• 992 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6465 Players Online
  • 5473 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Opinions on maps in the game

Discussion in 'One in the Quiver' started by Dylan, Sep 14, 2018.

1. So over the last few years we complained about many maps and they were eventually dealt with, but now the game suffers from a relatively small number of maps overall.
    We've requested that some of the old maps get added back such as Winter Breeze and Oasis Attack but we've received little to no attention from anybody who has the power to make a change. We had a project on improving OITQ with docs included before the update that removed arcade games' lobbies as well.

I'd like to request that at least Winter Breeze gets added back but it would also be amazing if they gave La Palma and Oasis Attack a second chance as well.

OITQ is still my main game but sadly the changes over the past few years have driven the community away. This is a bit late for the game to make a comeback but the game does need serious help, comeback or not. I was very sad to see that it had not been touched during the mixed arcade update and it continues to suffer from a small map pool as well as the water double jump glitch with gwen.

It would be great to see the game updated again, even just a small change like the return of old maps.

also first thread btw!! xd

Posted Sep 14, 2018
    nathan. likes this.
  2. oasis attack definitely should be added back

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  3. I defo agree with u dylan because those were great maps.

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  4. god please no i cant stand oasis with all that water, especially now with the double jump glitch oof, Winter breeze definitely is the number one to bring back rn, then la palma right behind it but i feel like la palma won't be added back for some reason, but if winter came back I'd be really happy honestly, game flows perfectly on there and you get large groupings in about 2-3 different areas, and it's perfectly sized. Other than that I would much rather have the double jump glitch be fixed than see a ton of maps dumped into the rotation, I'm not trying to learn a ton of new spawn points thank yOU. In the end though nothing's gonna matter too much considering that the game is mixed arcade exclusive and I doubt that situation will be changed anytime soon if ever. :/ riprip

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Fall likes this.
  5. winter breeze was so cramped tho

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  6. so is
    - barbarians village
    - island village
    - halfmoon island
    1. I kinda was weighing towards not putting that in here but some other people still liked it so
    2. I really don't expect anything to happen tbh. I can always try
    3. Yeah that stupid bug has been around since the fly patch and whenever I played oitq on water maps there were people getting kicked left and right. They really need to do something about that
    4. The part that frustrates me the most is that they actually updated lots of the arcade games such as runner, spleef and wither assault after the update that removed their npcs and oitq was one of the few left untouched.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
  7. Honestly not at all, it was perfect, like dylan said so are other maps like barbs, however barbs is way too small it's practically not even playable anymore honestly without being able to double jump and everyone spamming enchanter, but winter has an island village kind of feel to it, not so much halfmoon since halfmoon you mostly get lineups, but island is another map that just fits perfectly, along with ruins (despite the fact that ruins is larger), and the worst part of the double jump/water glitch is that it is server wide and has been around for months now it needs to be fixed as soon as possible. I don't want Mineplex to really 'update' the game though unless its the water glitch/adding maps because I'm sure you remember the last few times they decided to update the game

Posted Sep 15, 2018