• 361 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6459 Players Online
  • 6098 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Only steve skins

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Brewingcreeper, Aug 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On bedrock edition I don't know if this is a bug or not but I only seem to only see steve skins on minelpex. I'm not going to report this as a bug yet because I have no idea if it is a bug or not. I really hope the devs fix this.

If it's my rendering can someone help

Posted Aug 2, 2021
  2. Not a bug, just works that way, it is a planned change in the next forums update

Posted Aug 2, 2021
  3. Heya! I'm not quite sure if you're talking about the forums or the server itself. Right now (and for about the past few months) there is a bug where sometimes on the network itself you will only be able to see Steve skin in game. The way I usually solve this is be restarting Minecraft, but sometimes it just doesnt work. It is a known bug, but I'm not sure if it's being worked on at the moment or if it's even a Mineplex issue or if its a Minecraft issue. I know it got worse with the caves and cliffs update so I'm not 100% sure on that part. However, since it doesn't realy affect gameplay I don't think its that much of a priority to be honest.

On the forums, as CatFan said above, you can only see steves for bedrock accounts as oppose to java accounts. This is planned to be fixed in the next forums update, which you can read more about here.

Hopefully that helped haha

Posted Aug 2, 2021
  4. Hey there! To me it sounds like you’re experiencing the infamous Steve glitch, in which all players in-game appear as a Steve skin. This has been an issue that many players have experienced and will hopefully be fixed soon. However, I have also heard that this happens on other servers as well, which indicates that it might be an issue with Minecraft or the server software that other servers may use as well. Some fixes I have found helpful include:
    • Log out and back in to the server - seems simple but helps in a lot of situations
    • Restart your game
    • Check in your Minecraft settings -> Video -> Allow Trusted Skins Only is turned off
    I hope the methods I listed above work for you and that you can soon see custom skins on the server again. Please feel free to message me should you have any further concerns or questions.
    -Bob

Thread Locked | Concern Addressed

Posted Aug 2, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.