• 1030 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6220 Players Online
  • 5190 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Open donates for mineplex

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by nadav1112, Feb 18, 2020.

1. I have good idea call donates mineplex open a paypal or something and peoples can donate so the server keep growing and I can give to mineplex 15 dollars per month

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    510bike likes this.
  2. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I don't personally see the point in this; we have http://www.mineplex.com/shop and Mineplex would use the funds raised from the shop and put it back into the server. I wouldn't mind seeing more features/items that you can purchase from the shop but I don't think this would be beneficial at all for the network. I'd have to give this idea a -1 due this factor.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim and 510bike like this.
  3. I would say that I wouldn’t mind seeing it added, but I just don’t foresee it being used enough to make it worth implementing. It would be nice if people would be willing to donate to the server (without receiving benefits), but typically people donate for the rewards. I don’t think a ton people would donate their money on a Minecraft server just to keep it running, since there’s a lot of better uses.

We do have ways to donate on a monthly basis already (and you receive rewards from it!)
    I noticed you don’t have the Immortal rank. If you’re looking to donate to Mineplex monthly, it’s a pretty good deal. You’d be able to donate 7$ to Mineplex every month, and receive a lot of rewards from it.
    In addition to this, people can also purchase chests and other goods if they want to donate more money to the server.

With all of these options, I don’t think this is necessary to implement. People can donate monthly and receive rewards from it, so I don’t think it’s necessary to open up a separate donation page.

Props to you though for wanting to donate to keep the server running <3

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    Hxmza likes this.
  4. Just do 2 giveaways for a month of Immortal rank on the forums. That way you can donate that amount and give back to the community :)

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  5. I do not agree with this idea and also do not see this being implemented. This is because people might think that Mineplex are just trying to get money and are being selfish. Players can just buy items in the shop anyway which will help Mineplex as well.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  6. Hey!

I'm not against this idea fully, however, I feel there are better ways for players to support the server and the community. Good examples have been given above, for example, you could host a giveaway on the forums - https://www.mineplex.com/forums/giveaways.53/ this gives to the community as well as the server. You could also purchase an Immortal subscription, this wouldn't just support the server but you would also get some cool benefits.

Of course, we also have non-monetary ways people can support the server, for example being an active member of the community both on the server and forums. You could even make a Youtube channel and make Mineplex videos, all of these support the server and the community and don't need to cost people anything!

Given this, I wouldn't be against adding this but I feel it would be slightly unnecessary given the current options you have to support the server.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    Glamourized likes this.
  7. Heyo!

I'm not against this idea as well, though I don't think PayPal is the right option for this. Like many people stated above, you can always host giveaways for players to buy them cool things which support the server and gives a nice treat for a player. Though I wouldn't be fully against opening a way for people to donate to the server. Though right now, I don't see a point for this.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  8. Ehhh, I just feel like people would view the server as desperate. We already have the shop for people to buy goods that are virtual, so if you want to spend $15 a month to Mineplex, you can just buy a few chests, an immortal sub for 2 months, etc, and that would basically be the same thing and would give you something in return. Because of that, I just don't see a need for it.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  9. Eh, I'd rather have somebody make a purchase from the shop versus them making a donation. It makes more sense to me if you were to purchase chests every month or buy a subscription for immortal. There's really no need for a separate donation feature, though.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  10. Mineplex is a business, that would be like "donating" to Toshiba or Nike. You shouldn't donate money to someone you don't trust or that does not prove where those donations will go. You could essentially be filling the owners' pockets because you don't know their real intentions. Maybe they would use it to better the server, maybe they wouldn't. Who knows

Posted Feb 19, 2020