• 1764 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1764 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Opinions on Smash

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by GH05T, Sep 27, 2020.

?

do you use smash?

1. yeah i use it every time

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. only against hackers

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. only against teamers/targetters

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  5. only if the person won't fight me

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. only when i'm about to lose

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. SMASH SHOULD GET REMOVED

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. SMASH SHOULD STAY

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. People complain about smash all the time but then when they're about to lose, they just use it anyways, doesn't matter what the situation is. Then other people never use it and they just take the L every time. Or some people have no idea that using smash is 'bad' and they use it every chance they get. So yeah, smash has a lot of different opinions on it and I want to see what most people think about it.

I don't use smash a lot--- like I try not to but seriously if I'm getting teamed up on by like 3 people then there's no way that I'm not going to use it. Or if I'm getting targeted by the same person over and over again then I'll use it when they have one life left, just to get rid of them. You can also use smash against hackers or people that would rather hide and run instead of just playing the game. But with that being said, I don't use it on most players, especially if both of us only have like 1 or 2 lives left. If I think that you're putting in a good effort instead of trying to be cheap or annoying, then I won't use it. The number of games I've lost when I had smash in my inventory is significantly higher than the number of times that I've actually used smash.

As another note, I would honestly rather see it get removed... It still does more bad than good. I think that there are only certain situations where using smash is acceptable, but not everyone has the same feelings and they just use it every time they get it, which makes the game really unfair because most players on SSM try their best but they still get smashed.

Also please answer the poll, I've made 2 parts to it- first vote for when you use smash, then vote for whether or not you want it removed.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
  2. Personally I only use the smash crystal when I want to annoy someone who I usually know, someone that is hacking, and sometimes I'll use it against teamers but not often. Most the time I use it will be against a friend though just to do it.

I think smash crystals should stay since I just honestly find them fun, of course they annoy me when something like a skeletal horse gets the smash and just destroys me, but I still do enjoy it a majority of the time. I completely get why most want it removed but i think if it's a vote at the start of the game that'd be better for everyone and more fair.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    GH05T, Xukuwu and Im_Ken like this.
  3. I don't understand why they made the decision up to the community, I feel like as the votes for the voting system piled up, more and more people started voting for it. I do like that they are including the community for their decisions, but imo suggestions for specific games should be directed to those who play that game for a more accurate result for what people wan't. Plus, GI and many players have some insanely viable points on why it should be removed, and those shouldn't go unlooked by Mineplex.

In my opinion, smash crystal should be removed, as its the most simple way to add skill to the game. I won't explain why right now, because its been stated over and over by the community at this point. I know that final smashes are also a feature in ssb. But in that game, final smash can actually be disabled.

Its crazy how the people who care about the change of ssm and everyone in the mineplex discord have completely different opinions on the smash crystal.

Though I still think that they should be able to turn on and off in mps/mcs for fun games, but in an ffa, they are torture especially when people abuse them.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Mitchy and GH05T like this.
  4. Hey!

Every time I play SSM and a smash crystal appears I do always go for it. I don't see why not. Yes for certain kits it can be fairly OP and maybe there's some distaste within the SSM community because of how OP the crystals can make you on use, but, the crystals were there for that reason. It's supposed to give you an advantage and unlock your kits "super power" as I like to call it.

Even if you're someone who doesn't support the use of the crystal, you might not have to experience it all the time in your games. If the game ends quickly enough then it is completely possible for you to go through an entire game without the crystal even making it's appearance. I haven't really encountered this myself because most of the time I play SSM with players who know how to play and so they aren't relatively easy games, but, I have seen it happen before.

I'm guessing you're making this post as well to ask the question if the community should vote on it being removed, and, if that's what this is about then I'd have to strongly disagree. Like I said, we know the crystal does make you OP on use, but, it isn't broken and it isn't taking advantage of an unfair system. I don't see a purpose in changing/removing it. I mean, it's been in Mineplex for so long I really feel if it was broken then it would've been removed a long time ago.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    GH05T likes this.
  5. I could write a full paragraph essay on why smash crystal is a broken and abusable mechanic, but I would rather direct you to this document made by a GI Member which explains a lot of the flaws of the smash crystals.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S0hqyJa6dzSHjooOpgyaX2U9frgvlt13-1hWm5DboL0/edit?usp=sharing

As for you using smash crystals, theres nothing wrong with that, Im just responding to your claim that theres nothing wrong with smash crystals.

There are a lot of bugs in this game aswell so simply saying if something is broken it should have been removed a while ago is noy true. The main reason nothing gets changed (even bugs) is becayse mineplex doesn't focus on this game anymore. Even though its probably the most unique and timeless game in the server in my opinion.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    GH05T and Mitchy like this.
  6. Actually yes, I agree that voting for it is more fair. I would personally vote no, but if it gets voted as yes, then I'm probably going to end up using it every time tho lmao

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 27, 2020