• 1977 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4556 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

"Only OGs Remember!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by saltyfishhy, Nov 9, 2019.

1. you forgot christmas event back in 2015. that was a blast. everyone was playing it

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  2. I remember playing Minekart a few times.
    Abusing archer in Spleef as the only Ultra was fun.
    R.I.P. Notch Morph
    I remember Parker when he was known as MineplexOfficial.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  3. Minekart only had one map, but it was actually pretty legit. It only had one map IIRC, but it had a wide variety of different kits, each of which was a certain mob 'kart', and had stats like their max speed, acceleration, turn speed, etc. You drove by blocking with a sword and turned just by looking in the direction you wanted to go.

Honestly it was a really good foundation for a game, and I seriously think there is room for smaller elegant games like it today

Edit: Also cool to see that this thread actually has old things, I've seen a lot of "OG" threads that just talk about a lobby from like 1 year prior to the thread being made and such, whereas this includes a lot of older features that I havent seen mentioned in a long time

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  4. Bet I know something you don't remember
    Helper and Mod tag wasn't yellow back then

Posted Nov 12, 2019
    saltyfishhy and Mitchy like this.
  5. I do remember that! It was blue :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 12, 2019
  6. Oh man! I'm going to remember all of the old memories that I did way back in 2014 to now! Back in late 2014, I remember seeing the old Mineplex lobby, the one that has a tree. I also remember most of the players were opening the old chests system, by finding a place to open it. I remember when the admin rank used to have the light and dark red tag. Helper rank existed way back before it was renamed to Trainee, and it used to be a dark green and cyan tag. Ultra and Hero rank was the only two OG ranks in 2014. If I was in Mineplex 2014, I could have a ton of experience there too. Imagine if I was a staff in 2014, and it would be my fifth anniversary this year!

I heard Minekart was an OG minigame in 2013. I never had a chance to play it before, and it was sad it got removed after I joined this community in September 2014. I wish if they can bring back some of the old minigames. I remember watching some of their videos playing Minekart in 2013 bring back memories!

I couldn't forget that lobby stacker existed too, and people love to grab and throw someone just for fun. Sadly, it got removed, I think. Gem booster was also part of the morphs on Mineplex. I got removed sadly due to the EULA in December 2014.

I remember Mineplex TeamSpeak was a thing until the end of April 2018. This was where I started to make friends there too. I remember seeing the old community and staff members were talking there before. I'm sad that the TeamSpeak server was gone, but I'll never forget the memories I did!

Posted Nov 13, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 13, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  7. Why was gem booster a violation of the EULA

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  8. I remember one of the very old lobbies had a pet shop. Players would go inside and spawn in their pets, which were rare at the time. They costed gems, and for me at the time, a lot of gems. My first pet was the mooshroom and I spent 8k gems on it. I named it Perseus as I was obsessed with Greek Mythology at the time.

I remember when you had to find keys to open treasure chests and there was only one variation. They didn’t have any duplicates and were really rare.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    saltyfishhy and Mitchy like this.
  9. Lobby: Tree.
    Players: Many.
    Spawn: Stacking.
    Karts: Zoom zoom.
    Skins: Steve.
    Helper: Helper? GREEN.
    Necrai: NW Banned.
    Chiss: Is a Chiss
    Devs: Yes
    Enjin: Enjineered
    Necrai: NW Ban #2: Mineplex Boogaloo
    Clans:
    Gravity: woooooosh
    MAC: I mean like, yeah, but
    Necrai: NW Banned Volume 3: Vengeance
    Jugz: Happing haps
    Douglas: endy boi
    Tshirt: Contest
    The Dallas Mavs: Don’t @ me

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  10. No one said Teamspeak

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  11. I believe it was because Mojang doesn't want to make money or anything like that. I'm not part of the support team, so I couldn't guarantee it.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  12. Oof

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  13. Because of a clause of EULA that you cant directly convert from real money to cash that can be used to buy a perceived in-game advantage, different kits and Ultra kits could be seen as that, so they were removed / changed into Achievement kits

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  14. Hey.

I've been on Mineplex on and off for a few years and I missed a lot but I really missed when there was thousands of people on at a time. Mineplex is still kicking and is still great but I miss that. Some games now that I used to play a lot back then I can't really play too much anymore now because there isn't as much players now as there were before.

Also I remember when I first purchased Ultra rank xD It's been a while lol

-JaySavv__

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  15. I remember all of this. Along with Helper being Green to Cyan. All Staff members present in a lobby would be shown. Kits were exclusive to like Ultra- which is why I bought my rank tbh and to apply for staff at that time. All the old lobby/mini-games. The time where Mineplex was surrounded by high tier Youtubers, a time where Minecraft Servers were booming in popularity. Those were the good old days of 2013, I been a true OG joining shortly after Mineplex was released to the public. Let us also never forget Enjin and Chiss.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  16. Man this sure brings back some memories. I remember most of these like it was just the other day. It's fun taking a look back down memory lane. I kinda wish I was able to view a few photos of these.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  17. Owner tag was yellow

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  18. Yeah, me too man.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 15, 2019
  19. Owners would sometimes interact with the community and server

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.

20. Heya!
    My goodness... I can remember the lobby stacking!!! As you said, I always used to stack as many people as possible, and throw them around xD I also remember the slime football!!! I loved this little mini-game, and I remember I used to play this more than proper games!!

Same - the NOSTALGIA!!! xD

Interesting post, it's really nice to remember them again :D

Have a good day / night!

- Wand

Posted Nov 15, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.