• 114 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1842 Players Online
  • 1728 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

OpenGL Error: 1280 (Invalid enum) What is this?

Discussion in 'Help' started by RepressedFeelings, Apr 6, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]Kept getting spammed this in my chat, help?

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  2. Posted Apr 6, 2020
  3. Posted Apr 6, 2020
  4. Hi there!

As far as I'm aware, this is a common issue with modified clients. Many different factors can cause the error message to pop up. These issues include but are not limited to having outdated graphic drivers/a certain model of a certain graphic driver, using outdated mod versions that are at a contradict with each other and anything else that happens to pop up in your error log.

However, does this error have an impact on your gameplay? If not, then you could disable the error messages by going to options --> video settings --> other --> "Show OpenGL errors: disabled". This is not probably a solution but it is something you can do to prevent annoying errors. One solution, which I bet you don't want to do, is to disable all of your mods and play on the vanilla client. That should ultimately fix your issue. However, you can also try to figure out the problem from your error log/graphic drivers/mod versions. Googling helps a lot too.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great day!

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  5. I believe this is a bug as I stated above. Before reporting the bug to Mineplex at the link I provided (Post #3) try the instructions that @Kisme provided.

Posted Apr 6, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 6, 2020
    mathuu and Kisme like this.
  6. I just experienced this for this for the first time today. @Kisme I tried your fix but that wasn't even in my video settings. I'm running Badlion with Optifine

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    Kisme likes this.
  7. Figured it out. It's for Badlion users.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    Kisme likes this.
  8. Hello!

This error which you get is actually not an issue of the server but it's an issue with your client and how it works with your graphics card. Such errors can appear only when you are using Optifine as there is a feature there to show errors which mean that there is a problem of your video card with working of OpenGL correctly.

There are some things which can do to resolve this:
    • Just disable showing errors under "Options --> Video Settings --> Other --> "Show OpenGL errors: Disabled" which will stop showing these errors in-game but it will still show them inside logs which is not good. I couldn't find
    • Update your Optifine version to the recent for your Minecraft version. You can download it from Optifine website which you can do here.
    • Update your video card drivers. You may look on the internet how to do that for your video card.
    • Update your Java version and include a path to javaw.exe file of the new version under "Installations --> Click ··· next to the profile you are using --> More options --> Java Executable" (If you are on Windows, this file is usually located under C:/Program Files (or x86)/Java/bin). You can get the recent Java version at official Java website (it will be the first in Google search if you will type "Java")
    • Allocate more memory for your client which you can do on official Minecraft Launcher under "Installations --> Click ··· next to the profile you are using --> More options --> JVM Arguments --> Find something like -Xmx#G and replace your # number for example on 4 (if you have >6 total RAM on your PC, it should be enough. If you have a lot of RAM, you may specify a higher number here)"
    • Add additional argument under JVM Arguments which is -XX:MaxPermSize=256m and you may put it after where you were setting ram, don't forget to put space before that.
    • Disable all shaders if you were using any as it's another most common thing which can cause this error if this shader is resource-intensive enough or have an issue.
    If you will do everything that I've explained above, it should help you to resolve this error of OpenGL. Since possible ways to resolve this error was told for you, I'm going to lock this thread. If you still have issues after doing all that, you can PM me at forums and I'll try to help with it for you and also you can always PM if you have any other questions or issues and I will happily answer you.

- Thread Locked, possible ways of resolving this problem were forwarded.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
    Kisme and Susie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.