• 292 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3251 Players Online
  • 2959 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Open Staff Interviews!

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by My1Legocraft, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Lol. @Sven Keep bring me here. XD Sure I'll be happy to do one with you once I'm done with the others.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 28, 2020
    Camdino and Young_Inventor like this.
  2. Heya!

This seems like an awesome idea! I remember seeing a previous one, and I can't wait to see it brought into action! Best of luck, I bet it'll be awesome!​

Posted Sep 28, 2020
  3. Thank you! I appreciate your support!

OP OP
  4. When will the first video be made?

Posted Sep 28, 2020
  5. I'm hoping sometime this week or next week.

OP OP
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  6. @Sven Thanks Sven for the epic summon, and calling me and all your other mentee's out like that XD

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  7. Hello!
    I generally do like this idea. It helps strengthen the bond between community members and staff members. I have seen people do this before. However, most people got bored with it and decided to stop doing it. Good luck on the videos! I am excited to see how well you do in making them.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  8. Yeah. XD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2020
  9. Thank you! I can't wait to see how well I do either!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2020
    Young_Inventor and BizarreAvatar like this.
  10. Hey!

I like how you're looking to interview a lot of different staff members. Even if half of these potential interviewees decline your offer, you'll still be left with so many who are willing. I've taken part in two staff interviews - one was recorded when I was a Trainee and the other when I was a Moderator. I can testify to how enjoyable they are to do and it improves your relationship with the community as they feel more connected to you, having learned at least one new thing about you. A lot of staff members like to remain more 'behind the scenes' and quietly carry out their work on the moderation team or their Sr. Mod team, so I'm looking forward to hearing from some of them who aren't in the public eye as often.

One thing I would advise is that you add some sort of unique element to your interviews and make them stand out from all the other staff interviews. As you most likely know, interviewing staff members has been a trend for a while and there's been plenty of people who have hopped on it before you. Some are almost routinely interviewed so it's even more important that you put a creative spin on a QnA session with them. As I mentioned above, I've taken part in a few interviews, so if I was to do another I would certainly like it to be different to the rest. In one of them I particularly liked how the interviewer carried out some research on my staff journey and developed questions centered around it. TL;DR, preparation is key. Know your interviewee!
    Good luck with conducting these interviews and I hope to watch the first one soon. :)

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Young_Inventor and Anna-Marie like this.
  11. Perhaps he could take requests from the community of question that could be asked to specific staff members? tbh there isn't really much competition right now, considering the Frozen Zone stopped doing staff interviews 2 months ago, but it would still be very cool to see something new in these interviews.

Posted Oct 7, 2020
    SuperScaryDamien and WowCaleb like this.
  12. Thank you for your input! I hope to be unique from the other ones tht did it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Young_Inventor and WowCaleb like this.
  13. Definitely. I would love the comunity give their questions to me! Just DM me on discord or the forums or reply to this thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 7, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  14. Does it have to be about their Staff Journey or could it be anything relating to Mineplex?

Posted Oct 12, 2020
  15. It can be anything! So both.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.