball! A free for all match would be really cool to play in, so I would absolutely love to see a free for all match in paintball. The medic kit would also be a good add-on to assist other players in winning. However, since paintball is only in mixed arcade, I would like to see a vote of free for all or team super paintball. (If it does make an update.)

Posted May 14, 2019
  8. Thread moved to New Kit Discussion

I played Super Paintball sometimes, but that is an interesting kit what you have. However, I am neutral on this idea. The only issue is that I can easily to be eliminated from the game after I got painted by the other teammates. If there is a medic kit, they can able to reduce the damages and little bit harder to be out of the game too. It may take time for the Developers to create the new Super Paintball kit, but I hope that it is going to be a great kit.

Overall, that is an excellent idea what you have! Keep up the great work! :)

Posted May 14, 2019
  9. Thank you for the positive comments, CreepBro06 you can play Paint Ball out side of Mixed Arcade it is it's own game, and as for the Free For All I think there should be 8 players every match, so as not to get to confusing. :)

And Thank You for the support. :)

-Mold_-
    --- Post updated ---
    As for Free For All the idea is Each player get's either Rifle, Shotgun, Muchinegun, or Sniper kit, and maybe Medic, each player get's 3 live's, (Live's is flexible depending on what people think) after they have been killed 3 times the last player alive wins. Each player still get's 3-5 pots.(depending on the kit) I hope this helps you understand my goal, and thank you for the support. :)

-Mold_-

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  10. Heyo!

I like the concept behind the medic kit but I'm going to go with neutral, I'd change the amount of damage the pistol does. However, for Free For All I really like the idea. A normal Paint Ball game is like 6v6 or 8v8 I believe, so say if you had 12 players or 16 players, 3 lives will be a little too much. Maybe you can change it to 2 lives just to reduce time.

I'm making a suggestion of my own if you'd like to add on, @Mold_ maybe you should have it set up like Survival Games where players have to get their guns out of chests. Infinite ammo is already supplied and your pots also apply but for the chests there should be the guns that the player owns. See if someone owned the "Shotgun" kit they'll most likely get a shotgun or any kit they own. If someone doesn't own kit "Sniper" they wont be able to find it.

Posted May 15, 2019
  11. Thanks, I like your idea it's a great one.
    --- Post updated ---
    @ATruePitato I like your idea but I don't think Paint Ball should have it, that turns it into fortnite to much, I'm still trying to keep it Paint Ball, I like the idea, but I don't think that would work very well. :)

-Mold_-

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  12. Heyo!
    I really like the idea of an FFA Paintball game. I personally think the concept of the Super Paintball game is really cool and fun, and if that was turned into a battle royale style game, then I think (myself included) that many players would play this. +1 for this idea.

For the medic kit, you say:
    Would it be one pellet every three seconds? If so it would take thirty seconds at the least (assuming you don't miss and they don't use healing pots) Correct me if I am misunderstanding the kit, but I would think a three-to-four-hit kill would be better for just a couple more pots.

Posted May 15, 2019
  13. Adding to this, perhaps a kit that has a gun that can be used to heal teammates/deal damage to not teammates? Maybe when you right click it fires heals, but if you left click it does damage to the opposite team. That would be considered a different type of gun possibly and fix the issue with people maybe not wanting to heal their team. It's just, not too sure how it would work in Minecraft, but maybe somebody else can play on that idea and make it more feasible.

As for the FFA paintball idea, it'd be cool, I'm just not sure how many people would play it. It's the same idea as, like, speed UHC - people liked the idea, it's just dividing up the community like that wasn't a good idea because it's splitting them into people who want normal / people who want speed (/FFA). We'd have to put into consideration how many people play paintball before deciding to split the servers like that. But if it were to become a thing, I'd probably play it for a bit and then maybe get bored. Not sure about other people, though. If it can have consistent players, then maybe, but you'd also have to consider possibly tweaking the kits to suit depending on how everything would work.

Posted May 15, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  14. @Bunni A gun like that would be to OP.

@cerns There are people out there that want a support role in games like this my sister included, but you can't play that role as either, Rifle, Shotgun, Machine gun, or Sniper, I'm not saying there bad kits it's just, there isn't a kit that fits people like that right know, that's why I posted, is to, one, get my ideas out there, two, give support people a kit they could use better as a support role. I hope that help let me know if not, and maybe my sister can explain better. Thank You for the support. :)

-Mold_-

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2019
  15. Making a gun that fires heals is too OP and can even break the game. Normaly you only have a few pots to heal/revive players to give a little chance to get a comeback, if the round didnt start well. But you also not have so much, to make the game not too long. Now the thing is: how fast the gun shoot? How much dmg it deals? How much it heals? Any cooldowns?
    The thing is, if you can fire healings too fast, it would break the game. You just need a few ppl who spam there teammates with healings, while they rush everything. It can also could make the game really long, even if the shoots can revive others. In fact, we need a cooldown, which would be kinda high and makes the kit less usefull. Even with the dmg, you need to balance out with the healing feature. So yea ig this would make the gun either - too strong or too weak and no1 would play it.

Posted May 16, 2019
  16. Just because it is a support kit doesn’t mean it has to be underpowered

Posted May 16, 2019
    RealDiamondKitty08 likes this.
  17. @cerns, I'm not saying it has to be under powered, but, Medic is supposed to be a support kit, NOT a smash, and bash kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2019
  18. Hey there!
    I think that your medic kid idea is fantastic and would be a great addition to the game.

Posted May 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  19. Fair point. Just popped into my head so it didn't occur to me that it was a little OP. It would probably have a pretty hefty cooldown in order to prevent game breaking mechanics. And no, not really a shoot to revive people - that's not what I had in mind really, though I can see how that would be thought of. Fair to just scrap the idea, lol.
    I can imagine another support kit would be useful in whatever sense, though.

Posted May 17, 2019
  20. OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2019