• 3492 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11930 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Open all option on chests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jedkent, Aug 12, 2019.

?

Open All Chests

This poll will close on Aug 12, 2021 at 3:24 PM.
  1. Yes thank you

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No please

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Okay, so this is an idea I've had for a while. The idea is an option when you open your chests to open them all. Old chests aren't that exciting, so if you have a bunch of them, slowly opening them one by one is tedious, and a waste of time.

I'm sure this wouldn't be hard to make, and it would save us all, a lot of time.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. Heyo,

after asking, I found out that a similar idea of skipping the chest opening animation was denied by marketing. While I know this isn't the same idea, it's very similar. I'm going to add this to the ideas board regardless, but I will say don't be surprised if there is a not planned tag or denial message in the future because of the previous denial reasons.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  3. Are the items that come out of the chest(currently) decided before what chest you actually open? or does each chest actually contain a different item? Slightly unrelated, but I was just curious

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  4. All items are predetermined when you open the chest, no matter what chests you open the results would always be the same.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
    Omegza likes this.
  5. Hey!
    As @landay mentioned, an idea similar to this has been denied in the past, however I still like the concept behind this. Since chest items are predetermined, the process that one goes through upon opening a chest is purely for show. Since Mineplex only has four chest opening platforms per lobby, sometimes they can become clogged. I know that Mineplex has a large number of lobbies, however when monthly rewards drop or Mineplex throws a major chest oriented event such as the release of Titan, these stations can suddenly become filled. I feel that giving the option to open all chests at once would simply be more efficient and allow more players to open their chests. I also like this idea because it isn't mandatory to use so those who want the full effect of the spinning chests and the changing floor, it's still possible to see. Overall, I like this idea and would like to see it implemented; +1 from me.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  6. Like @BaconAnEggs mentioned above, I like the concept of this idea. However, we have to seriously think about what we're be "giving up" as a result. Chests were developed to be unique and fun to open, adding an option to open them in bulk as you suggest would take away that uniqueness, hence making Mineplex less competitive as a whole (this is probably why it was denied by marketing as @landay mentioned earlier). The only way I can think of this passing is If it was only allowed for common chests (such as old chests) and only if you had many chests to open (say 10+). However, that's not even taking into account how we might implement such a solution without adding unnecessary confusion and complexity and all for something that may not even be in very high demand.

It's for those reasons it's going to be a -1 from me.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  7. This would make chest opening less fun, but hey- sometimes we want to open em all.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  8. I’m not 100% sure where you’re going with this idea, but I’ll try to cover most of it!

If you’re suggestion is to simply have the ‘open all’ automatically give you the rewards from the chests, that would basically take away the uniqueness of chest opening. While it is true that rewards are pre-determined, it’s still always been a fun thing to open the chests, as well as to watch the animations you get from certain rewards. I don’t think it’d be the best idea.

However, if you’re proposing opening all at once, with the animation still active, that’d also be a problem. A lot of players would end up crashing, or switching lobbies, making it so they don’t know what they got from the chests. I’m just gonna assume you meant the first thing I mentioned as that would be a lot more reasonable!!

I personally don’t see this as much of an issue. You don’t have to open a lot of them in one sitting. You can always just open a few here and there and before you know it, they’ll all be gone. I mean thats what happened with me. It’s also my very necessary because it really won’t be used that much. Of course, some players do have a lot of chests to open, but the problem is, that won’t always be the case. Once they are all open, you wont gain them as fast. Most of the chests, specifically the old chests, come from leveling up or game loot. The higher level you get, the longer it takes you to level up. This would essentially make this unnecessary in the long run. Not to mention that most players don’t have a plethora of chests to open in the first place.

I definitely see where you’re coming from, and if there’s something that could possible be implemented to help out with this issue, I might be for it. However, with the idea as is, I really don’t see the need or necessity to implement this.

I suppose there could be a compromise with this though. Maybe it can be made so that you can only open up old chests in bulk. As I mentioned above, those chests (at least in my experience), are the ones that build up the most. It’s also mostly just gadgets gained from opening said chests. I don’t see much of a problem with that, but I think that it should either only be for old and maybe ancient chests, or none at all.

I’d love to see what others have to say ~

Posted Aug 13, 2019