• 362 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3907 Players Online
  • 3545 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Outgoing Community Invites

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Anna-Marie, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Hey all!

The friends list has a feature where you can view both the outgoing friend requests, and the pending friend requests. So I was thinking, what if the community invites were similar?

The overall idea is this: Make it so you can see the outgoing invites for communities. Also, it would be fairly nice if there was an option to "Shift click to cancel this invite!"

I had two suggestions of how this could be done.
    1. Make it be like the friend requests. So basically, if you were to go into the "Join Requests" section of your community, not only would you see the people who have requested to join, but you would also be able to see any invites you had sent out in the past. To keep it simple, it would still be "paper" for incoming, and "ender pearl" for outgoing.

2. Add an entirely new section for outgoing requests. The icon could be "ender pearl," so that way you can easily tell the difference between the "Join Requests" and the "Outgoing Invites" sections.

I personally feel like this would be a very great QoL feature, as I myself have sent out many community invites in the past, but I have forgotten who they were and feel like it would be highly beneficial to be able to view them.
    I also don't see many downsides to this, and I don't see it being too hard to implement.

Let me know any feedback you have below! Thanks for your time :)

EDIT: After looking around on the forums, I hadn't realized before making this thread but @Paladise had suggested this before, which can be found here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/community-invite-ban-lists.150755/ It didn't get many responses, so I figure its still alright to have this resurface, BUT I wanted to make sure he got the credit since in all fairness he did post it before me lol

Posted Sep 11, 2020
  2. I think this is a great idea and should be fairly simple to implement into the system. Let's try to get this post more publicity so the staff can see this and put it to use

Posted Sep 11, 2020
    Paladise and Anna-Marie like this.
  3. Bumping this thread since it got overlooked :((

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 18, 2020
  4. Hey There!

I was genuinely thinking about this the other day. I'm more familiar with the friends GUI, so I was confused why the community one did not include outgoing invites. I don't see any major cons to this suggestion and can see this becoming a great QoL update in the future. Sorry your thread got overlooked!

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  5. Seems good.

Like you mentioned this is already a part of the /f GUI so this is definitely implementable. I don't have anything against it and personally feel this would be very useful. I feel it's better condensed into one section, (idea one) as it'd make the community GUI less cluttered than if two more were added. I can't think of any cons, it's a pretty useful feature for friends and I feel it'd be equally as handy for communities, especially larger ones or if you accidentally invite someone/the wrong person and want to withdraw the invitation.

+1

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  6. Using the final bump on this thread since its been about 10 days

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 30, 2020